Bench Rodgers for rest of season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Allow full recovery time? I mean it all but over, we may as well give Hundley more time to shine.

No point risking Rodgers?

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If atlanta loses on Monday he will play if they win I still expect him to play.. but might make sense not to

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If atlanta loses on Monday he will play if they win I still expect him to play.. but might make sense not to

MM was not committal about Rodgers the rest of the season.

Guessing Rodgers plays next week if we're still mathematically alive, which we probably won't be. Otherwise I would not be surprised if they play out the string with Hundley.

The problem is they already cut Callahan. Having Rodgers active as the backup is just kind of weird. They could put him back on IR and sign Callahan again.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where do u draw the line, do we bench clay also so he doesn’t tear up his groin?
Honestly, it doesn't really matter at this point. I want to win, but there's no shame in evaluating young talent and getting them more experience either.

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, it doesn't really matter at this point. I want to win, but there's no shame in evaluating young talent and getting them more experience either.
Idk how much more of hundley needs to be seen to figure out what we have there, but I do agree it doesn’t pay to put Rodgers out there I cringed every time he got hit today.

Reaction score
Brett Hundley is in no mans land as far as value right now. This is our 1 opportunity to increase his stock and we could use an additional draft Pick. Conversely if he fails miserably we increase our draft status easily into the top 10.

There are only 7 teams that definitively have draft spots 1-7 locked up. There are another 7-10 teams that are competing for draft order 8-17. If we lose the final 2 were picking top 10 for the first time in 10 seasons.

Playing Aaron Rodgers is extremely unwise at this juncture as we’ve got everything to lose and nothing to gain. This can only give credence to an illusion that we are not in need of a serious direction change on Defense and a hard look at our GM who has been an enabler to that delinquency

Reaction score
Where do u draw the line, do we bench clay also so he doesn’t tear up his groin?
Not at all. you put the health of your franchise over trying to win a meaningless game.
You also give your backup probably his last chance to raise his value with live regular season experience or prove his final worth.

worse case you just moved into a top 8-12 pick. There are only 7 teams guaranteed to pick before us right now.
Let’s move on and come on strong in 2018 by making some serious and drastic defensive moves. Let’s nog drag out this miserable defense who just gave up 31 points in 3 quarters.

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clay is not recovering from a major injury, right?
He had a recent groin owie that sidelined him and caused him to miss time right? Hate to tear that thing up in a meaningless game so I can’t see him hose himself down with water while swinging his golden locks around next season.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He had a recent groin owie that sidelined him and caused him to miss time right? Hate to tear that thing up in a meaningless game so I can’t see him hose himself down with water while swinging his golden locks around next season.

Really? And you're treating that same as a near-season ending collar injury? Collarbone usually takes 12 weeks to heal and Rodgers pushed it to 8. If we don;t need him anymore, might as well give him time to heal fully.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's be honest Rodgers shouldn't have been in today. Rust is one thing, but I didn't know his brain would rust? 1 INT into double coverage, one throw off the back foot (Both a la Favre) and the third it looks like he would've needed GPS on the football to complete the pass to Cobb. No...nobody can tell me TODAY Aaron Rodgers was worth starting. Hundley was the better option TODAY!

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? And you're treating that same as a near-season ending collar injury? Collarbone usually takes 12 weeks to heal and Rodgers pushed it to 8. If we don;t need him anymore, might as well give him time to heal fully.
I’m sorry I feel it’s time to shut his groin down for the year, it’s just not worth it to see him go out there and pull his groin, I don’t want to see that again.

H

HardRightEdge

Rodgers looked good when squared up to the target. His mechanics looked off making those 3/4 cross-body throws. 100% shut him down if Atlanta wins. I'd shut him down anyway, but it will be Rodgers call and I'd expect he'd want to play if Atlanta loses assuming he doesn't wake up tomorrow with a sore arm.

H

HardRightEdge

I’m sorry I feel it’s time to shut his groin down for the year, it’s just not worth it to see him go out there and pull his groin, I don’t want to see that again.
Matthews doesn't appear to be laboring. Nelson's another matter. He's looked sluggish for quite a while. If he's playing hurt I'd shut him down too. Lets see what Clark can do.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many concussions has Adams had now? Do we have to worry about him becoming the next Sam Shields?

Regarding backup QB play, notice the Eagles won today. True, they were only playing the Giants, but they still hung 34 points on them.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it's a meaningless game, let him go out there and play and have fun and if he gets hurt again, so what? Season is over anyway.
If our season is on a thread, start him anyway.

He was just fine.
I want to see good games and us winning and getting revenge on Minny.
I wanna see him play.
He gives us our best chance of that.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many concussions has Adams had now? Do we have to worry about him becoming the next Sam Shields?

Regarding backup QB play, notice the Eagles won today. True, they were only playing the Giants, but they still hung 34 points on them.
Foles had succes in the league though, being their starter for some time too. We cant realistically expect BH to accomplish this feat against the Vikings and Lions. But I dont see why it matters, Id be happy to let him play so he gets some more experience vs strong teams. Furthermore, Id be happy if we lose these matches too so we can get in some picks. So please start BH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts