Bench Rodgers for rest of season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams came back from that first concussion in no time. We'll see what this one brings, though with the playoffs pretty much out, I'm not sure they'll be in any hurry to bring him back. Shields seem to be going down after routine football plays. It is concerning, but I gotta believe he's not going to continue to have a giant target on his head either.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they should bench him now. Great that he played but now the playoffs appear gone. He has a lot of metal in his shoulder and they say it is not completely healed. Let's see if the young guy is really a serviceable backup.

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
If atlanta loses on Monday he will play if they win I still expect him to play.. but might make sense not to
My thought too if they're somehow still mathematically in it then they will most likely play him.

Reaction score
My thought too if they're somehow still mathematically in it then they will most likely play him.
I’m not sure what our probability is to win both final games. But if we then take that probability and multiply it by all the other scenarios that would need to happen.. I’ll bet it’s under a 5% chance that we get in the playoffs (that may be generous)
It would be the equivalent of losing a game by a score of 45-7 middle of the 4th quarter. But In the case at hand you’d have to figure in the fact that the QB is rattled and had surgery 2 months ago. If we get Aaron hurt over a meaningless game, this will be the straw that breaks Mcarthys back.

H

HardRightEdge

How many concussions has Adams had now? Do we have to worry about him becoming the next Sam Shields?

Regarding backup QB play, notice the Eagles won today. True, they were only playing the Giants, but they still hung 34 points on them.
Not all concussions are created equal. You'd have to think Shields' last brain scan was pretty ugly. As for Adams, only time will tell.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I could see Adams, House, Perry sitting. Rodgers? Meh, doesn't matter. Everyone else buckle up and go win one for the Gipper.

fix8ed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not at all. you put the health of your franchise over trying to win a meaningless game.
You also give your backup probably his last chance to raise his value with live regular season experience or prove his final worth.

worse case you just moved into a top 8-12 pick. There are only 7 teams guaranteed to pick before us right now.
Let’s move on and come on strong in 2018 by making some serious and drastic defensive moves. Let’s nog drag out this miserable defense who just gave up 31 points in 3 quarters.
I agree with this viewpoint. Thefact that Rodgers underthrew the football with resulting bad consequences indicates pain or weakness in the shoulder area. He needs to be OUT right now, and it should be an order from the cowardly Execs who are hiding while McCarthy and Rodgers are forced on front of the ever hungry media lice. I cannot remember a time, in fifty plus years of following GB, when I hoped a team (Atlanta) would remove my Packers from any possible contention by winning their game. We have the best player in the NFL. Let's keep him around by keeping him out for now. And let's give the kid a little experience.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, you could see from Rodgers performance that he wasn't fully himself. Rodgers doesn't throw three picks like that in normal circumstances.
Sounds like Rodgers wants to play, but sitting him does two things: It gets him healthier.
And it gives Hundley more experience to draw on in case he is called on to play some games next year. Our next two opponents have winning records, and it would be good for him to face some winning teams.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not if Tampa wins tonight! Lol no chance tho

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers should definitely sit Rodgers for the rest of the reason.

The problem is they already cut Callahan. Having Rodgers active as the backup is just kind of weird. They could put him back on IR and sign Callahan again.

According to a source Callahan cleared waivers and the Packers are in the process of re-signing him to the active roster. It's possible the team will make room for him by putting Rodgers back on injured reserve.

Brett Hundley is in no mans land as far as value right now. This is our 1 opportunity to increase his stock and we could use an additional draft Pick. Conversely if he fails miserably we increase our draft status easily into the top 10.

There are only 7 teams that definitively have draft spots 1-7 locked up. There are another 7-10 teams that are competing for draft order 8-17. If we lose the final 2 were picking top 10 for the first time in 10 seasons.

Playing Aaron Rodgers is extremely unwise at this juncture as we’ve got everything to lose and nothing to gain. This can only give credence to an illusion that we are not in need of a serious direction change on Defense and a hard look at our GM who has been an enabler to that delinquency

While I agree the Packers shouldn't play Rodgers over the past two games I definitely don't want the team to tank to end up receiving a better draft pick.

Let's be honest Rodgers shouldn't have been in today. Rust is one thing, but I didn't know his brain would rust? 1 INT into double coverage, one throw off the back foot (Both a la Favre) and the third it looks like he would've needed GPS on the football to complete the pass to Cobb. No...nobody can tell me TODAY Aaron Rodgers was worth starting. Hundley was the better option TODAY!

It was completely unrealistic to expect Rodgers to perform at an elite level after missing eight weeks and the shoulder not completely healed. Nevertheless he presented a better option than Hundley on Sunday.

Foles had succes in the league though, being their starter for some time too. We cant realistically expect BH to accomplish this feat against the Vikings and Lions.

It shouldn't be unrealistic to have a more talented overall roster and better depth than the Packers currently have though. Fire Thompson.

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Bench" Aaron Rodgers? Ridiculous.

"Rest" Aaron Rodgers? Absolutely.

If people don't see the courage and fortitude displayed by Aaron Rodgers in the Panthers game, why not just check your sorry *** off this website?

This was a "Bart Starr" level of courage, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts