Bears Fan Here Wishing You Good Luck

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Actually, you're wrong, don't jump the on the bus that the media offered to you. Coach Lovie is the one who took him out and wouldn't let him back in. Also what good is a quaterback who cant plant his back foot to throw? Hanie said Cutler was also talking to him after each drive but you didn't see it because the media didn't show you that.
Cutler actually suffered a Grade II MCL tear in his knee. Picture a thick rope. Then think about what would happen if that rope were pulled so hard that the fibers stretched and began to tear. Now imagine that rope is inside your knee.

Yep, that would hurt.

I watched the game and I didn't see it, so no it's not just the media, can't blame it on them. They showed Cutler on the sidelines over and over doing nothing but sitting there.
When you see Drew Brees on the sidelines, he's always looking at pictures, got something in his hands trying to do something to improve. As does Rodgers, and Peyton Manning.

Romo came back into a game with a punctured lung and cracked rib, cause he wanted to win. Just like Steve Young who returned to a game after a concussion and won it. I can't buy the Cutler stories for defense at one bit after the things I've seen. Did you see how bad the Saints tore Favre's ankle and knee up in the championship game? He came right back cause he was their only chance in hell of winning. It's not really just about being tough, it's more of wanting to win. You couldn't bench Steve Young, even when he was rattled up he still would get back out there if he could.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After watching hanie for some time now, he is no where near as good as cutler. He'll always be a back up
Y0ur probably right.
I am just basing my opinion on only one game.
And in that game, Cutler was having a bad day while Hanie was having a better one.
It reminds me of the Cowboys game when Favre had to come out and Rodgers had to go in. Giving us our first look at Rodgers.
Rodgers did good just like Hanie despite the loss.
So you give him time and coaching and he could be a great QB. Maybe even better than Cutler.
To echo what Bogart wrote up there, to me Hanie just looked more like a leader who wanted to win while Cutler looked deflated and wanted to go home.

OP
OP
ChicagoBear

ChicagoBear

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Y0ur probably right.
I am just basing my opinion on only one game.
And in that game, Cutler was having a bad day while Hanie was having a better one.
It reminds me of the Cowboys game when Favre had to come out and Rodgers had to go in. Giving us our first look at Rodgers.
Rodgers did good just like Hanie despite the loss.
So you give him time and coaching and he could be a great QB. Maybe even better than Cutler.
To echo what Bogart wrote up there, to me Hanie just looked more like a leader who wanted to win while Cutler looked deflated and wanted to go home.

I hope so, Martz is also developing nathan enderle seeing as he went to go see him himself at idaho

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers pretty much sucks against the bears compared to how he plays against most other teams. I am sure I will take a little heat for saying it, but I feel its true.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers pretty much sucks against the bears compared to how he plays against most other teams. I am sure I will take a little heat for saying it, but I feel its true.
No heat from me.
I respect your observations.
I just hope he's better on Sunday than he has been before.
Well, either him or the defense or both.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

You are just being honest and you don't sugar coat things, never be afraid to say how you feel. I always respect your views. The Bears always seem to give us a hard time, I'll even extend that to the rest of the team, not just Rodgers. Now they can throw tomatoes at me too! :)

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I don’t have any doubt Cutler was hurt in the NFCC game. After that game I remember a Chicago sports columnist calculated the number of times Cutler was hit (not just sacked) since coming to Chicago, including pre season games, and although I don’t remember the number, it was a ton. He was sacked over 50 times just in the last regular season. I don’t question his toughness – its easy “taking” those hits sitting on my couch – but if I were a Bears fan (SHUDDER) I’d worry about two things: First Cutler’s accuracy and the GM. In four regular seasons of starting, Cutler hasn’t completed even 64% of his passes in a season. His INT percentage has never been lower than 2.9% in a season and its been as high as 4.7%. I would also worry about Cutler’s desire to be a champion but that’s impossible to quantify.

IMO GM Angelo has shown an inability to draft well. And even regarding free agency, after acquiring what he believes is his franchise QB, he’s neglected the task of providing him with an adequate OL and WRs. Yes he drafted Carimi but he let Kreutz walk for NFL peanuts. (Kreutz looked better than any Bears OL last week.) Where is their stud LT? Playing LG – Williams was the 14th overall pick of the 2008 draft. (A little perspective for Packers fans who used to be disappointed in Daryn Colledge.) And look who mans their number one WR spot: Devin Hester is a HOF returner but he is by no means a number one WR and I think its safe to say he never will be. Poor Matt Forte, too much of the burden on offense is on him.

And what do the Bears get in return for this offensive neglect? Unfortunately for us Packers fans, a damn good defense which plays the Packers tougher than any other and very good special teams play. I hate to admit it, but I’ve gotta give it to Lovie: He got the Packers/Bears rivalry from the moment he arrived in Chicago. And IMO he’s ridden a play great defense, create turnovers, and get big plays on STs a lot farther than I would have thought possible. He got 'em to a Super Bowl and NFCC game. And in spite of my criticism, Angelo can make that claim, too. But because of the way he coaches, my guess is Cutler’s INTs just kill Lovie, no matter who - Martz, Cutler, the OL, or receivers - is most at fault.

I do think even pros get jacked up to play certain games more than others and, no matter what is said publically, I expect the Bears to have more than usual motivation for this game. The Packers did indeed go into their house and took their chance for a Super Bowl appearance back to Green Bay. Then rubbed it in by winning their second title since the Bears won their last one. But motivation only goes so far. I hope and expect the Packers superior talent on offense will win out. But it’ll be a dog fight. It always is.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You might say he doesn't play as well against the Bears but lets count a few new developments into the equation:

1) He is coming off of a Super Bowl victory

2) He was the MVP of SB XLV

3) He beat the Bears when it mattered most last season, and finally

4) This is a new season and Aaron is looking super sharp thus far.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Bears fan comes back, I'm not gonna rub it in.
I'll be respectful because he was. And that is to be appreciated.

I think the Bears played as well as they could.
They always give the Packers a tough game.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys lost, but not by much. You didn't get blown out so don't feel so bad and you made the game interested. More like nerve wracking. The Packers never seem to have an easy time beating the Bears. Take care for your season and we'll play you again sooner than either of us wishes!

Members online

Latest posts