1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

BBQ Ribs disaster

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Murgen, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    I bought two racks of Baby Back Ribs. marinated em overnight with a nice homemade BBQ rub and beer, baked them and then threw em on the grill to finish em off, and accidently turned the setting to high on the middle burner of my weber. I thought I had turned it off. Duh....

I look outside and see smoke, hmm, what's going on. I go out there and ****, the ribs are burned to heck.

Well, I'm bummed, as that was dinner and $26 bucks down the drain. Guess it's beans and spam tonight.

:mad:

2. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Damn, though luck.
    I never liked your (american) bbq, though. I prefer the ga├║cho style, a.k.a. churrasco ;)

3. Mushroom

Mushroom Packer Owner/Shareholder

Ratings:
    +106
    Say whaaaaaaaaat?

4. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +327
    Dam that does suck. But thanks for mentioning BBQ Ribs, I think that is going to be the meal for the next tailgate. :)

5. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I'm from Brazil, so...

Ever tasted churrasco? Makes grilled BBQ taste like canned beef.

6. Mushroom

Ratings:
    +106
    No, never have. I think I would like it though. My doctors are trying to say I need to lay off the red meat due to my kidney stones, but thats just cruel. I do like Carnita's though!!! mmmm (but im assuming its apples and oranges comparing that to that)
    Soooo, I did notice you're from Brazil. I hope you dont mind me asking, but are you Brazilian (speaking Portuguese and all), or are you an American thats been transplanted there by either work or some super fine Brazilian hottie? Any answer is cool, its just I didnt think South American folks much gave a **** bout American Futbol....... and not to mention the Plow King pic looks like my neighbor.

7. Mushroom

Ratings:
    +106
    Figures...u got rid of the Plow King sig....

8. Mushroom

Ratings:
    +106
    Dude, you've got me all mixed up,lol...I mean Mr Plow, LOL! duh!

9. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +1,002
    You should have served them and just called them "Cajun" style ribs. :happy0005:

10. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Born and raised in Brazil... Lived in the US for a while (San Diego), and have been around some cities, LA, NY, CHI, the usual...

About the NFL, long story short, my dad was an exchange student in Racine in the mid 60's. Though he himself isn't a big NFL fan, the Packers got to him...

And the plow king, yeah, figured it was too big, just got tired of it...

11. Mushroom

Ratings:
    +106
    Hmmm, that's a cool story...Kind of amazing how well you (id say speak, but you know) type.

So, this Churrasco......think maybe you could mail me some? I dont think im gonna be able to find it around here. Imagine the drug dogs at customs trying to get at that package, lol:lol:
    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Churrasco]Churrasco - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame] <~~Looks tasty!!!

12. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    I've heard Argentina (or was is Chile) has great beef. I saw a show about guachos and churrasco.
    We have a couple Brazilian steakhouses here in Dallas that serve churrasco and other meats on skewers. It's really good. All you can eat. Pricey, but man I must have eaten 2lbs of beef/pork/lamb. Company was paying for it so what the heck. I was stuffed for a week.

I bought the "Joy of Cooking" cookbook. It's like a bible of American cooking and I randomly choose recipes to try. Came up with BBQ ribs last time. We'll try something else next week. The ribs would have been great, if it wasn't for my early onset senility.

13. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    We do it like this sometimes: [​IMG]

But traditionally, it's like this: [​IMG]

Don't know where you live, but in downtown SD there was a "churrascaria" Rei do Gado, which was pretty good...

14. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Uruguay has GREAT beef because it's fields are flat (lots of praieries), so the cattle doesn't work too much, and it's cheaper than the high-tech places.

15. Mushroom

Ratings:
    +106
    Dang! Im in Wisconsin, on the Illinois border...just on the better side of the line :)
    Allz I know is that looks goooooooooood. Much better lookin than the Brats and Dogs around here.
    Imagine pulling up to Lambeau and seeing somebody cooking up that meat masterpiece. Mmmmmmmm!!!!!!

16. Mushroom

Ratings:
    +106
    Dude, try em again...I think I'd like to live vicariously through you. Just use a lot of adjectives and tell me all about em :)
    If I cook ribs, I just buy the Sweet Baby Ray's sauced, pre-cooked kind in the plastic sleeve. Nothing like you're grilling up, dang son!

17. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    Good thing it didn't happen at a tailgate!

That Brazilian cooking looks sooooo good. I might have to go get bbq for dinner now, I'm salivating.

18. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    The worst part, is the wife thinks we are having Ribs tonight. Gonna be a disappointed woman when she gets home. LOL

Luckily I have a nice rotisserie chicken I'm roasting up slooow. 5 hours at 250F. Should be done when she gets home. Yeah, not Ribs, but will be pretty tasty and my girls actually like chicken more than ribs, heathens. Made some corn bread and sweet peas as a side.

Oh yeah, the beverage, Corona or Becks. Would be a better celebration meal if the Packers had won this week. Ugh......

Oh yeah, We're celebrating because my wife finally got her CPA License! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

19. Mushroom

Ratings:
    +106
    In my best southern big black fella voice...."Gimme some of yo cone-bread"

Dude, that sounds like a 4 star meal.
    Im hungry now too, INCUBES, lol

CPA huh? Now she can get paid for doing math, lame! :)

20. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    LOL, math on my money, money on my math!

Do I get 5 stars if I told you I made up a batch of fried potatoes as well... Mmmmmmmmm

21. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    Good thing you got the fried potatoes going, sadly I don't think she'll be happy that she won't be getting ribs. :(

Now you have me really wanting to try Madison's Brazilian grill, though I have to wait till next paycheck.

Sundays are my BBQing days, I try to make every Sunday the best, a great BBQ and a Packers victory, can't get much better than that.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    These are sound yummy for game day!!! Love PackerRS's, they sound good! How far is Philly from Brazil??? LOL! I fancy my ribs made in the Crock Pot (slow cooker). First I rub them with salt, pepper, garlic and any other seasoning you may like. Let them chill in the fridge for 3 hours. Then add Worcestershire sauce and let them sit for another our. Then broil them for about 15 to 20 minutes. Next take them to the Crock Pot, add your BBQ sauce of choice (out of a jar or homemade), add honey, brown sugar, cracked black pepper, red pepper flakes (only if you want them spicy). Slow cook them on low setting for about 4 hours, turning/ stirring every hour.

Note, sometimes it's best if you marinate them over night as the process takes several hours and you'd have to start them very early to have them ready for the game. This recipe also works well for chicken but slow cooking makes the ribs fall off the bone tender and they tend to get a little crisp on the outside the longer you let them slow cook. Sorry I don't have any measurements, I come from an old Italian family and they don't believe in measuring cups and spoons. You just kind of throw it together.

23. Mushroom

Ratings:
    +106
    WhatchutlkinboutWillis?

24. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Your ribs sound good!!!! DANG. You know that is how my mom cooks. Just guesstimates everything but it turns out great.

25. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420

There is a Brazilian Grill in Madison, called Samba. Its off of State and some other street, its kind of tucked away. I think its between 30 to 50 smackers for all you can eat meat. Supposively they have a good brunch too.

I like smoking my meats, and well my slowcooking recipes usually involve beer. And dang you for making me hungry for ribs. :smile2: