Before the Favre bashing starts.......

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
PackerChick said:
I dont want to see Favre Bashing neither. He had no guarantees he was going to announce his future. Bash the spokesperson and the media.

Yes. The spokesperson chose her words carefully and media took it to the next step.

I've yet to see the quote where the spokesperson stated Brett would be making his decision on his Football Career during the Golf Press Conf that he holds every year.

I dont think he would make an announcement about his future at a golf course.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
According to Becky Stuart, a personal assistant to Favre's wife, Deanna, Favre will announce his decision at a 7:30 a.m. news conference today. Stuart told The Associated Press that Favre would divulge his future plans at a news conference usually held to discuss developments with the "Brett Favre Fourward Foundation," which is hosting the annual golf fund-raiser this weekend.
That seems to make it fairly clear that a decision would be made. I don't see any twisting of words there. It seems most likely to me that the personal assistant had assumed that Favre would announce it when she wasn't actually told by him that he was going to. Like I said before I'm not blaming Favre, but I don't think it's entirely right to blame the media either. It seems most like a simple misunderstanding.

Clearly? How does 'according' equal clearly? I guess we see things differently, way differently. In my book according is an assumption from someone's comments. Now if comments where made that were that decisive why hasn't anyone grabbed the exact words an quoted THAT specific comment? I can answer that. Because that is not what would get peoples ATTENTION. So they imbelish it a bit, exaggerate it and let others run with it (ie, yourself and many MANY others)

Some are looking for a crack of evidence to find out when. I'm looking for something solid, not someone elses perception of someone elses words who is close to Brett.

PackerChick said:
Zero2Cool said:
PackerChick said:
I dont want to see Favre Bashing neither. He had no guarantees he was going to announce his future. Bash the spokesperson and the media.

Yes. The spokesperson chose her words carefully and media took it to the next step.

I've yet to see the quote where the spokesperson stated Brett would be making his decision on his Football Career during the Golf Press Conf that he holds every year.

I dont think he would make an announcement about his future at a golf course.
Thanks for agreeing with what I've said about a dozen times :p

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah according to. Like she told the press that Favre would announce his decision. It seems like they weren't able to confirm this by talking to anybody else including Favre's agent so it probably was expecting too much but I can understand the thinking that he would make the announcement if someone closeish to Favre made that statement.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
Yeah according to. Like she told the press that Favre would announce his decision. It seems like they weren't able to confirm this by talking to anybody else including Favre's agent so it probably was expecting too much but I can understand the thinking that he would make the announcement if someone closeish to Favre made that statement.

If she said he WAS making a decision that would have been quoted and used as a headline. That is the point I'm trying to make but obviously failing to make with ya lol. She cleverly worded her comments making this writer write the article how he did.

Remember the comment that WAS quoted when she said 'we will all have to find out at the same time' or something like that. The fact that THAT was quoted should be a huge red flag especially when nothing more was quoted specifically pertaining to Brett retiring or announcing he's playing this year.

Btw he is playing this year.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
regardless, that ***** should come clean my apartment for making me get up that early. i hold her responsible for that

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
regardless, that ***** should come clean my apartment for making me get up that early. i hold her responsible for that

i second the motion

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts