1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bengals exploit Packers' many weaknesses

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

He sure did stick up for Favre in this article.

2. TomAllen

TomAllen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah Zero, it proves the old quote:

“If you tell a lie loud enough, and big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."

To get at the truth, just put the words "because the team sucks" after the sentences about Favre and you'll be closer to the mark. I have a feeling you people are going to crucify him this year, and it's all thanks TT and his "signings", or lack thereof.

But I told you this **** was going to happen months ago.

3. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Havel is Favre's 2nd biggest fan though so that's to be expected. :wink:

4. spardo62

spardo62 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think most rational people on this board deep down knew the team would suck this year. WE ARE REBUILDING, whether we or the Packers want to admit to that fact. If we would have signed every free agent people were clamoring for, it may have elevated this team from 4-6 wins, to 7-9 wins - BIG DEAL - if we were really lucky maybe we would get to 10 wins. But at what price, sacrificing the future for one shot?

IMO, you take your big shots a FA when you are almost there, not when you have Brett Favre and little if anything else. Ron Wolf was not active in FA until after he had traded for Favre, and Butler, etc. were coming into their own. This signing obviously had an impact.

5. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with this. I've been saying from the start I expect 6 or 7 wins this year. Maybe 8. That's just my opinion on the team but I also think you can't bring down this coaching staff and front office considering they haven't been here that long. I think we're going to see 2 more years of Thompson in the front office and I'm find with that. I think Thompson has a plan and I don't think he's going to break his plan for anyone including Favre. I don't think there is a thing Thompson could of done to get this team to the Super Bowl when he took over. That just my opinion. I thought this team was a mess and Ron Wolf's guys are running out.

6. LambeauEast

LambeauEast Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    "And fine left tackle Chad Clifton, bless his soul, continued to false start for no reason."

Truer words have never been spoken. With two bum knees and his constant proclivity for false starting, I just think Clifton will become a hinderance as the season wears on.

We all talk about the youth and inexperience on the inside of the line, but that wheel on the left end is definitely wobbly. Actually, he was rather stinkin' up the joint last season as well....IMO!

And as out-o-synch (or whatever ya wanna call it) as the offense was Monday, the part of all this that truly chills me to the bone is the fact that the defense was at the mercy of the Bengals' will. I really thought the defense was going to be the factor to keeping us in games this season.

7. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I don't like it when others claim someone is someone else, but I have to ask because you are an uncanning resemblence of someone.

Are you P@ck66?