Bears new Gard(e)ner?

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Found this on KFFL.

Bears | Team gives Gardner a workout
Wed, 6 Sep 2006 05:27:29 -0700

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Chicago Bears worked out free agent WR Rod Gardner (Packers) Tuesday, Sept. 5. General manager Jerry Angelo and head coach Lovie Smith took a look at what's out there that might help a roster that has not been able to achieve any consistency at wide receiver since training camp opened. Gardner could be the man the Bears choose, and they also could have pumped him for information on the new offense head coach Mike McCarthy has installed as they prepare for the season opener Sunday, Sept. 10, at Lambeau Field. If the Bears sign Gardner before Sunday, his contract would be guaranteed for the season. In a lot of cases, clubs will wait to sign veterans until after the first game so they are not on the hook for termination pay, and one league source indicated that could be what is happening here.

Any opinions?

DaBearsrule4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll take anything that will help the Bears at WR. The only WR in my opinion that is worthy of bying the #2 WR on the Bears is Rasheed Davis.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
I would take Rod Gardner if he comes equipped with a Packer playbook.

Thats what bugs me.....it seems thats the only reason they sign some guys, to try to get inside info. I hope if they DO get him, the Packers change up the plays, so that they can't cheat.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe that the Packers had a Bear OLineman in recently. It happens all the time.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you guys are gonna be 11-5?

oh ur talking about LAST year where you guys jobbed to carolina in the playoffs. that worked out well. But ya won the division! lol.

new year, kiddo

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

oh ur talking about LAST year where you guys jobbed to carolina in the playoffs. that worked out well. But ya won the division! lol.

new year, kiddo

agreed

its a new season and it think the bears are going to get at MOST 10 wins.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The playbook doesn't matter. If you know they have seen it, that is great. Show them one front that they THINK they know and run something else. Let them beat themselves.

DaBearsrule4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

new year, kiddo

New year. a rerun of 2005. :D

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

new year, kiddo

I'm not your f'n kid, Fudgie boy. :wink:

Members online

Latest posts