Bears @ Packers

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game is the scariest one of the whole season for me. I will make no predictions but cross all fingers and toes while I hold 7, 4 leaf clovers while I watch it.

DamB, where can I get some four leaf clovers now that I think about it !!!

OP
OP
B

BoydAvery

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
This game is the scariest one of the whole season for me. I will make no predictions but cross all fingers and toes while I hold 7, 4 leaf clovers while I watch it.

DamB, where can I get some four leaf clovers now that I think about it !!!

The Packers OL will have to improve fast for this one. Will be watching for line moves on this game.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've mentioned it before that I think it's key to just not mess up early cause I don't think we have to worry about the Bears running away with it but if we turn the ball over early I think we're done. I think it would be huge for Brett to come out opening day and protect the ball and play like he can then everyone who said he should of retired can put a sock in it

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just like any team playing the bears, the game is going to be won by the team that makes fewest mistakes. last year the bears made VERY few mistakes, hope we can make fewer this week. that is why it's gonna be a tough win. i hope Favre and the gang can hold out and be patient long enough for a few scoring opportunities to present themselves. the mental part is hardest when preparing for a grind it out team like Chicago. We can't get antsy or we're fuct.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My prediction - If the Packers can average 4 yards per carry on the ground, we win.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For what it's worth, last night I had a dream where the Packers shocked the NFL by trouncing the Bears in the opening game of the season.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we get good field postion and open the run game like some one said and driver and jennings who they going to keep under thomst driver or jennings to good wepons right there,and if our d-line gves it to the bears which i know they can do we win i sure hope they come out like they want that is a key factor :)

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3 and a half point dogs at home? wow that's like 6 and a half points considering the HFA.

If the run can be effective in key situations(mainly second down) than I think we have a good chance. Converting third downs and keeping drives alive will be key.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
like everyone said. if we make few mistakes we will win.

favre cant throw any interceptions in this game.

i think if we avrage 3.5 yards per carry we will win.

we also need better sp teams coverage

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umair said:
like everyone said. if we make few mistakes we will win.

favre cant throw any interceptions in this game.

i think if we avrage 3.5 yards per carry we will win.

we also need better sp teams coverage

Good thoughts. The punt coverage was lousy against tennessee even for backups. Ryan can kill the ball, but needs to get it higher for a longer period of time. 55 yard averages are wonderful in numbers, but I'd take a 45 yard average with 5 second hangtime any day.

Favre definitely needs to be careful with the football and not panic at any time. McCarthy will have alot to do with this if he does what he says he's going to do and stick to the run early and often. I agree I think 3.5 yards per carry is effective enough to win and we are capable of doing just that....

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to predict a victory, but I just don't see it. We'll keep it close (mostly because the Bears will be starting Rex at QB), but I think a critical turnover late will turn the tide in the Bears' favour. Bears 10 Packers 6.

note- I'll be ecstatic if I'm wrong about this one.

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I gotta say its all on our O-line. If they can open up some hole for Green and give Fave a little time to trow the ball, we win. And also our special teams is gonna have to watch out for that damn Hester returning punts. The Pack hasnt been doing too well on kick and punt coverage.

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Believe it or not, I think the Pack will perform better than their pre season would indicate.
It is at Lambeau.
It is against the Bears.
And it is very important to for the Pack to win this game, as it could set the tone for the season. There is some talent, just need to get cohesive and play as a team. Although many will disagree, the Packers are not Favre, they are a team.
With that said, for the most part Da Bears have a good team. The Pack will definetly have their work cut out.
As many games boil down to.....critical mistakes.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packerfan4ever said:
we get good field postion and open the run game like some one said and driver and jennings who they going to keep under thomst driver or jennings to good wepons right there,and if our d-line gves it to the bears which i know they can do we win i sure hope they come out like they want that is a key factor :)

wtf did you just say? :lol:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
After putting much thought into this.

[align=center]Chicago Bears

Green Bay Packers
10[/align]

:(

I just don't figure how our Packers can topple the Bears. They have something going for them that the Packers don't. Their starting unit has been together one solid full division title winning season more than the Packers.

DaBearsrule4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, i'm talking smack but in all honesty, this game scares me because no game this week is a gimme. I really hope the Bears are not overconfident heading into Lambeau Field.

KEYS TO WINNING THE GAME

1. Establish the running game on offese.
2. Stop the run and pass on defense.
3. BLITZ and force Favre into making mistake after mistake after mistake.

If the Bears can score 17-20 points, I really think we'll win. If we don't get anything going on offense and our defense is getting shoved around like rag dolls early, it's gonna be a long day.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
10-13 might be asking too much for that offense.

One can hope, but as you'll see with my prediction, I have a hard time seeing us scoring even one TD. Any betting men and women out there, I'd take the under in this game.

Members online

Latest posts