Bears did NOTHING, Packers handed them the game

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
They played a poor game and still won. That says more than winning only when everything is going your way.

I think your comments about the qb are valid. Look at how MM's productivity has fallen since Carolina! Did he suddenly become a crappy receiver? Doubt it!

Not really Orton's fault, but they do need someone better back there. Fortunatly from a Bear's perspective, they have time to fill that hole since most of their d is signed for a few years.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[quote="Philtration]The good teams in the NFL take their opportunities and capitalize on them. The good teams in the NFL win games even when they don't play well. The good teams in the NFL don't obsess over game stats and only care about the one number that really matters..... the final score :roll:[/quote]

Phil you make some valid points. However, the pick Brett threw at the end of the first half was nothing but a poor judgement on the part of Brett. He should have taken the sack and brought out Longwell for the FG. That was in essence a "gift" as it allowed the Bears' defense to stop the drive dead on what seemed to be a guaranteed scoring oppertunity for the Pack. The second pick made by Vasher was all Chicago. He read that play and seemed to be moving on the pass before Driver knew the ball was coming his way.

As this was the first time I have watched Chicago play this season, I must say your defense is on top of their game. I was actually surprised the Pack did as well as they did against them offensively. However, if you hope to make it very deep into the playoffs, I do not think Orton will take you there... Then again, Dilfer won the SB for Baltimore a few years back with a much more ****-poor offense than Chi has.

As much as I hate to say it, your Bears managed to capitalize on the Packs mistakes and win the game. Ultimately, that really is the only thing that matters.

GO PACK!

Robert C. Hedley

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
[quote="Philtration]The good teams in the NFL take their opportunities and capitalize on them. The good teams in the NFL win games even when they don't play well. The good teams in the NFL don't obsess over game stats and only care about the one number that really matters..... the final score :roll:

Phil you make some valid points. However, the pick Brett threw at the end of the first half was nothing but a poor judgement on the part of Brett. He should have taken the sack and brought out Longwell for the FG. That was in essence a "gift" as it allowed the Bears' defense to stop the drive dead on what seemed to be a guaranteed scoring oppertunity for the Pack. The second pick made by Vasher was all Chicago. He read that play and seemed to be moving on the pass before Driver knew the ball was coming his way.

As this was the first time I have watched Chicago play this season, I must say your defense is on top of their game. I was actually surprised the Pack did as well as they did against them offensively. However, if you hope to make it very deep into the playoffs, I do not think Orton will take you there... Then again, Dilfer won the SB for Baltimore a few years back with a much more ****-poor offense than Chi has.

As much as I hate to say it, your Bears managed to capitalize on the Packs mistakes and win the game. Ultimately, that really is the only thing that matters.

GO PACK!

Robert C. Hedley[/quote]

I agree. The end zone pick should have never been thrown but Favre has done that for his entire career. I don't think the defense played that well because they gave up too many yards. Farve did a good job of getting rid of the ball quickly and that set up a few nice slants for the Packers. It also opened it up a little for their running game. I did not look it up but that had to be the most yardage they have given up this season.
Orton may be a good QB in the future but he is obviously a rookie and they can't expect this kind of offense in the playoffs. The running game is fine but you can't let the other team just stack everyone in the box and ignore your passing game. They have been fortunate to jump out to early leads in just about every game this year and I would hate to see them trying to come back from 14 down.
I actually expect the defense to score when they come on the field more than the offense and it comes true week after week

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sixone220. I agree with you wholeheartedly. We also live in MN and the fans here are becoming quite obnoxious now that the queens are winning. In the beginning, you hardly heard a word; now it's they're on their way to the Super Bowl. Oh well. Let them talk. They'll never make it. They'll choke as usual. (I hope!)

Members online