Before the season prediction contest update.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been up for a while on a sugar high from eating too many desserts yesterday. Time to do the research to update this. The thread is still locked.
Tie breaker #1: Packers are still in contention for a first round bye which would eliminate any wild card round loser predictions.
Tie breakers #2 and #3: Packers are 14th in both offensive scoring and defensive points allowed per PFR this morning.

Posters already eliminated:

16 and freaking 0
Doesn't look too good:

Possible but unlikely:
Still in good shape:
Record: 11-5

*this post might win "the most quotes in one post" award at the 1st annual moderator bash at the SB that @Shaggy is sponsoring this year*:cautious:

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is Poppa San's 13-3 under "doesn't look too good"?

Vikings are probably the toughest team we have to face and I expect us to win out. 13-3 is as likely as 12-4 and both should be under "still in good shape" imo.

Reaction score
Here’s to every one of us hoping that Poppa San comes out victorious.
Heck yeah! I’d even be willing to start my concession speech before supper on election night (SB night) when Poppa wins. Shortly afterwards and out of humility, I’ll take a crash landing position and kiss my a?& goodbye. :roflmao:

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Here’s to every one of us hoping that Poppa San comes out victorious.
Yeah me too. :geek:
Why is Poppa San's 13-3 under "doesn't look too good"?
I went one game either way as the cutoff before I started the project. I added a spot for 9 wins after I saw how many there were. That said, I think 13 wins are a better probability than 10 wins.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't consider my guess of 10-6 to be a realistic scenario as I fully expect the Packers to win more games.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been up for a while on a sugar high from eating too many desserts yesterday. Time to do the research to update this. The thread is still locked.
Tie breaker #1: Packers are still in contention for a first round bye which would eliminate any wild card round loser predictions.
Tie breakers #2 and #3: Packers are 14th in both offensive scoring and defensive points allowed per PFR this morning.

Oh dang....I predicted 11th in both....why cannot that be the first tie breaker LOL

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't consider my guess of 10-6 to be a realistic scenario as I fully expect the Packers to win more games.

But you expect more than 10 wins before the season started? I for one am pleasantly surprised we are 9-3 at this point of the season. Often when a team hires a new first time HC that team goes thru growing pains the first year. Of course, not many rookie HC's have a future HOF QB to work with...

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The Packers are currently 11th in points per game, and 14th in points allowed. I predicted 7th and 14th respectively. Part of what I took into the equation was the Packers being able to score more points down the stretch. Hopefully that trends upwards as we go along.

The Packers are right where I thought they would be defensively. Hopefully that number trends better as well.

D

Deleted member 6794

But you expect more than 10 wins before the season started? I for one am pleasantly surprised we are 9-3 at this point of the season. Often when a team hires a new first time HC that team goes thru growing pains the first year. Of course, not many rookie HC's have a future HOF QB to work with...

Well, I predicted the Packers to finish the season with a 10-6 record, so obviously I didn't expect them to win more games than that.

That wasn't the point of most though as I don't agree with Poppa considering my prediction to be still in good shape.

Members online

Latest posts