Bears didnt want the Pack in the playoffs

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DD is the man. Hopefully the Packers continue to win against good teams because thats all there is left. The team that would scare me the most is Seattle, being that we can't win games we should easily win.. (sarcasm, kinda)

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DD needs to play like DD. Can't have him fumbling in key games, like he did yesterday or against AZ in the playoffs.

We need you, DD, if we want to advance. Be the old reliable you almost always are.

And, yes, most team fear us, but most teams know we're madly inconsistent, and that we tend to shoot ourselves in the foot.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get it.
Why would the Bears want the Packers to make the playoffs any year?
Do the Packers or their fans ever want the Bears to make the playoffs?
Ever?
You are reading too much into this.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well someone apparantly forgot to tell Cutler the plan was to beat the Packers.:chisux:

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get it.
Ever?

Agree with this. I would rather see any team make the playoffs other than the Bears. They weren't saying it because they were scared of us, they were saying it simply because like us, we would enjoy having the Bears watch the playoffs from their couches.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get it.
Ever?
I wanted last year's bears to be in the playoffs. They would've been an easier opponent than AZ, NO and MN.

I didn't want them in the playoffs now. I hate your D. Your O may give us the game, they're dangerous but we're more than capable of beating you.

Your cover 2 D is the worst matchup to us there is.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
You don't want to see any division rival in the playoffs. Bears were going all out to keep the Pack out. Which now some Bears fans are trying to excuse away as a non-meaningful game. Nope, that was a meaningful game. To the Fans, to the rivalry, to the players, to Lovie Smith who got the Job with his #1 goal to beat the packers, for MM/TT etc... Lovie didn't have the luxury of letting the Packers roll in uncontested. Because if the Packers did come back and beat his Bears at home in the Championship game, he would lose his job.

Any playoff team is dangerous now in the era of parity in the NFL. Driver needs to learn how not to fumble in big games for Christ sake. The way the offense struggled the last game against the Bears, the Bears are the last team I want to see again in the Playoffs. I'm sure they feel the same way.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Bears were going all out to keep the pack out. Which now some bears fans are trying to excuse away as a non-meaningful game. Nope, that was a meaningful game..

bingo

Just proves that the Bears DID play their hardest to beat the Pack

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
The Bears showed up, and lost. Imagine, how that is a blow to them coming into the playoffs. They have more than a week sitting on the fact that the game their coach deemed as most important. And they couldn't do it, and had their QB throw the game for them. They saw their biggest threat taken out of the game. The Bears got hurt bad.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heart DD!!!

Of course they didn't want us to get in the playoffs!!! Why the hell do you think they would risk playing their starters? They knew they would need their starers to stand a chance at beating us and they still failed to do it. A lot of other teams didn't want us in the playoffs any more than the Bears did. The Packers have a very good team right now, they fear us. I say be afraid, be very afraid!!!!

Go Pack!!!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, the let Cutler get sacked 6 times because it was a meaningless game. Uh-huh....righhhhhhht.

Personally, I believe Lovie used the Packers game as a tune up game for the bears for when it really starts for em. Basically to let them know that they aren't as good as they think and they better get ready to play in 2 weeks.

Bears definitely have the high road with a week off, but that doesn't make em unbeatable assuming we got that far. Best to take it one game at a time an forget the bears for now.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I don't get it.
Ever?
Not at all, you're reading far to little into this. If you believe it's a division rivalry at stake you have to weigh to decide on this:
1. They play to win to beat a division rival as sworn by Lovie Smith.
2. They play to win to defeat an opponent they might have to face later.
It's both right? They played to win and they lost, proving that the Packers were their better. It stings to the highest degree in Chicago, they know it, they feel it. We know it, we feel it.
They let Culter in while we decimated their line and him, if you don't think this meant anything to the Blares you're nuts.
If you can honestly tell me why you think the Boars are a better team this is the time to lay it down. We beat them, ugly? yes. But a victory. Bears/Packers are always ugly. We are a superior team than the NFC North champs.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
bingo

Just proves that the Bears DID play their hardest to beat the Pack

Yup. I'm getting tired of people saying the Bears weren't really playing in that game. A total stranger who saw my Packers coat in a checkout line today told me the same thing. "The Packers won because the Bears weren't really playing." When I told him the Bears don't have much of an offensive line, he said again, "Their line wasn't really playing."

Now if someone tells me the Eagles weren't really playing last week, I would believe them because they had a bunch of scrubs in the game. But the Bears played their starters the whole game. Cutler, though he continued to take a pounding, played the whole game.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yup. I'm getting tired of people saying the Bears weren't really playing in that game. A total stranger who saw my Packers coat in a checkout line today told me the same thing. "The Packers won because the Bears weren't really playing." When I told him the Bears don't have much of an offensive line, he said again, "Their line wasn't really playing."

Now if someone tells me the Eagles weren't really playing last week, I would believe them because they had a bunch of scrubs in the game. But the Bears played their starters the whole game. Cutler, though he continued to take a pounding, played the whole game.

"Don't confuse them with the facts, they know what they believe!"

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Sterling Sharpe gave the Bears "play of the week" for playing their starers all game

He also said that will help the team and he is saying that will make the Bears better for it and be in the SB

Sterling!!!!!

How could you!

Valhalla Express

SKOL VIKINGS!
Reaction score
The Packers are the dark horse in the playoffs that will end up biting you in the butt. As long as your defense can keep pressure on the opposing QB and your special teams allows you decent starting field position, you will more than likely win the game, on the road or not. Putting it plain and simple, other teams did NOT want to see Green Bay in the playoffs. They are too damned dangerous.

~Val

Members online

Latest posts