Bates rotating KGB

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were a couple of times during the game I was asking my friends if KGB was hurt because I didn't see him in there when I expected too. After reading a blurb from an article in the Green Bay Press Gazette, it sounds like Bates and the coaching staff are resting KGB more. KGB even said he wished he would get more snaps than the coaching staff is giving him.

I like this move by Bates. The last couple of years I got the impression KGB would sometimes wear down during a game, and that the Packers were overusing him to justify his high salary. It looks like this year Bates is trying to get more out of KGB by not overusing him.

Giving KGB less snaps might be a small thing, but I think it's a positive sign that Bates is making decisions based on what he feels will help the defense the most, and not making decisions based on a player's salary. It also tells me that Bates has total control of the defense which is also a good thing.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you notice, KGB was more effective when he first came to the Packers and was used sparingly or occasionally. Since he has been a full-time player he has been less effective.

Members online

Latest posts