1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Baseball

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by DaBearsrule4ever, Jul 10, 2006.

1. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Any Baseball fans here? White Sox fan here! I would like to get some thoughts on what everybody thinks will happen in the second half of the season and who will win the World Series this year.

2. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I still have hope for my Evil Empire. :(

3. DaBearsrule4ever

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you expect any moves to be made at the trade deadline for the Yankees because Steinbrenner said he is going to let Brian Cashman do his job.

4. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think any major moves will be made, we simply don't have the talent to go out and get Dontrell Willis or a Bobby Abreu.

I think we will make a few minor moves, but we pretty much have to wait it out for Matsui and Sheff to return, as well as for A-Rod to start swinging a hot stick again.

Of course as far as pitching goes, Chacon has lost it, Wright can't stay healthy, and Pavano is a magnet for injuries. We aren't in a real good position. :(

5. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :slaps her forehead: a bears AND white sox fan???? one more strike & you're OUUUUUUUUUUUUTTT!!!

p.s. go cubbies!!

6. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I'll give you Bobby Abreu for a bag of old baseballs. The problem with the Yankees making a move is that they don't have alot left in their farm system. I think the Phillies would love to trade Abreu and Pat Burrell if they could get some good young pitching. Burrell would be a typical AL DH. He can't field for crap. He needs to get out of the NL.

DaBears....you're welcome for Jim Thome. Phillies were forced to get rid of him when Ryan Howard came along. Thome is another American Leaguer. Phillie fans love Aaron Rowand though. He will literally run through a wall to get to a ball.

BTW....watch Ryan Howard win the homerun derby tonight!!!!!

7. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    The Reds will make baseball history with the best 2nd half record in the majors and go on to win the World Series!

If you believe that, I've got some ocean-front property to sell you in North Dakota.

8. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm a Twins fan but I woun't say hardcore. The Packers are my first and foremost favorite team.

9. DaBearsrule4ever

Ratings:
    +0
    Since your a Cubs fan, how much longer do you give Dusty Baker to last in Chicago?

10. thetombradyhater

Ratings:
    +0
    The Cubs are horrible and they have one of the biggest payrolls

11. DaBearsrule4ever

Ratings:
    +0
    They didn't have too bad of an offense before Derrek Lee went down. Thats when it went down hill for them. Knowing their pitching rotation is a mess, if I were Jim Hendry, I would go out and try to sign a HEALTHY starting pitcher in the offseason.

12. DaBearsrule4ever

Ratings:
    +0
    When Pierzynski was a Twin, were you happy to see him go?

13. thetombradyhater

Ratings:
    +0
    I wan't really a Twins fan back then ya know I'm only 15 years old so back then i was like 12 or 13 and didn't really pay attention to baseball

14. DaBearsrule4ever

Ratings:
    +0
    I've heard that Twins fans are glad that Pierzynski is gone and when he was in San Francisco in 2004, all I heard was that Pierzynski is a clubhouse cancer but that has not been the case here in Chicago with the White Sox. Actually, he's been the best White Sox catcher i've seen here during my time.

15. thetombradyhater

Ratings:
    +0
    he is kind of a cocky idiot and what could really make the difference is the fact that the White sox are winning the world series and the Twins didn't always win

16. DaBearsrule4ever

Ratings:
    +0
    Pierzynski can be cocky all he wants as long as he can back it up on the field in ANY way.

17. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    he'll finish out the season & be gone - imho!!

18. vikefan

vikefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was sorry to see him go, but we got Francisco Liriano and Joe Nathan for him so we made out better.

Also the press said the Twins were dumb to take Joe Mauer first in the draft over Mark Prior.

Mauer is leading the Majors with a 378 avg and is in the All Star game.

Cub fans ...Hows Prior?

19. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    AJ got jacked by my boy Michael Barrett.

WHACK!

20. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Being a Tiger fan I'm enjoying being in first place at the break with a 2 game lead over the White Sox.
    The only downside is after 22 years of losing it's hard to shake the thought that it will all come crashing down before October.
    I will enjoy it while it lasts.

21. DaBearsrule4ever

Ratings:
    +0
    The punch didn't even faze him...LOL

22. mattresell

mattresell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If any of ya'll are Brewers fans I got the chance to see Ben Sheets in his rehab start in Round Rock on Sunday night. He must have been on a pretty low pitch count because he only threw 3 innings.

Overall it was a good outing though. His velocity was at 93-94 and he seemed to have good break on his curve.

23. NiVeK

NiVeK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Good to hear bout Big Ben. All we got to do now is get him back and Tomo and our team should be all revved up to make a run at the division title!

GOOOOO BREWERS!!!!

ps. cubs suck balls

24. thetombradyhater

Ratings:
    +0
    i have got to see some current Twins play in Rochester such as Morneu, I think I saw Mauer on a rehab stint, Barlett, and a couple of others

25. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Ryan Howard wins the homerun derby which makes it two years in a row for a Fightin' Phillie!!!! "So we got dat goin' for us" (insert the voice of Carl Spackler)!