Bears Week 1: Good Thing?

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears have established themselves as one the premier teams in the NFC. The have the top rated defense by most "experts". Their running game has two solid backs and Grossman has huge potential. This team can make the average (not bad) Packers look laughable.

I would rather see the weaknesses exploited Week 1 than have an average team play the Pack to the end of the game, with the possibility of losing. The Packers will have a hard time playing the Bears no matter what week, so why not the Week 1 matchup? The Pack are hungry for a win now, especially since they are playing at home. If they do win they will have huge momentum carrying into the next couple of road games.

The Packers are not bad.

Solid running game. Ahman Green looks good again. Remember him before the injury? Five straight 1100+ yard seasons, including the monster 2003. No, Ahman will not be as good as that 1800 yard season, but he will be a playmaker. As long as he is healthy...

The defense needs to come together, but they can be a solid defense to rely on. The Bears running game was effectively shut down, 3 YPC. If the DB's can fix their swiss cheese problem, the Pack could easily defend the lackluster offenses of the NFC North.

I will probably get hounded for the comment, but as long as the Pack can stay within striking distance, Favre is the most dangerous man on the field.

Look, we were all hoping for a win but knew it wasn't going to happen. At least the Jon Ryan pass was one to yell about for a while. Not to mention the catch by Herron (I think).

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the o-line definitely got a "welcome to the NFL" greeting from arguably the best d-line and defense in the league.

they probably took a LOT out of that game. lol. i hope!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo,

Yes, this was better then going out and getting beaten by somebody average in my opinion. I was actually happy we had the Bears first as I am a firm believer that that the loss will bring up our level of play for next week higher than it would have had we played somebody weaker.

Not saying we are going to win next Sunday, I just don't know but I do feel we will have a better chance now. I will not go as far as you did by saying the Packers are not bad though, I feel we still need many things to come together that I pray will start to happen Sunday. If they do however, that momentum should take us to a 2 and 1 start. Cross your fingers friend !!!

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the Packers really are not even average. They are at best in the lowest 1/3 of all teams in the league and their record will reflect that at the end of the season. If GB doesnt beat New Orleans this weekend at home, I expect a 3-win season.
I know its easy to say "Look at our running game" but in truth, Green piled up only meaningless yards. Any time you needed those tough one or two extra yards for a 1st down, the Bears played the run and he went nowhere. The reason he got so many yards was because in the 2nd half, the bears played ONLY against the pass, and did so very well with 2 picks (should've been 4) and very few first downs.
Also, your secondary...the Bears have the WORST receiving corps in football. No joke. Muhammad should be a solid #2 somewhere, as he is not really a playmaker, just a glorified posession reciever. I fear that if you guys have to face a Steve Smith, T.O., Chad Johnson it could get ugly real fast. Rex Grossman has some potential, but a vetaran backfield like that in GB should really play better against such mediocre talent. I fear Woodson is done for and that Al Harris has always been susceptible to getting beat.
What you guys NEED is interior lineman on both sides of the ball. Once you have a solid line, everything becomes easier.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BearPerspective said:
Well, the Packers really are not even average. They are at best in the lowest 1/3 of all teams in the league and their record will reflect that at the end of the season. If GB doesnt beat New Orleans this weekend at home, I expect a 3-win season.
I know its easy to say "Look at our running game" but in truth, Green piled up only meaningless yards. Any time you needed those tough one or two extra yards for a 1st down, the Bears played the run and he went nowhere. The reason he got so many yards was because in the 2nd half, the bears played ONLY against the pass, and did so very well with 2 picks (should've been 4) and very few first downs.
Also, your secondary...the Bears have the WORST receiving corps in football. No joke. Muhammad should be a solid #2 somewhere, as he is not really a playmaker, just a glorified posession reciever. I fear that if you guys have to face a Steve Smith, T.O., Chad Johnson it could get ugly real fast. Rex Grossman has some potential, but a vetaran backfield like that in GB should really play better against such mediocre talent. I fear Woodson is done for and that Al Harris has always been susceptible to getting beat.
What you guys NEED is interior lineman on both sides of the ball. Once you have a solid line, everything becomes easier.

great post.

their is alot of room for improvement on this team, i hope the packers can win this game.

you can say we are playing a avrage team or the best on the 1/3 lowest teams as bearprespective said. if we dont beat them we may have a bad season.

on offensive if our o line can protect favre we will have a good offensive game.

in this game i want to see the team play well not just a couple of players and i also dont want to see alot of big mistakes like we had last week.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts