Ben Taylor

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
Ben Maller is reporting this:

"Free-agent linebacker Ben Taylor is weighing contract offers from the Green Bay Packers and Cleveland Browns, and probably will decide by Friday. Taylor’s agent, Bob Lattimore, held additional talks with both teams Wednesday, and said the Carolina Panthers have shown preliminary interest, as well."

Thoughts?

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Popcynical said:
If we ended up grabbing Taylor, I wonder if he'd play MLB and give Barnett a shot at OLB. It'd be interesting.

most likely Taylor at ILB. This signing would eliminate LB as a dire need in the draft, to the point where we don't have to draft AJ Hawk at #5, and can probably pick up another LB in the 2nd or 3rd round. Barnett-Taylor-Thomas is not bad, Barnett-Taylor-Hawk would rule, but you know what I think about Mario...

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
Popcynical said:
If we ended up grabbing Taylor, I wonder if he'd play MLB and give Barnett a shot at OLB. It'd be interesting.

most likely Taylor at ILB. This signing would eliminate LB as a dire need in the draft, to the point where we don't have to draft AJ Hawk at #5, and can probably pick up another LB in the 2nd or 3rd round. Barnett-Taylor-Thomas is not bad, Barnett-Taylor-Hawk would rule, but you know what I think about Mario...
I would rather see Poppinga - Barnett - Hawk, with Hawk and Barnett playing nickel and Popp doing a little situational pass rush on 3rd down.

My fear is that Poppinga might be prone to injury also. But you can't question what he brings in heart.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll take Taylor as a starter for us. Taylor, Barnett, and Hawk looks solid to me... or at least an upgrade from last year..

all are young to.. maybe they have that Simmons, Koonce, and Williams potential...

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only reason why he's considering GB is the fact we run the 4-3 defense where he feels he is more effective.....I see him probably playing strong side lb....our offer is only for one year, so I don't think they are willing to move Barnett for a short term guy...I see him as an insurance policy for Poppigna.....I don't know if Thomas is signed yet.....we will draft another lb for weakside....

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wasnt one of the other reasons he might want GB is cuz hed start here? i thought i read that.

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well according to JSonline.com Taylor has signed with the packers for one year and under $1 million dollars....he will compete for the strong side line backer position, according to MM.....like I said earlier, he's insurance for Poppinga, because I know the Packers are counting on him to be a starter in the near future.....

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what is nice about the article is they break down alittle bit about Taylor, it's a positive article for once about the Packers from JS

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts