Bayless..Does anyone like this ******?

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
-Aaron Rodgers realizes that his name attached to any Skip Bayless Tweet or commentary on ESPN's First Take, is simply to spur conversation, attract viewers and thus benefit ESPN and Skip Bayless. Rodgers is pretty wise to the game that is NFL PR and quite blunt for guy who many consider league's best player.

Rodgers said on his radio show this week, "I just think it just goes to the point that you can’t take a whole lot of what those people say too personally because they’re shock experts on ESPN and NFL Network. A lot of them are just going for the shock value of what they’re saying, as is typified by that guy on ESPN, I don’t want to even say his name. He works for “First Take.”

“All he does is say things that are so ridiculous just for the shock value. So everybody who was saying stuff about our team this offseason about not getting together for workouts, there hasn’t been a lot of talk about that. The different people who said stuff about whatever player they are talking about over the years, I think sometimes people forget about the human element to our story.” “We take stuff personally at times. We get upset if somebody says something real negative about us, but more than that, our families do, our friends do, and they feel like they need to tell you. So, I think that stuff just reminds you that you can’t take yourself too seriously, and you can’t take the pundits too seriously.”

Bayless responded on Twitter that he would like Rodgers to visit the set of First Take, ala Ochocinco, for a debate.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
The guy really isn't worth the effort. By simply showing up, Rodgers would be giving the guy some semblance of legitimacy. I'm reminded of the blow-hole reporter in "Any Given Sunday" or the reporter in "The Natural" ... their value to the game is marginal at best and has value only in their own eyes.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
He's like a shock jock. He just takes the controversial position to get people to see what stupid reasoning he can come up with this time. They listen so they can say to themselves, I'm so much smarter than him.

Either that or he is the total retard he seems to be. Probably not, I wish I was getting paychecks like his.

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy really isn't worth the effort. By simply showing up, Rodgers would be giving the guy some semblance of legitimacy. I'm reminded of the blow-hole reporter in "Any Given Sunday" or the reporter in "The Natural" ... their value to the game is marginal at best and has value only in their own eyes.
This!

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Does anybody even listen to Skip Bayless anymore?

Everything that comes out of his mouth is pure comedy. He thinks Romo is the greatest ever, a hardcore reporter pushing the Tebow media, when he called Albert Haynsworth trade to New England a Super Bowl winning move, that was the laugh of the month.

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Total clown. I dont have cable simply beacuase of kooks like that. It's all a lot of maunfactured controversy and hysterics where the talking heads just take sides and play a role. I can't believe any one takes anything on those shows seriously.

OP
OP
Guacamole

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Total clown. I dont have cable simply beacuase of kooks like that. It's all a lot of maunfactured controversy and hysterics where the talking heads just take sides and play a role. I can't believe any one takes anything on those shows seriously.
Then why is this clown still on TV? Somebody must love him......Wasn't he the one that called Aikman gay?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then why is this clown still on TV? Somebody must love him......Wasn't he the one that called Aikman gay?

You said it yourself in the original thread- He's a shock jock. He's the Howard Stern of sports television: People who love him tune in to see what he's going to say next. People who hate him tune in to see what he's going to say next. It's a total win for the 4-letter.

I agree Rodgers should tell him to go fist himself and not do his show. No need to give that two-bit *** clown any sort of legitimacy by appearing on his show.

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You said it yourself in the original thread- He's a shock jock. He's the Howard Stern of sports television: People who love him tune in to see what he's going to say next. People who hate him tune in to see what he's going to say next. It's a total win for the 4-letter.

I agree Rodgers should tell him to go fist himself and not do his show. No need to give that two-bit *** clown any sort of legitimacy by appearing on his show.

Yep, people just tune in to see a train wreck.

Too many channels plus the ability to cheaply produce shows results in a lot of shows that are essentially like 3 year olds having tantrums for attention. Why there is an audience at all is beyond me but they have to fill air time with something and I don't think quality is of as much of a concern as having crazier train wrecks than the next channel. Lowest common denominator rules apply.

*disclaimer: I work in media and have been disgusted in the long, slow slide of my business to go for the "cheap pop".

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because people love to watch a train wreck. Most of the people who watch him probably hate him. As SpartaChris said, they can't wait to see what he will say next. People love controversy, and the chaos that his statements create even though they may not necessarily like him. I honestly take everything he says with a grain of salt. He's lost his credibility with me, but I don't think that bothers him one bit. He must be getting decent ratings (people tuning into the show) if the network keeps him on. It would take a massive amount of people to stop watching the show to get him off the air. Good luck. Next time you drive by an accident, tell yourself not to look.

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Is that the old "Gilbert Burger" in your avatar?? Anyone else remember that from the 90's? I saw it on a special about Gilbert Brown many years ago!

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, and Bayless is a D-Bag. I also dislike Merrill Hoge greatly because of his obvious and obnoxious Steelers bias. Ans the fact that he says "factor back" at least once every other sentence that comes out of his mouth. You weren't a factor back buddy, you were an overachiever..

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
...and then, there's the flip side of Bayless stupid ...
http://www.foxsportswisconsin.com/1...onest/landing.html?blockID=607926&feedID=5065

November 19, 2011

Sometimes people who do polls for a living get a little tired of the Democrat vs. Republican routine and go right to the heart of what's most important to Americans: Who's more popular, a Super Bowl-winning quarterback or Jesus?

When Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers set a Public Policy Polling record with an 89 percent favorable rating in Wisconsin last month – beating out former Nebraska head football coach Tom Osborne for the best result ever in a home state – the pollsters wondered if any name could beat Rodgers' rating and decided to up the ante.

PPP asked 800 nationwide voters to respond favorable, unfavorable or not sure on names they figured few would have an issue with, and only Abraham Lincoln's 91 percent favorable rating and Jesus Christ's 90 percent mark topped how Rodgers polled in his home state.

Historical figures who didn't meet Rodgers' level of popularity in the Raleigh, N.C.-based company's poll include: George Washington (86 percent), Mother Teresa (83), Martin Luther King Jr. (74), Santa Claus (67), Mahatma Gandhi (64), Nelson Mandela (64), Steve Jobs (62).

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't watch him main,reason he never lets others talk he keeps going on and on and on till the show is done. You really never get others point of view.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
-Aaron Rodgers realizes that his name attached to any Skip Bayless Tweet or commentary on ESPN's First Take, is simply to spur conversation, attract viewers and thus benefit ESPN and Skip Bayless. Rodgers is pretty wise to the game that is NFL PR and quite blunt for guy who many consider league's best player.

Rodgers said on his radio show this week, "I just think it just goes to the point that you can’t take a whole lot of what those people say too personally because they’re shock experts on ESPN and NFL Network. A lot of them are just going for the shock value of what they’re saying, as is typified by that guy on ESPN, I don’t want to even say his name. He works for “First Take.”

“All he does is say things that are so ridiculous just for the shock value. So everybody who was saying stuff about our team this offseason about not getting together for workouts, there hasn’t been a lot of talk about that. The different people who said stuff about whatever player they are talking about over the years, I think sometimes people forget about the human element to our story.” “We take stuff personally at times. We get upset if somebody says something real negative about us, but more than that, our families do, our friends do, and they feel like they need to tell you. So, I think that stuff just reminds you that you can’t take yourself too seriously, and you can’t take the pundits too seriously.”

Bayless responded on Twitter that he would like Rodgers to visit the set of First Take, ala Ochocinco, for a debate.

Aaron Rodgers is smart.
He is focused and knows how to avoid the distractions so he's not going to visit the set.
He's not a prima donna and doesn't go visit the media. He let's the media come to him.
Ochocinco on the other hand is an attention ***** overrated tool, so I'm not surprised that he showed up on the set.
I've never heard of this Bayless guy and I'm not going to start seeking him out just to listen to this shock jock now.
I don't care and frankly I find ESPN boring unless they are showing highlights of football or the MNF game.

We should all take a page out of Aaron's book and ignore Bayless because after all ignorance is bliss.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
people seriously watch espn for something other than highlights and games? who knew. Sounds like its your own fault. turn the channel. I would suggest inside the nfl personally.

Skarecrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know the d-bag that demands to see the manager because the waitress forgot the lemon they asked for during diner rush, the butt-stink at the bar that will argue with you for hours about how much greater Cutler is over Rodgers even though you just want to have a good time, the a-hole that, even though you have photo proof, eye witness testimony proving they are wrong, they still have to win and be "right". Well, that guy got himself a tv show on espn. Only way to stop him is to get the word out... DONT WATCH OR LISTEN to him. Rating is the only way to kill that monster.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts