Batesy kickin butts & takin names

vixtalkn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

While Bates is an equal-opportunity yeller, Carroll has clearly incurred more of his wrath than any other player on defense. On Thursday, Bates yanked Carroll from an 11-on-11 drill after Carroll held receiver Donald Driver on a play, shouting to his assistants, "Get somebody in there that won't hold."

Bates was all over Carroll again Friday, when he was caught in no man's land on a pass to Driver in the left flat during a 7-on-7 drill and when he dropped an interception on a deep ball to Antonio Chatman.

Said Lionel Washington: "Maybe that's what Ahmad needs, somebody to really set a fire under his butt and get him going."

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/ ... 70&ntpid=4

=====================

Am hopin' Bates' approach does the trick. Lord knows the boxing gloves didn't work. Now is the time for this 1st round pick.

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like what I have heard on the net. Bates will help out a lot on the defense.I think he will lite a fire under Carroll's rear ,and get him to play better. I am waiting to see what happens to Hunt when he comes into camp.... That guy must be nuts,he should be here learning the new D. Did anyone hear why he didn't show up? I haven't heard a word.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lionel Washington said:
"Maybe that's what Ahmad needs, somebody to really set a fire under his butt and get him going."

Carroll could be good, if he realizes he doesn't have to hold the receiver all the time. Hopefully Bates will get him on track to have a break out year. I suppose he would then have to hire Rosenhaus and hold out etc etc... Tough call there :doh: .

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carroll could be good, if he realizes he doesn't have to hold the receiver all the time
That would be great then the other team would actually have to catch the ball to move down the field instead of just moving down the field on penalties Carrol commited.

Later
Leopardmech

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts