Bears stud n duds

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean it was a one score game against one of the worst NFL QB's. This season was all about SB or bust. Frankly, this isn't a SB caliber team.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I mean it was a one score game against one of the worst NFL QB's. This season was all about SB or bust. Frankly, this isn't a SB caliber team.
One of the predictable negative nancies coming to rain on everyone’s parade. It was a division rivalry game against a Bears team that came in winners of 3 straight, and 4 out of 5, hungry as hell to stay alive for a playoff spot.

The Packers will still have to continue to improve, and will, but today was a really good win.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Pettine's bend don't break defense once again holds the lead when needed most. For once this unit is the one clutch part of this team

Duds: Bryan Bulaga being a whiff machine out there

Rodgers once again awful in the 4th quarter

At the end of the day I predicted a 24-13 win so the game went almost exactly according to plan.

BUT ...

If we have to come from behind in the 4th quarter at all in the playoffs, this offense looks incapable of doing that and doesn't play smart football. You don't EVER take a sack when you're in FG range.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another ugly win

But the defense is starting to heat up, I feel that that's more important

AR looked awful in the 4th

TDF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Packers
Dudes: Bears

division games are like that and it’s sweet to pretty much send the Bears home to clean out their lockers and Squash their Ridiculous preseason Super Bowl dreams!

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
One of the predictable negative nancies coming to rain on everyone’s parade. It was a division rivalry game against a Bears team that came in winners of 3 straight, and 4 out of 5, hungry as hell to stay alive for a playoff spot.

The Packers will still have to continue to improve, and will, but today was a really good win.

That Def of the bears is top 5 correct?

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Ervin - great pick up and is helping the team on STs
Lowry - pick that helped with the rubber band D
Alexander - good tackling and played pretty well

Duds: Blake Martinez - over and over and over being exploited.
MVS - non factor, give someone else his spot
Rodgers - never EVER take a sack in fg range and his game management when ahead is odd and his demeanor is as well.
Graham - continues to be inconsistent and doesnt get any separation in coverage.
Lafleur - the play calling with the lead reminds me of 1977.

This team is confusing on offense. I dont truly know if they will burn or flash in the post season. Every W lately has been ugly so hard to tell

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
The identify of this team is winning ugly. If they win ugly to a super bowl, I’m fine with it. If they lose in playoffs, it should honestly just be what we expect by their caliber of play.

studs- Erwin, Alexander and Savage
Duds- Offense

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While the Offense has looked terrible, especially in the 4th quarter lately, I don't think it really matters.

I think the Defense starting to gel and get going is more important

Obviously we will just have to hope/pray that AR "gets hot" over the next few weeks and into the playoffs

Reaction score
You don't EVER take a sack when you're in FG range.
What’s odd there is for once in our life we couldn’t play conservative and punched it up the middle for 2 yards. That would’ve taken roughly :50 off the clock and gave Crosby a 43 yard FG to go up by 11 points (2 scores) and kicking off with about 4:07 minutes left.
That play not only up gave away points. It nearly cost us the contest, which in turn could’ve cost us the Division. Very disappointed in Matt on that one.

Stud: D Adams, Kumerow, Ervin, Sullivan, Gary Clark, Jones, Lowery

Duds: MVS, poor clock management when it counts most, the last drive of both halves.

As critical as I’ve been with Martinez. Not sure how a dud gets 11 tackles including a TFL and 2 key 3rd down stops. A key contributor in the run D game to 96 yards total (3.5 carry) That ultimately decided this contest.

Last edited:

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Ervin
O line for 3/4
Lowery for the pick
Kumerow

Duds: Pettine’s idea of an effective D. He says they focus on stopping the pass instead of the run. So, when does that start? The middle is always open and that prevent D ******** is ridiculous.
King is horrible every week
Multiple missed int oppportunities
Rodgers for throwing bad throws when he could run and move the sticks
And just what in the hell is that taking a sack when in game sealing fg range?
Graham is a liability

TexasCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team truly confuses me. My heart wants the best possible outcome and a run to the Super Bowl - but my head tells me this team may not be ready yet. Just too many gaps that need to be filled and possibly more experience for mlf...We win ugly, that’s not always a sign of a championship team, rather it’s playing bad teams that can’t seal the deal even though we give them opportunities.

studs: Adams, Jones/Williams run combo, Clark and Gary getting to mongoloid Mitch, Lowrys pick

duds: BLAKE MARTINEZ per usual blowing coverage and padding stats as the nfl leader in tackles. He’s trailing every play in the middle of the field. Sick of him.

tramon Williams ( see above minus tackle leader)

I’m all aboard the Aaron Jones train, but I’m getting tired of back to back runs to create 3rd and 6+ yards and the online collapses.

Lack of a good passing game...why didn’t we go after Emmanuel Sanders again? Oh yea money and because MVS or GMO was supposed to be our #2 LOL. But according to some people it’s Aaron Rodgers fault....Rrrriiigggghhhhtttt, it’s our qb, not the wr’s.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That Def of the bears is top 5 correct?
Should score 48 on those chumps.

According to some. Last week Rodgers is a bum for trying to run, and today he had the exact same situation and goes for a 20+ scamper.

But this week his skills are eroding because he took a sack in FG range. But ignore all the dropped passes, 2 by davante, and his strike to kumerow. That’s a tough pass and it was threaded.

anyway, there are obviously things to work on, but I swear there are more than a couple that have more hope for failure than success every single week.

nothing is all great all the time, but some people need a serious dose of perspective.

mans for as “bad” as our offense was against a really good defense, our D couldn’t pick off a QB who was tossing up gifts all day. How half of Mitchs stupid decisions didn’t backfire is what concerns me more. This defense is in position to make a lot more plus than they did today.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That play not only up gave away points. It nearly cost us the contest, which in turn could’ve cost us the Division. Very disappointed in Matt on that one.

Well, LaFleur probably could have stayed on the ground knowing the situation yes. But when you got Rodgers on your team, you should be able to trust that he'll know the situation and know better than to do that. So I put the fault of that on Rodgers as much as anyone. Plus apart from a few games, he's been awful in the 4th quarter this year, something he's going to have to change if we're going to go far in the playoffs.

Good news is so far the Cowboys are doing their job. The Chargers are not though.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should score 48 on those chumps.

According to some. Last week Rodgers is a bum for trying to run, and today he had the exact same situation and goes for a 20+ scamper.

But this week his skills are eroding because he took a sack in FG range. But ignore all the dropped passes, 2 by davante, and his strike to kumerow. That’s a tough pass and it was threaded.

anyway, there are obviously things to work on, but I swear there are more than a couple that have more hope for failure than success every single week.

nothing is all great all the time, but some people need a serious dose of perspective.

mans for as “bad” as our offense was against a really good defense, our D couldn’t pick off a QB who was tossing up gifts all day. How half of Mitchs stupid decisions didn’t backfire is what concerns me more. This defense is in position to make a lot more plus than they did today.
I agree that Rodgers will always take some flack no matter how he plays, but the run that nearly cost us a fumble was truly idiotic. Why would you run it on 3rd and 20 near your own endzone if your name isn't Jackson? Im not willing to give him a dud over it since the weapons he has are DA, Jones, and maybe a teaspoon and a butterknife. But that's about it.

Studs
Kumerow
Adams & Jones came through when we needed them most
Clark
Alexander
Savage
Gary with his 2nd sack!
EDIT: America's Team for leading the RAMS 21-7. Sean Lee for just picking of Goff to set the score up inside the ten to end the second half! Playoffs here we come!

Duds
Allison, can we please get this guy of the field
dito Graham
MVS was a non factor once again
Soft playcalling when taking a big lead, sometimes it really is hard to tell whether MLF or MM is the coach of this team.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was more talking about the run on the TD drive.

but it was 3rd and 20 against a damn good defense and was Adams even on the field anymore?

mall I remember is he was under pressure, I don’t remember seeing an obvious place to go with the ball. Hard to beat a guy up over that in my book

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that Rodgers will always take some flack no matter how he plays, but the run that nearly cost us a fumble was truly idiotic. Why would you run it on 3rd and 20 near your own endzone if your name isn't Jackson? Im not willing to give him a dud over it since the weapons he has are DA, Jones, and maybe a teaspoon and a butterknife. But that's about it.

Studs
Kumerow
Adams & Jones came through when we needed them most
Clark
Alexander
Savage
Gary with his 2nd sack!
EDIT: America's Team for leading the RAMS 21-7.
Rodgers should be treated like every other player and not given the Benefit of the doubt for past performances. You say he has no talent at WR other than Adams and then you give a Stud rating to Kumerow.

Rodgers had a fine game. Should have done better with the MVS drop. Where i would complain about Rodgers is the complaining on the sidelines. Talk to your teammates. Be a leader. Encourage them. Don't throw a fit.

STUDS
Run defense. They really shut down Montgomery all day.

Lowry. Nice pick! Better hands than MVS.

MLF. Thought he had these guys ready to play. Effective game plan.

DUDs

Packer fans who are not happy when we beat the Bears

MVS - I get it, it's really cold, and it wasn't an easy catch. But you have to catch that ball. What's this alligator arms ****?

Members online

Latest posts