Bears host Packers to open NFL's 100th season.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Tough way to start the season, but at least we will have a mini bye going into Week 2.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love the early start. You have months to prepare for the big first game and starting earlier means a long rest for week 2. IF we win, an early jump on the division with them having to come to Lambeau later on.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only bad thing is that it's in Chicago. I take that as a bit of an affront, but at least we get them at home later in the season. Maybe we can take them by surprise with our new offense.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love the early start. You have months to prepare for the big first game and starting earlier means a long rest for week 2. IF we win, an early jump on the division with them having to come to Lambeau later on.

There are lots of positives if we win and not many negatives even if we lose. I don't think anyone would give us anything more than a 50/50 chance of beating them in Chicago whenever we play them there and I'm guessing most realistic fans will have that game down as a loss anyway.

1. Get them early when our best OL is healthy (hopefully Bulaga is still active at that point)
2. Beat them down and take charge of the division from day one.
3. Lead from start to finish.
4. Get a bye in round 1
5. Crush Tom Brady in the final game of his career.
6. Bring home our 5th Lombardi.

That's my plan

To be honest though if we get #6 I won't really care what happens before that.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I understand WHY the NFL did this BUT I wish it weren't happening.

Brand new HC, brand new offense - hell, offenses don't usually click right out of training camp.

I'd rather that the Pack didn't OPEN against the Bears in particular. That is too important of a divisional game too early in the coach's new tenure. Week 5 against the Bears would have been great.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sooner I can watch the Pack the better, and gets our stupid Thursday game out of the way WITHOUT a short week. Leggo

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm more than okay with it as long as A-Rod doesn't get himself injured again. Twice he's been injured in games against the Bears (Collarbone & Knee)

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it is great! Would like to block Mack in the first half this game.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think it is great! Would like to block Mack in the first half this game.
How about block him the whole game? Or and not that I wish ill harm to any player, but Mack comes down with a bad case of the stomach flu that day and doesn't suit up. ;)

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im fine with this, lets get it done and dusted.
There are lots of positives if we win and not many negatives even if we lose. I don't think anyone would give us anything more than a 50/50 chance of beating them in Chicago whenever we play them there and I'm guessing most realistic fans will have that game down as a loss anyway.

1. Get them early when our best OL is healthy (hopefully Bulaga is still active at that point)
2. Beat them down and take charge of the division from day one.
3. Lead from start to finish.
4. Get a bye in round 1
5. Crush Tom Brady in the final game of his career.
6. Bring home our 5th Lombardi.

That's my plan

To be honest though if we get #6 I won't really care what happens before that.

Like Sschind pointed out, the potential gains outweigh the losses. If we do lose, the urgency to perform already increases quite soon, hopefully making us more sharp and focussed for the next match with some extra days to prepare and review tape. Just pencil it in as a loss boys, with

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tough way to start the season, but at least we will have a mini bye going into Week 2.

Not to mention we hopefully won't have to worry about playing on a short week the rest of the season. Unless they got us heading to Detroit or Dallas on Thanksgiving or something.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand WHY the NFL did this BUT I wish it weren't happening.

Brand new HC, brand new offense - hell, offenses don't usually click right out of training camp.

I'd rather that the Pack didn't OPEN against the Bears in particular. That is too important of a divisional game too early in the coach's new tenure. Week 5 against the Bears would have been great.

There is no right or wrong time to play anyone, at least after what I saw last year this league isn't quite as simple as that.

If we win, we'll have to remember it's still a long road ahead before Superbowl happens and have to make sure our new offense outlook is legitimate before jumping to conclusions. If we lose, no matter how ugly or bad it looks we gotta remember MLF's predecessor also opened his tenure here with an ugly opening day loss, but then ended up getting it together over the late course of that year and into the next, so .... Yeah, can't really call it sky high or death valley either way.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
road game, on a short week, with rusty starters, versus our biggest rival, on national tv, with our new offense, and our new staff. not good! i wouldn't like this any less if this game were in GB. we needed to start at home, on sunday, at noon, vs den. lol

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
road game, on a short week, with rusty starters, versus our biggest rival, on national tv, with our new offense, and our new staff. not good! i wouldn't like this any less if this game were in GB. we needed to start at home, on sunday, at noon, vs den. lol

Come on man, put on your big boy pants! :laugh:

Members online