1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bears did NOTHING, Packers handed them the game

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by cheesey, Dec 4, 2005.

1. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Once again.....the Pack handed the game to the opposition. Been happeneing this whole season. The Packers GAVE the game to them. All the opposing team has to do is wait for Packer mistakes......and the game is over. Well.........first pick in the draft is theirs.......all they have to do is continue the way they have all season. Hopefully it won't be another Tony Manderich.

2. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    the Bears will win the Superbowl! No doubt!

3. yourout

yourout Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Gave it to them on a big *** silver platter.

4. wischeez

wischeez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Dream-on CurlyBear..... You haven't played the Colts yet! I agree cheesey, they give the games away without a fight. It's sad, but true.

5. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually, Houston's doing a good job of protecting their 1st overall pick. Last second FG loss to Baltimore. Houston kicked a FG with 1:08 remaining to go up by 2 points. Kyle Boller than led Baltimore 67 yards in 1:02. Kyle Boller is not Joe Montana. It's almost like Houston's doing it on purpose.

6. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well the worst part is now their season points given up is more than their points scored. I hate it when that happens.

7. Lare

Lare Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Probably something to be expected for a 2-10 team.

8. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    you guys are right. The Packers put up almost 400 yards on them, doubling their total. The Bears d is more capable of moving the ball down the field than their offense, so if not for those 2 picks, they probably only score 9 points today.

9. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That would be an interesting match up. The Bears D against the Colts O. Who do you think would win?

I'd say if it was in Chicago in late December/early January the Bears would win, but in a neutral location (or Indianapolis) the Colts would win.

10. big3

big3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I hate to say it, but no one gives the game to the bears. Their defense takes it away. They are that good, defensively anyway.

11. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Why not write a letter to the league commissioner and demand that the Packers record be changed to 16-0 right now. They never actually lose a game and have only given them away as "Gifts" or they get cheated by a bad call or something. While were at it, just crown them as champs for this season right now and maybe even for next season as well.
    Favre throws a pick and it was another "gift" to the other team.
    Their opponent’s QB throws a pick and it was a great heads up play by Jim Bates defense of the future!

The good teams in the NFL take their opportunities and capitalize on them. The good teams in the NFL win games even when they don't play well. The good teams in the NFL don't obsess over game stats and only care about the one number that really matters..... the final score.
    :roll:

12. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    And win 9-7

13. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

The Packers were on the 2 (?) when Brett threw that pick. I would hope Longwell would make that fg putting the Pack up 10-9.

W/ that said, I shouldn't have brought this up because I hate the what if game.

14. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    If Brett makes better throws he slices up the Bears D. Even a rookie named Gado got 75 yards on them.

15. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    i mean, orton didnt even...or barely broke 100 yards passing, didnt check yet...but ridiculous

16. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    The Bears were inside the Packers 5 twice including 1st and goal from the 3 and came away with field goals instead of TDs both times so the score could have been a lot more one sided than it was. If they just punch the ball in they win 27-7

17. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess the Bears are just lucky then because for six weeks in a row their opponents have "given" them the game. It's funny how that always happens to teams with great defenses.

18. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I knew I shouldn't bring this up because you can if and but things to death.

One of the Bears possessions inside of the 5 was only because of Brett's decision to float one in the air at the end of the first half.

The Pack were inside of the 5 more often than the Bears, I believe

19. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Actually it is the rest of the league that is lucky. Lucky that Jerry Angelo was too stupid to sign Brad Johnson or Kurt Warner when he had the chance during the off-season. If the Bears had either one of these guys at QB right now would they not be the team to beat in the NFC by far?
    Hell, I say play Jeff Blake and you score at least one TD a game from the offense.

20. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    they wont go that far.

21. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Phil: I'm not sure about Warner (I don't think his style would've suited the Bears), but Brad Johnson would've been a godsend for this team. And Angelo knew the backup QB situation was very weak going into the season.

With Orton, the Bears can certainly get by in the regular season, but I don't think he can get them very deep into the postseason. Anyway, congratulations for having such a good team this year. Lovie is doing a heckuva job.

22. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    I agree. I don't blame Orton at all. It is not his fault and he is still better than Hutchinson or Quinn. Those two losers cost the Bears at least 3 games last season and that is why I knew that the Bears would be a better team this year. He is not losing any games for them but he is not doing much to win them either. That won't fly when it's the playoffs.

23. ArizonaPackerFan

ArizonaPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Bears beat the Pack, but I can't say the Bears impressed me much. If the Bears are the elite of the division, I don't think it will take that much to catch them in the off season.

24. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    They played a poor game and still won. That says more than winning only when everything is going your way.

25. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    i'd rather see the bears win the division than the vikings. i hate the bears but it's much more tolerable living in mn if chicago wins. i only gotta hear it from one guy instead of 50. i got to see the awesome mn-det matchup instead of gb-chi but brett's 2 ints did look like "gifts". even if brett did give away one at the end of the half, they still had to return it to fg range. that's brett tho. if he tosses that ball up while getting buried and fergy comes down with it, it's vintage brett. the way it was, well, it was also vintage brett. gotta take the good with the bad.