Bears vs. Vikings

Packerfan4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's even more brutal is the VIKINGS OFFENSE! 3 turnovers, 2.7 yards per carry from the number 1 rushing offense in football, all in the first half! And it looks like its gonna be 13-3 going into the second half....OH HOW I WANT THE VIKINGS TO LOSE THIS GAME!!! My 2 very good friends are both Vikings fans, and as much fun as it was to watch Favre break the TD record in the metrodome and watch the Vikes get shutout with my friends...I would much rather watch their faces as their chances of going to the playoffs dwindle down to nothing should they lose next week vs. Redskins.....thats assuming the bears can keep a lead....

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the Bears gave them a free field goal at the end of the half. 13-6. Now it's the second half and the brutality continues. In fairness to the offenses, both teams are pretty good defensively. I still think the Vikings have the advantage, because at least their QB has the potential to be decent, whereas Orton is just plain bad. I remember a couple years ago when Bears fans thought this guy was a steal in the third round or wherever they drafted him.

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ugh! Robert Ferguson goes 71 yards--the longest play of his career. He's looked so awful for the Vikings, not that he was anything great in Green Bay toward the end, but I have to give him some credit. He did manage to get dragged down at the one-yard-line. Peterson scored the TD easily on the next play, but then the Vikings botched the extra point. 13-12.

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The game ends with an interception by Sharper, a player I hated before he even left Green Bay. Not that I expected the Bears to win at Minnesota anyway.

I'll be disappointed if that pathetic Bears offense does ANYTHING against the Packers next week. But their defense can still keep them in any game, or even win a game, by making big plays.

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was one butt ugly game...................but it's a win.

If we make the play offs I don't see us going far, but it's better than where I thought we'd be after starting 3-6.

How bout them Lions? :lol:

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
The game ends with an interception by Sharper, a player I hated before he even left Green Bay. Not that I expected the Bears to win at Minnesota anyway.

I'll be disappointed if that pathetic Bears offense does ANYTHING against the Packers next week. But their defense can still keep them in any game, or even win a game, by making big plays.
Sharper should have taken a knee in the endzone instead of running it back.
If he fumbled...............

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Yep Sharper was trying to grab a little more glory.... a Viking defender should have tackled him in the endzone. ;)

Congrats boys.. only a win away from a playoff berth.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

You must keep in mind, it was the Viking offense they shut down.
Jackson is no Brett Favre.
We will be fine next week.

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...We will be fine next week.

As vikefan said "one butt ugly win"

On the plus side:
The bears will sweep the Packers, and the Lions will win their last game

Go Bears!

Go Lions!

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikesrule, my comment is who has less heart right now the Bears or the Lions? Both teams don't seem to care and it shows on the field. The Pack finish these two off and I have a feeling the NFC title game is coming to Lambeau. The 'Girls are banged up and if the 'Skins and Panthers watch any game film they will set their defence (both of which are pretty good) loose on Romo and pressure him. I think the Pack may have learned a lot from that game Dallas played against the Eagles.

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikesrule, my comment is who has less heart right now the Bears or the Lions? Both teams don't seem to care and it shows on the field. The Pack finish these two off and I have a feeling the NFC title game is coming to Lambeau. The 'Girls are banged up and if the 'Skins and Panthers watch any game film they will set their defence (both of which are pretty good) loose on Romo and pressure him. I think the Pack may have learned a lot from that game Dallas played against the Eagles.

I think the Bears played with heart. Their defense did a good job on Adrian Peterson. Their problem is a lack of talent on offense. Kyle Orton, in particular, was horrendous.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
...We will be fine next week.

As vikefan said "one butt ugly win"

On the plus side:
The bears will sweep the Packers, and the Lions will win their last game

Go Bears!

Go Lions!
(This coming from one who is STILL waiting for his team to win a championship!) :wink: :lol:

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

I think the Bears played with heart. Their defense did a good job on Adrian Peterson. Their problem is a lack of talent on offense. Kyle Orton, in particular, was horrendous.

The D played with Heart. One 'good' play by fergie killed them. Also, on that long play, Tillman chased his punk butt down and tried to get a fumble. Even Lance Briggs, of lame duck status, was sprinting down that play from behind.

The O played with idiocy. Lack of talent, old age, vanilla bland play calling, and enough false starts for an entire season. I am disguisted. But hopefull. But disguisted.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
TheKanataThrilla said:

The D played with Heart. One 'good' play by fergie killed them. Also, on that long play, Tillman chased his punk butt down and tried to get a fumble. Even Lance Briggs, of lame duck status, was sprinting down that play from behind.

The O played with idiocy. Lack of talent, old age, vanilla bland play calling, and enough false starts for an entire season. I am disguisted. But hopefull. But disguisted.
Whoda thunk it?
Fergie making a big play. :wink:

Members online

Latest posts