Bear Great Doug Buffone Passes

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am a cheesehead through and through, but I still feel compelled to acknowledge the passing of one of the true "Monsters of the Midway", Doug Buffone. A fierce opponent, Buffone played in that era where pride meant everything, and he always gave the Pack all that they could handle. He was a Bear till the end, providing commentary on Chicago's sports radio. Even as a Packer fan, I was saddened to learn of his passing. He always left everything he had on the field.

I've always thought our rivalry with the Bears was the best in football, and guys like Buffone are part of the reason why.

Prayers and well-wishes to his family.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I will miss the unintentional comedy provided by Buffone and his co-host on Bears post-game radio O’Bradovich. They were old school to the max and blatantly politically incorrect. I’ll never forget Doug ranting and Ed yelling “We're the tomata can!, We’re the tomata can!” The post-game show won’t be the same. RIP Doug, you provided a lot of laughs for this Packers fan.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Big Doug was the perfect Chicago guy (even though he was from Pennsylvania). His post-game radio shows were hilarious. He combined the role of analyst, fan and former player perfectly. Besides all of that, he told the best stories. The man lived the fullest life a person could live.

RIP Big Doug. I will miss you on the radio.

Latest posts