Be honest, some of you questioned his toughness to.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I absolutely love Aaron Rodgers. I think he's got 2 to 3 more SB wins in his future (i pray) and will go down as the greatest Packer qb ever but i questioned his toughness. He suffered an injury and i don't take it likely but he never had any type of surgery, never had a sling or anything on....he looked like a guy with a lower body injury standing on the sidelines if you didn't know the extent of his injury. I absolutely hated Brent Farse at times and questioned his decision making but i NEVER questioned the guy's toughness...EVER. I don't know the extent of the injury but i think rodgers should pad that shoulder up, take a shot to numb it and give it a go...we are in crisis mode right now and need our leader. Maybe it's just me but that's how i feel.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
NO WAY I could/would question his toughness. The guy has done nothing but take a hell of a beating with getting sacked and hit after the pass for years now. He has been more than durable compared to others. With what he has accomplished given his consistantly suspect O lines he had to deal with.....He is the man!!! ....and always will be. No questions on toughness from this guy.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He played with a broken foot...

He has been playing with a knee issue that seems to have healed its self...(this was reported on WSSP a few weeks ago..Recall he seemed to missing guys or not himself? )

A broken collar bone if not healed right can crack more and puncture a lung..

So take that how ever you want to in regards to toughness

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I never questioned his toughness. He broke his foot and continued playing during his second season. Listen to Wilde's latest interview with him http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/page.php?page_id=360. He says he's getting better because he can put his shirt on without pain and has finally been able to sleep through the night. An injury doesn't have to require surgery for it to be legit.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You never questioned Favre's toughness, well good. He was maybe the toughest ever. Buy why compare him to Rodgers? Rodgers broke a collar bone - do you really expect him to tough it out and play through it? Give me Rodgers any season - even if he misses 2 or 3 games over a guy who will play every game but that you know will give up at the end of the season and just start chucking up INTs to get it over with.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NO WAY I could/would question his toughness. The guy has done nothing but take a hell of a beating with getting sacked and hit after the pass for years now. He has been more than durable compared to others. With what he has accomplished given his consistantly suspect O lines he had to deal with.....He is the man!!! ....and always will be. No questions on toughness from this guy.

i hear ya but i questioned it and then remembered everything you just basicly said. I would like to see him tough it out tho deep down inside.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
i hear ya but i questioned it and then remembered everything you just basicly said. I would like to see him tough it out tho deep down inside.

A busted up collar bone is not something to be "toughed out". That will cause limited to no range of movement in one arm, not to mention like it was stated above...if broken completely it can puncture the upper portion of the lung or maybe even worse hit the heart. See 2012 danny amandola.....he got VERY lucky

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
short sighted.

Its a different era where injured are taken more seriously. Favre would never have that record in todays era of concussions.

Rodgers doesnt get a choice in playing, the staff says he sits, so he sits.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers playing through, on a broken foot compared to Seneca Wallace pulling a groin while not being touched..... Rodgers is tough in my book.
Same with Peyton Manning right now playing on a beaten up ankle......

Rodgers wants to play right now, but that's unwise.
Cutler the other day, even though it hurt his team, he had to be dragged off the field at halftime. I respect the guys who are told to stay on the sideline, not who tell the coach I think I have to stay on the sideline.

Rodgers is tough.
Farve was the most durable QB we will ever see, any of us, the rest of our lives.
That was his best attribute.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't question his toughness.
He has taken a real beating over the years and has remained great and never got gun shy.
I don't want to see him rushed back to try to save this one season.
Let it heal completely and live to fight another day.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Rodgers playing through, on a broken foot compared to Seneca Wallace pulling a groin while not being touched.....

Cutler the other day, even though it hurt his team, he had to be dragged off the field at halftime. I respect the guys who are told to stay on the sideline, not who tell the coach I think I have to stay on the sideline.

How can Cutler be tough when he pulled his groin..But Wallace isnt?

We get you really hate Wallace, but with out knowing how bad it is why needle the guy? You also said if he ended up on ir, you would think different

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
How can Cutler be tough when he pulled his groin..But Wallace isnt?

We get you really hate Wallace, but with out knowing how bad it is why needle the guy? You also said if he ended up on ir, you would think different

Think he was saying that Jay was really wanting to stay in the game vs wallace being content standing around on the side line. just my take on it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Think he was saying that Jay was really wanting to stay in the game vs wallace being content standing around on the side line. just my take on it.

if there was an emergency Wallace would have been back out..That is why he was standing there

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i knew this thread would get the juices flowing!! Anyways..i understand that we need him to heal and i'm ok with that..i just don't see us winning a game without him.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not only does Rodgers need to tough it out, but so does Finley. He's up and walking without a neck brace and everything. He looks fine. He should be out there toughing it out. We are in CRISIS MODE!!! :D

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. I can't believe that these guys put their health before my fantasy team. SCREW 'EM. They are selfish!

:D I hope you can all tell my sarcasm

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's pretty hard to question someone's toughness without knowing what the injury is, especially in the NFL where injuries are Top Secret. I give any athlete the benefit of a doubt where injuries are concerned.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not only does Rodgers need to tough it out, but so does Finley. He's up and walking without a neck brace and everything. He looks fine. He should be out there toughing it out. We are in CRISIS MODE!!! :D

haha. Altho you can't compare the Neck injury to a collar bone injury..even if it is a joke.

greenNyellow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off this is absurd. Rodgers is as tough as they come. The guy can't play now without altering his mechanics because of the pain he'd get from throwing a football. And you don't want that from a guy like him who has great mechanics. Secondly you don't think he wants to play now. This guy is so competitive. He doesn't want to sit on the sidelines and watch defenses put 8 in the box all day. He would love to get out there and get the wins necessary for this team to make the playoffs. Also as mentioned above he played through an injury before when spelling Favre and then was placed on IR after game.

I have a feeling that if we lose our next two or even split them Rodgers will play against Thanksgiving even if not fully healed. There is no way he will watch as this team loses hopes on making playoffs. Our defense doesn't look so great but this team has a running game and if hot we can make a run in playoffs.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off this is absurd. Rodgers is as tough as they come. The guy can't play now without altering his mechanics because of the pain he'd get from throwing a football. And you don't want that from a guy like him who has great mechanics. Secondly you don't think he wants to play now. This guy is so competitive. He doesn't want to sit on the sidelines and watch defenses put 8 in the box all day. He would love to get out there and get the wins necessary for this team to make the playoffs. Also as mentioned above he played through an injury before when spelling Favre and then was placed on IR after game.

I have a feeling that if we lose our next two or even split them Rodgers will play against Thanksgiving even if not fully healed. There is no way he will watch as this team loses hopes on making playoffs. Our defense doesn't look so great but this team has a running game and if hot we can make a run in playoffs.

This team isn't winning a game without Rodgers thats just the reality of it. Minnesota is questionable but they don't have to worry about a shootout if they run the ball agaisnt us and rattle Tolzien. I'm a glass half full type of guy but i've watched enough football to know we can't lean on the defense and We won't win a shootout either. Hopefully we can get him back for the Minny game and win the division because we aint gettin in as a wild card. That'll go to San Fran and Philly/Carolina.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team isn't winning a game without Rodgers thats just the reality of it. Minnesota is questionable but they don't have to worry about a shootout if they run the ball agaisnt us and rattle Tolzien. I'm a glass half full type of guy but i've watched enough football to know we can't lean on the defense and We won't win a shootout either. Hopefully we can get him back for the Minny game and win the division because we aint gettin in as a wild card. That'll go to San Fran and Philly/Carolina.
I'd be more worried about the defense and Crosby. Past two games are on them IMO

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be more worried about the defense and Crosby. Past two games are on them IMO

I have ZERO faith in this defense. Crosby? well he needs to be shown the door after the season as well. How can a guy that kick'd at Colorado be so bad in inclimate weather? see ya.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I absolutely love Aaron Rodgers. I think he's got 2 to 3 more SB wins in his future (i pray) and will go down as the greatest Packer qb ever but i questioned his toughness. He suffered an injury and i don't take it likely but he never had any type of surgery, never had a sling or anything on....he looked like a guy with a lower body injury standing on the sidelines if you didn't know the extent of his injury. I absolutely hated Brent Farse at times and questioned his decision making but i NEVER questioned the guy's toughness...EVER. I don't know the extent of the injury but i think rodgers should pad that shoulder up, take a shot to numb it and give it a go...we are in crisis mode right now and need our leader. Maybe it's just me but that's how i feel.
You can't play with a broken clavicle, period. Even if its only cracked the chances of it becoming a complete break is high. Furthermore, a major artery (subclavian) runs right below the clavicle. If a guy was to be hit the wrong way with a broken clavicle, there is a chance that artery could be punctured, putting him immediately into a life threatening situation. It's not a matter of a pad and a shot. Favre wouldn't have been playing with a broken clavicle either. Any questions about toughness in regard to this injury is 100% unfounded. If you can find me ONE instance of a player in any sport starting a game with a broken clavicle, I'm all ears.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts