Bears stud n duds

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Listen here Crazy, I think Gmo could be force fed 15,000 calories a day of Steak, Cake, and Ice Cream and he'd still be 1 skinny dude.

:)

We need to just get him on PED's and have him train with Gordon and Brown. :coffee:

I think the Packers move on from GMO. Just another UDFA who appeared to possibly have some skills to develop and just never fully did.

Only way I see the Packers bringing him back is on a low end contract with few guarantees, some incentives and if he doesn't earn a spot in camp/preseason, he is gone.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gmo is a guy you keep for cheap until someone beats him out. If someone pays him more, so be it.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has he really regressed or has he just not progressed? Maybe like a lot of other mid to late round WR's, this is all we are going to get? We have seen this story how many times in the last 20 years? "Wow, this guy could be the next Donald Driver!" How often have we seen it since Donald? How long do we wait? Seems like TT and now Gute have waited too long to invest high picks or sign a decent FA WR and this season we are finally seeing what happens when only 1 WR is a bonafide every down threat.

MVS had some success last season due to the fact the Adams, Cobb and to some extent Alison and Graham took some heat off of him. He was a 5th round rookie, not expected to do much. Also, helps to have #12 throwing to you. He wasn't ready to be a relied upon starter in his second year and I really hope that Gute doesn't make the same mistake heading into 2020.

Injury may have set him back, but no question his development has stalled. He still has some time, however, to make strides, but that time will quickly evaporate if he's not more productive next season.

His intriguing size and his speed will likely give him that much rope, but not more.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn’t put the yards on Pettine today. Pressure was pretty good today and guys in the back were in position to make plays and they just didn’t. I’m not sure any of our DBs can catch outside of Tramon who is aging and Amos.

they played pretty well today overall, but they’re responsible for all the snaps they had to stay on the field for the most part.

How many of Chicago's yards came in their last 2 drives late in the game?

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

Kenny Clark
The D - I don't like the bend don't break defense, because it's not good for my nerves, but at the end we win the most games, because of that
Jaire
O-Line
Adams although he had a couple of drops

Duds:

Every WR not named Adams - we have massive problems on this position
Graham - did he even play?
The pass rush - where were the Smith bros?
Martinez - it's hard to watch him making the same mistakes every game

Kumerow had a superb play in this game and I heard MFL is going to use him more in upcoming games.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn’t put the yards on Pettine today. Pressure was pretty good today and guys in the back were in position to make plays and they just didn’t. I’m not sure any of our DBs can catch outside of Tramon who is aging and Amos.

they played pretty well today overall, but they’re responsible for all the snaps they had to stay on the field for the most part.

Stud: Ervin. OMG! So that's what a return man looks like. He tries for yards whenever he gets the ball. I think he did a Fair Catch only once if I'm not mistaken.

Dud: MVS. He was supposed to be our #2. Rodgers put it right where he could catch it. Very disappointing.

I thought the DB's played ok. But all those dropped or missed interceptions were ridiculous.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Stud: Ervin. OMG! So that's what a return man looks like. He tries for yards whenever he gets the ball. I think he did a Fair Catch only once if I'm not mistaken.
He’s earned himself a spot on this ST roster in just 2 games. I love he has explosiveness in multiple gears and his speed translates nicely in pads.

Looking back, he ran a 4.40 then backed it up with a 4.39 at the Combine (a smidge behind Desmond Howard’s 4.35X40), so it’s no surprise he holds the all-purpose record at San Jose State (6,146). Some draft experts (Draft insiders) had him pegged as a day 2 draft pick, but he slid into the early 4th.

One of the bright spots in recent weeks is how Tyler came into GB with authority. He’s taken our ST return unit from a liability to an asset. One thing that jumps out is he’s played multiple positions aside from being a return guy (CB, WR, PR, KR, Gunner and RB)
If I’m MLF, I’m slowly integrating him into packages out of the Slot and turning him loose in the playoffs.

He’s a great example of why it’s important to continue to better your weaknesses by bringing in outside help. Nice job Milt!

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
He’s earned himself a spot on this ST roster in just 2 games.........

He’s a great example of why it’s important to continue to better your weaknesses by bringing in outside help. Nice job Milt!

I also think that he is officially on Shawn Mennenga 's Christmas list, since he may have single-handedly saved Shawn's job as ST Coach.

D

Deleted member 6794

True enough. But I can spin it this way: MVS came in with far less experience than Adams. He was much more raw of a WR. Yet at this point in their respective careers, MVS is as successful (and maybe a little more) than Adams.

But this push to replace MVS because of his issues is silly. Just as it was silly for some to want to replace Adams a little over 3 years ago.

Should we try to upgrade WR? Of course, we should try to upgrade every position. I just don't see the same dire need most see. This draft has a lot of talent and I expect us to grab a WR in the first 3 rounds. I have been calling for that for a few years, and we never seem to do it.

But if we do, he will give us very little in year one, and I expect MVS, Kumerow, St Brown, and/or Lazzard to be having a bigger impact. By year 3 he will be ready, when we are going to lose a FA or two.

MVS has regressed over the past few weeks having only a single reception for seven yards in the last six games. If he had continued to put up numbers like during his first 1 1/2 seasons fans would be way more optimistic about him moving forward. It wouldn't have changed the fact that the team needs to add a decent #2 wide receiver and a tight end next offseason though.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also think that he is officially on Shawn Mennenga 's Christmas list, since he may have single-handedly saved Shawn's job as ST Coach.

One thing I'm noticing this year outside of the returner is we aren't getting flagged for blocks in the back and holding as much as we did last year.

TexasCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You freaking revived an old *** thread that holds no relevance whatsoever, just to say wow?

yep I sure did, in fact I just viewed a “revived thread” from September someone commented on that popped up in my alerts. Difference is I didn’t pop on to complain like you because it isn’t a big deal and didn’t concern me when I read it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts