Be honest, some of you questioned his toughness to.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have ZERO faith in this defense. Crosby? well he needs to be shown the door after the season as well. How can a guy that kick'd at Colorado be so bad in inclimate weather? see ya.
Looks Philly needs to get rid of that Alex Henery guy too. :rolleyes:

Just a question... do you EVER have anything positive to say or do you only have ***** and moan mode?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I don't question his toughness. Not for a minute. Now, I've never had a fractured collarbone. I did have a deep hard bruise on my sternum caused by the two collarbones being compressed so hard and quickly that the bones literally rubbed together. Had a great big fat O.T. come down on top of me. I couldn't lift my arms any higher than my shoulders and had to have both arms harnessed. AND I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO DIE EVERY TIME I MOVED IT.

Bear in mind, I was a MLB in a 5-3 ... not a QB whose every upper body motion is impacted by the throwing motion. A QB who can't throw shouldn't be playing...and...the fact that this is our franchise we're talking about ... I don't want him out there.

I remember the year Favre played with a broken thumb - I can still see the play where he hit the thumb on the guys helmet. No doubt it hurt badly...and no doubt it takes a lot of heart...and no doubt that he had difficulty gripping the ball. I would offer my opinion and my opinion alone ... I often thought that Brett would play even to the detriment of the team when he was hurt....and a lot of those passes in the "thumb year" sailed - I don't mean that to sound like a slam ... just sayin'. In the same way I would not question Rodger's toughness, I'm not about to compare him to Favre or vice versa.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I absolutely love Aaron Rodgers. I think he's got 2 to 3 more SB wins in his future (i pray) and will go down as the greatest Packer qb ever but i questioned his toughness. He suffered an injury and i don't take it likely but he never had any type of surgery, never had a sling or anything on....he looked like a guy with a lower body injury standing on the sidelines if you didn't know the extent of his injury. I absolutely hated Brent Farse at times and questioned his decision making but i NEVER questioned the guy's toughness...EVER. I don't know the extent of the injury but i think rodgers should pad that shoulder up, take a shot to numb it and give it a go...we are in crisis mode right now and need our leader. Maybe it's just me but that's how i feel.
Which one did commercials for jeans?
And which one is now doing commercials for Ford Trucks?
I rest my case.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For a moment there I thought I was over on Da Bears forum and we were questioning the toughness of Jay Cutler.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a question... do you EVER have anything positive to say or do you only have ***** and moan mode?
Really?
How can you, or anyone, blame a Packers fan for being down on the team where they are at right now?
Rodgers out for who knows how much longer.
Defense sucks.
We are losing games that we should have won.
I want this team to win, but it is so damn hard to have any faith right now when I did before but then it all goes to pot because the Packers are a big let down right now.
I'm picking the Giants to win.

Hjalmar Davidson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't question AR's toughness at all. If I'm not mistaken he is the highest paid player in the NFL. The team has a substantial investment in him and they need to be smart about it. You don't risk a player of his caliber's future for a couple games. Frankly, if we cant win a game or two without him then we arent a contender anyway.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really?
How can you, or anyone, blame a Packers fan for being down on the team where they are at right now?
How can you, or anyone, blame a Packers fan for being sick of the constant "cut this guy, fire that guy" mentality that comes from the sky-is-falling Chicken Little types that go into negativity overdrive at the first moment of adversity? Things are usually not as good as they seem nor are they generally as bad as they seem at any given time.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
I don't question AR's toughness at all. If I'm not mistaken he is the highest paid player in the NFL. The team has a substantial investment in him and they need to be smart about it. You don't risk a player of his caliber's future for a couple games. Frankly, if we cant win a game or two without him then we arent a contender anyway.

Bingo! Questioning the toughness of a player that on a weekly basis takes the field where 260# linebackers & 300+ pound lineman are trying to drive him into the turf makes no sense. Also, as pointed out, the Packers are not going to clear the franchise player until the risk of aggravating the injury is minimal. Would you risk $54M (Rodgers Guaranteed) for a quick fix if there was a chance of serious injury?

H

HardRightEdge

I absolutely love Aaron Rodgers. I think he's got 2 to 3 more SB wins in his future (i pray) and will go down as the greatest Packer qb ever but i questioned his toughness. He suffered an injury and i don't take it likely but he never had any type of surgery, never had a sling or anything on....he looked like a guy with a lower body injury standing on the sidelines if you didn't know the extent of his injury. I absolutely hated Brent Farse at times and questioned his decision making but i NEVER questioned the guy's toughness...EVER. I don't know the extent of the injury but i think rodgers should pad that shoulder up, take a shot to numb it and give it a go...we are in crisis mode right now and need our leader. Maybe it's just me but that's how i feel.

Dude...the x-rays show a broken bone. So, lets slap a vest on him, mess with his mechanics, and injure his arm. Unthinkable. Rodgers is the only thing separating this team from contention and the sub-500 wasteland out as far as the eye can see.

While we're at it, does somebody again wish to question his leadership, quoting a guy who skips out on training camp to dance on TV for money?

Defense92

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree about numbing it up and playing hurt, but this may be more precautionary as playing on a fresh injury of this magnitude could make it worse. As far as Favre goes, during the game I told my wife, "Nothing against Aaron, I love the guy and he's tough, but Favre probably would have come back out and played through it," and she agreed. That doesn't say anything about Aaron's toughness as that is just the way Favre was and regarding toughness, he was one of a kind, almost insane with his toughness.

Another thing about Favre, I didn't mind as much when he went to the Jets to finish his career as they are in a different conference and division, even though I despise the Jets. I don't despise them as much as our divisional rivals. This also gave Aaron the chance to start and look what happened. I despise the fact Favre went to the Vikings, though. It hurt badly. I felt betrayed. However, now it seems it is time to forgive as he will be remembered as a Packer. His Packers number will most likely be retired and currently, I believe, 4 for the Vikings and Jets are kickers. Anyway, Favre will also most likely go into the HOF as a Packer. Even Aaron at an award banquet last year said it is time for reconciliation.

I don't agree with legends from these teams playing for rivals at the end of a long career, but it happens. Steve McMichael played for the Packers and Jim McMahon played for the Vikings and the Packers.

Defense92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He played with a broken foot...

He has been playing with a knee issue that seems to have healed its self...(this was reported on WSSP a few weeks ago..Recall he seemed to missing guys or not himself? )

A broken collar bone if not healed right can crack more and puncture a lung..

So take that how ever you want to in regards to toughness

I agree. The guy is tough and this is probably more precautionary.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree about numbing it up and playing hurt, but this may be more precautionary as playing on a fresh injury of this magnitude could make it worse. As far as Favre goes, during the game I told my wife, "Nothing against Aaron, I love the guy and he's tough, but Favre probably would have come back out and played through it," and she agreed.

No, he wouldn't have because its simply not possible to play football with a broken clavicle without incurring further (and possibly life-threatening) injury. And the only thing strong enough to dull the intense pain would be ****** derivatives. Like I said before, if you can find me a single athlete that has started a game with a broken clavicle, I'd love to see it.

Defense92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, he wouldn't have because its simply not possible to play football with a broken clavicle without incurring further (and possibly life-threatening) injury. And the only thing strong enough to dull the intense pain would be ****** derivatives. Like I said before, if you can find me a single athlete that has started a game with a broken clavicle, I'd love to see it.

Yeah, I agree now, but at the time I said this was during the game and I didn't yet know the extent of the injury. With a broken, clavicle, I don't believe anyone would play.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BTW, if he comes back next week against Minny or the following week against the Lions (On a short week) this all goes out the window, as far as wondering how "tough" he is.

Dude's got my respect at this point regardless...

How long did it take Woodson to return last year? Anyone want to question how tough Charles Woodson was/is?