Bears Game Matters...Titans not so much...

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We control our own destiny home field advantage wise, BUT I thought we were just one win away...nope.

IF we end up only with matching records with New Orleans yes, but if Seattle wins out and we split...folks we could fall to the #3 seed still:

If Green Bay beats Tennessee but loses to Chicago, it would finish 12-4 and 9-3 in the NFC. New Orleans would be 12-4 and 10-2 and Seattle would be 12-4 and 9-3. In this case, the Saints would get the No. 1 based on the best conference record. Who would be No. 2? With no head-to-head matchup and a tie in NFC games, the next tiebreaker would be common games. Seattle would win that by going 4-0 vs. Minnesota, San Francisco and Philadelphia while Green Bay went 3-1.

As the No. 3 seed, the Packers’ potential first-round matchup would be a rematch against Tampa Bay but at Lambeau Field.
Pulled that quote from https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/packers-path-1

So it would appear, this Tennessee game is irrelevant in any situation with SEA should Seattle end up with four losses as well...

Seattle has the Rams at home this next week, and then finish the year at the 49ers. Not the easiest road to 12-4, BUT not the hardest either.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Rams beat them next week. There isn't a good reason we shouldnt beat the bears anyways.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers lost to the 0-10 Colts back in 1997 before moving on to the Super Bowl. It happens to good teams.

I wonder how much of this was the Jets organization wanting to win, versus a "Major League" scenario where the front office wanted the team to lose but the players were motivated to win regardless.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you know what can hurt worse than not getting the #1 pick, playing to lose.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
true but a W would be massive. think their only win over someone with a record better than 500 is the saints. lost the other two. they don't want to open the door for the saints either.

It is only irrelevant when it comes to getting #1 seed for sure. Lot of other items at play to prove. Honestly, we need to make it a last possession game or win - I'd hate losing a close game but it would be a solid sign of we belong with the good teams.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Titans will probably rush for 400 yards and injure some of our defense in the process. Our defense is going to have nightmares all week watching Henry highlights. This is the matchup I have been dreading all season. The team has had all season to prepare for this, lets see what Pettine has come up with. Lafleur knows him well. But I have major doubts that Henry can be stopped.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another way to look at it is if we beat the Titans and the Rams beat the Seahawks we clinch number one seed

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
This was the reason I was hoping the Vikings would beat the Bears yesterday, I think a loss would have all but eliminated them by the time we play them. Now they have a 45% chance of making the playoffs and with a win next week and an Arizona loss (play 49'ers), that goes up.

Obviously we just need to focus on beating the Titans for now and see where things are for that final game against the Bears. However, I think that game in Chicago could be one that the Bears come out with more motivation than just beating their division rivals, it will be one that determines their playoff future.

What Bears Need to Happen to Make NFL Playoffs – NBC Chicago

Fun note with the Bear-Viking game yesterday, if you were watching, yes you did hear Viking rookie WR Jefferson cuss out Cousins. :roflmao:

NFL: Vikings rookie Justin Jefferson loudly cusses out Kirk Cousins (yahoo.com)

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was the reason I was hoping the Vikings would beat the Bears yesterday, I think a loss would have all but eliminated them by the time we play them. Now they have a 45% chance of making the playoffs and with a win next week and an Arizona loss (play 49'ers), that goes up.

Obviously we just need to focus on beating the Titans for now and see where things are for that final game against the Bears. However, I think that game in Chicago could be one that the Bears come out with more motivation than just beating their division rivals, it will be one that determines their playoff future.

What Bears Need to Happen to Make NFL Playoffs – NBC Chicago

Fun note with the Bear-Viking game yesterday, if you were watching, yes you did hear Viking rookie WR Jefferson cuss out Cousins. :roflmao:

NFL: Vikings rookie Justin Jefferson loudly cusses out Kirk Cousins (yahoo.com)
While I think it’s funny because it’s the Vikings.... It makes me think that maybe I’m not so jealous that the Vikings got him. Yes he’s talented, but any rookie with the temerity to openly cuss out the team’s starting QB is a guy with a strong potential to be another me first locker room cancer down the road.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The Titans will probably rush for 400 yards and injure some of our defense in the process. Our defense is going to have nightmares all week watching Henry highlights. This is the matchup I have been dreading all season. The team has had all season to prepare for this, lets see what Pettine has come up with. Lafleur knows him well. But I have major doubts that Henry can be stopped.
Great input Captain Optimistic. [/sarcasm]

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
While I think it’s funny because it’s the Vikings.... It makes me think that maybe I’m not so jealous that the Vikings got him. Yes he’s talented, but any rookie with the temerity to openly cuss out the team’s starting QB is a guy with a strong potential to be another me first locker room cancer down the road.

Agreed. I almost gave you a creative rating for slipping the word "temerity" in there.

Wait until Jefferson's contract is up for negotiations. If he doesn't mature between now and then, he will want a kings ransom and to be traded to a winning team to boot.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. I almost gave you a creative rating for slipping the word "temerity" in there.

Wait until Jefferson's contract is up for negotiations. If he doesn't mature between now and then, he will want a kings ransom and to be traded to a winning team to boot.
sorry wasn’t trying to be too intellectual.... just seemed like the right word lol.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Does anyone think the Jags give the Bears any sort of fight next game? They battled the Packers hard. They lost to MN by 3 and the Browns by 2 just recently. Sure, they got walloped the last couple weeks, but they have at least challenged some tough teams. The game is in Jacksonville. Not sure that matters. Here's to hoping that the Bears overlooked the Jags and are looking ahead to the Packer game.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Does anyone think the Jags give the Bears any sort of fight next game? They battled the Packers hard. They lost to MN by 3 and the Browns by 2 just recently. Sure, they got walloped the last couple weeks, but they have at least challenged some tough teams. The game is in Jacksonville. Not sure that matters. Here's to hoping that the Bears overlooked the Jags and are looking ahead to the Packer game.

The Jaguars are 1-13 and just leapt over the pathetic Jets in the Trevor Lawrence Sweepstakes. They won't do anything stupid to risk losing out on what could be one of the best QB's in the draft in a few years.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We control our own destiny home field advantage wise, BUT I thought we were just one win away...nope.

IF we end up only with matching records with New Orleans yes, but if Seattle wins out and we split...folks we could fall to the #3 seed still:

Pulled that quote from https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/packers-path-1

So it would appear, this Tennessee game is irrelevant in any situation with SEA should Seattle end up with four losses as well...

Seattle has the Rams at home this next week, and then finish the year at the 49ers. Not the easiest road to 12-4, BUT not the hardest either.

I agree with some of this. I agree that the rivalry game matters more than the game against the AFC team.

What I disagree with is this: If this defense can do to Henry what it did to Barry Sanders in '94 (7 rushes -2 yards) it would be a statement game and a confidence builder, AND it would scare the holy hell out of every other team in the league who has to go to Lambeau in January, and or face them in the Superbowl.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with some of this. I agree that the rivalry game matters more than the game against the AFC team.

What I disagree with is this: If this defense can do to Henry what it did to Barry Sanders in '94 (7 rushes -2 yards) it would be a statement game and a confidence builder, AND it would scare the holy hell out of every other team in the league who has to go to Lambeau in January, and or face them in the Superbowl.

I was speaking solely to our seeding it is irrelevant. It could send a HUGE statement for sure.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was speaking solely to our seeding it is irrelevant. It could send a HUGE statement for sure.

Its only irrelevant if you're assuming the Seahawks win their final two.

As of right now a win opens up the possibility of having the 1 seed locked up with a week to go. That could change by kickoff but as of right now it isnt irrelevant

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Jaguars are 1-13 and just leapt over the pathetic Jets in the Trevor Lawrence Sweepstakes. They won't do anything stupid to risk losing out on what could be one of the best QB's in the draft in a few years.

I don't know about that. The Jets did it yesterday.

jon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hoping the players and coaches forget about who's 2nd seed and ignore every other match up and simply focus 100% on putting it all together when it matters most.

Hold a good Titan offense to 24, get 4 quarters of offense and 35 points, forget the Titans immediately, and move forward as they take of business.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't know about that. The Jets did it yesterday.

That's why I added the word "stupid" ;) Nobody has ever accused the Jets organization of being smart.

The media is lit about the "win" and I am sure Jaguar fans are rejoicing.

The Jets can't even win at losing! - Stephen A. & Max react to the Rams' upset | First Take - YouTube

Rich Eisen is a huge Jets fan, so this one was pretty hilarious.

“I Need Therapy” - Rich Eisen Reacts to the Jets Win & Possibly Losing Trevor Lawrence | 12/21/20 - YouTube

Last edited:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm calling that Trevor Lawrence dude the biggest QB bust in NFL history coming up.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts