1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Baseball

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by DaBearsrule4ever, Jul 10, 2006.

1. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You guys should all be watching ESPN tonight. Mussina and halladay each pitched a gem (Jays bullpen blew another one tonight though).

2. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    WOO-HOO!!! Wells just hit a walk off homer in the bottom of the 11th. Yankees suck!!!!!!

3. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :evil:

TO, I know you heard the Gibby vs Hillenbrand stroy, boy was that some crazy stuff. Hillenbrand didn't come of like the type to be that way to me, but wow.

As for the match itself, boy that was a good duel. I still can't figure out the Yanks, they look like a threat against the best teams, while blowing it away against the bad teams. It is really frustrating as a Yankees fan. Why do I hope that the Yanks land Hillenbrand? I mean seriously they are hurting and need the help they can get, although Shea wasn't doing good before the whole episode.

It is really troubling to know that we have an offense that would give all-star teams a run for their money. We were supposed to have a decent staff too, with Mussina and Randy leading the way, Chacon being a great addition, Wang/Wright/Small/Pavano to round things out, and we had a terrific bullpen. Of course Wright and Pavano are more fragile than Rex Glassman, Chacon looks like he has no clue what he is doing, Small was just downright awful, and finally Johnson looks like a 50 year old pitcher who has nothing left.

As a Yankees fan, I am not used to this! :evil: One of the first times I wish 66 was still here, alot of comfort in knowing your not alone in wanting to bash half the Yankees players upside their head. :x

4. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    SWEET! I'll admit that the White Sox need all the help they can get now.

5. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Good thing the Cubs have never had any players that were a douche right Trom?

Not like Sosa, Alou, Alfonseca or their current idiot Zambrano

6. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    when did i say they never had douchey people? dusty baker is king douche...

you idiots need to stop putting words in my mouth

zambrano rules you.

7. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey DaBearsrule4ever, the Jays are only 5 back in the wildcard right now (and wait until we get a legitimate 5th starter and Alex Rios back in a couple of weeks). I think Minnesota's only 3 back too. The Sox have more to worry about than the Yankees.

AADP, couldn't agree more. The Yanks wasted an absolute gem from Mussina last night. He was brilliant. I also just can't believe how poorly Randy Johnson is pitching.

8. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Tigers take 2 of 3 from Chisox open up a 5 1/2 game lead.
    The Detroit Tigers have the best record in all of baseball.

9. Drich318

Drich318 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Go Brewers!!!!!!
    To bad we don't have a closer. Turnbow is awful right now. He has blown 8 saves this season, and I don't see him getting better anytime soon. Is football seaosn here yet!!!!!!!!!

10. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    sosa a douche?? well, ok - maybe. but he made it fun to watch the cubbies again. oh & uh go cubs. :(

11. DaBearsrule4ever

Ratings:
    +0
    Sosa CLAIMS he's taking a year off from Baseball and is planning on coming back next year. The question is, who is gonna want him?

12. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    A Single A team to hit DH

13. DaBearsrule4ever

Ratings:
    +0
    I would say NO THANK YOU to that locker room cancer no matter what team i'm with.

14. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    I am sure that this is not the first time that a guy put something in your mouth. :p

15. DaBearsrule4ever

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe he'll end up like Jose Canseco and play in the Independent League.

16. eastcoastpacker

eastcoastpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    the yankees....

17. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    You might be right if George gets a hold of the info Sosa wants to come back.... :-?

18. DaBearsrule4ever

Ratings:
    +0
    Talk about an over stacked roster right now for the Yankees.

Getting Bobby Abreu, Cory Lidle, and Craig Wilson.

Hmmm, I wonder what will happen when Matsui and Sheffield return from the DL.

19. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sheffield Dh's or place 1st base (and then Giambi DH's), he most likely will not be resigned this year

20. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    Sheff will DH, but 1st base is out of the question. Next year, I think Sheff is gone, and Wilson is traded away for some pitching help.

21. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Demise of the White Sox:

1. They fade the rest of the year. Possibly they will finally have an injury or two.
    2. Next year, a slow start and suddenly Ozzie's attitude is not so cute anymore.
    3. By the end of 2007, tumbleweeds will again blow across US Cellular, with average attendance of 4,000 a game. (Only the Brewers could draw less)

22. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    :wtf:

Is Sheff high on morphine?

23. DaBearsrule4ever

Ratings:
    +0
    Atleast White Sox fans care about what product is on the Field, unlike the fans of that team on the North Side of town.

24. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    that was a jackassy statement. there were riots in the streets when maddux was let go.

25. DaBearsrule4ever

Ratings:
    +0
    My gut tells me Maddux will be back next year via free agency. Ok, let me make myself a little more clear. White Sox fans care about their product on the field. After the strike in 1994, fans lost interest. Not to mention it took a while for the White Sox to be in the race and do something during the playoffs. As for Cubs fans, i'm willing to bet good money that some of them only go to the games just to stare at the ballpark. Granted that Wrigley Field has a lot of history BUT until the fans stop coming to the ballpark game after game, season after season, the Cubs front office isn't going to give a crap about the product they put on the field as long as butts are in those seats.