1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Bates is the zeal deal

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
  2. NCPackerfan

NCPackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm with you, Slick! The Packers have made some positive moves so far this offseason (Bates,Thompson), but there's still many questions to be answered. What will Brett do? Who do we let go in free agency? Who do we pick up in free agency? Draft picks? Hopefully it all comes together and we go into the 2005 season ready to kick some butt!

3. eastcoastpacker

eastcoastpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I am hopeful that he can do good.It looks like he is good at his job,so I look forward to the off season.I don't expect any big names in the free agent market to come in,but he will get some of the lower tier players in.I just hope that Brett comes back! :pray:

4. leopardmech

leopardmech Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't we all. I think the coaching/front office changes have been great lets just hope that the personnel on the field look as good as the coaching staff.

Later
    Leopardmech

5. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was listening to my local sports radio station this afternoon, and they had a New England sports radio host on the show as a guest. The conversation turned towards possible new coordinators for the Pats, and the guy from NE mentioned that a small disadvantage of going to the Superbowl was that most of the choice coordinators have been snatched up by the time they get the chance to talk to them. Specifically he mentioned that the Pats had Jim Bates in the top 2-3 on their shortlist for DC. That kinda makes me feel even better about Bates, knowing that an organization like NE was so high on him as well.

6. ArizonaPackerFan

ArizonaPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ditto!

I also agree with Slick and can't wait for the preseason to start already. Bates has me pumped already too.

7. leopardmech

leopardmech Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Me too. Lets just hope he gets the defence pumped up.

Later
    Leopardmech

8. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    LETS GET IT ON!!!

Off Season is for wimps, start up the training camp already!!!!

9. dan7

dan7 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Off Season

Be patient! Football players need time to recover....

10. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Re: Off Season

You're kidding, right? With all the money they have.. like T.O. buying time in the Hyperbaric(?) Chamber to increase healing. and all the supplements (the good stuff ya know) that they can get their hands on... Hell, you and I would look like Hercules overnight, if we could afford that stuff. Nobobdy looks like TO all damn day without being able to afford spending 10 hours a day in a gym of some sort - doing two-a-days... and that has its own wear & tear on your physical structure.. I oughta know - I try to work out everyday after work and at my age, it ain't easy trying to avoid getting hurt in the process and yet still increase my bench, etc.

These guys get three weeks off and they get stale about the speed necessary to compete realistically. I take three weeks off from the Health Club and I feel myself losing the pump I had.... Guys, I'm 50 years old, and staying at the gym makes me feel (and look) almost 20 years younger... it also makes everything I do... easier to do.. and that includes rolling out of the waterbed. We'll see how well you get around when you're my age... the only thing I shouldn't try these days is a good game of tackle football.. for that test, I am just a bit past the hill. But, I bet I could run all over and blow the whistle out there on the field. My back wouldn't take the hit in real football. But, I still try and toss a few passes and play baseball and some basketball.

Nah - these guys have it made, in the shade... and only those who really get hurt would need any time off and during the season, they get that anyway. Did any of us really think TO would be "in the SuperBowl"? I certainly didn't... That alone tells ya what kind of medicine is out there these days. You are what you put into your body...

Screw NASCAR - Let's start the season next week, right after the ProBowl.

11. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

Recover? Check their bank accounts, recover that.

12. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

what's the good stuff? do you think they are juicin or are there some wonder supplements that i don't know about? i have taken a lot of new cutting edge supplements and i didn't look like hercules overnight.