1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Baseball anyone?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by eastcoastpacker, Jan 9, 2005.

1. eastcoastpacker

eastcoastpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I am a fan of the NY Mets.Been since '67, they seem to be getting a couple of good players lately. We need them,the team really stunk last couple of years. Can not stand the braves,every year they just keep on wining the division.
    I hate the Yankee's,have since stinebrenner (sp?) took over. Just wondering what you guys think? Any other fans of baseball out there :?: :cross: :feedback:

2. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    giants fan here...not religiously though. that season is way too long for me.

3. eastcoastpacker

Ratings:
    +1
    I would have thought that someone from here would be a Brewers fan? :?:

4. leopardmech

leopardmech Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I only watch baseball on days that I want to catch up on my sleep. In my opinion baseball is as boring as golf to watch. Now don't get me wrong I think they are both good sports playing them is fun but watching them is very boring.

Later
    Leopardmech

5. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4

so thats why the expos left!!

6. eastcoastpacker

Ratings:
    +1
    Not much else to do in the summer.I used to go to the games but it has gotten so expensive. I like to watch it on tv,but usually I listen to it on the radio,in the shade,with a cold one... :beer:

7. leopardmech

leopardmech Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Nah, Arrow I am in Blue Jay country.

Later
    Leopardmech

8. acw

acw Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I used to be a big baseball fan, but not any more. MLB is somewhere between pro wrestling and a reality show. It's not scripted, but you do know who going to win in the end. Whats the fun in that?

9. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Used to be..big time... but then Bud Selig ruined the Team.

Back in the '82 Season when they made a run to the Big Dance...
    THAT was a year to remember - but not much since...
    I must have went to about 20 games that year... at the Company's expense - we had seats right behind the Home Plate.. even got some good pics of the Booze Brothers setup right on top of Home Plate facing the audience... If youre a Brewer fan, then omitting County Stadium is not an option.

I've written some people to invoke a chant for revenue sharing in MLB baseball - pretty tired of Ted Turner and Steinbrenner running the show year in and year out... sides, tickets are getting up there these days...

Around here - we have the Indianapolis Indians and Victory Field is a pretty sweet place to watch a game.. but they're a Triple A Team which "used" to send guys to the Brewers for about four year, until last year -
    Now, they're with the Pittsburgh Pirates.

I guess you could say I follow baseball - but not with any real passion like I used to do at County Stadium.. I watched the St.Louis Cardinals for several years.. still do. But the problem with MLB is the same as with NBA and other Sports - no revenue sharing like the NFL.

10. stuffin

stuffin Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was a huge Met fan till the strike in 94(?). The Yankees and Expos were having magic seasons that year. Mattingly lost his chance at a World Series too. Anyway, after the strike I stopped collecting BB cards. Was an advid collector before that. Stopped going to Met games. In 86 when they won, I went to 11 games total, 3 in Philly plus one playoff against Houston (Gooden vs Ryan) and one World Series (Gooden vs Clemens). I now no longer wear their clothing.

I do keep a casual watch on what The Mets are doing. Pedro was a bad signing. The guy is a 5 to 6 inning pitcher and without middle relief he won't help. Beltran???? Don't know much about him, have to wonder it the Gm (can't say his name) isn't signing Latin players because of the big Latin market in NYC.

I thought Mickey Mantle was the best ever. I also started to hate The Yankees when Stiengrabber took over.

11. dan7

dan7 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Congratulations on getting Carlos Beltran and Pedro Martinez.

By the way, I'm going to the Mets-Mariners game on June 19 (in Seattle).

12. eastcoastpacker

Ratings:
    +1
    I hope that the Mets can do better this season. Can't do much worse. :pray:

13. mattresell

mattresell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm a Twins fan and also keep close track of the Braves. Minaya is definatly spending money or I'm sorry "making an impact" in NY. I don't think its enough though. I'm picking the Braves in the east until they give me a reason not to. The Twins lost some players again. The left side of the indield concerns me, but Radke had to be the key in the offseason. Not so sure I would have brought back Jacque though. I love him but with a $54 million payroll and Lew Ford waiting in the wings, Ryan could have spent the money elsewhere. Oh well. I'm sure we all agree that Terry Ryan knows more about it than little old me. Go Twins!

14. eastcoastpacker

Ratings:
    +1
    The Braves are to the Mets what The Yankees are to Boston.Those teams always seem to win the division. But this year I thiink the NL east will be pretty tight.JMO.

15. dan7

dan7 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yesterday I attended the Mariners "Fan Fest" at Safeco Field.

I got two autographs (Norm Charlton and Jeremy Reed), got to hit and catch pop flies in the outfield as well as run the bases and pitch in the bullpen. I also got to visit the Mariners clubhouse.

It was a great experience!

16. ohiopacker

ohiopacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm a Reds fan , and they've made some good off season moves , if they can stay healthy they can make it interesting . I've been a Reds fan since the early 70's , I go to one game a year . While football is my favorite sport to watch , I enjoy watching the Reds on TV or listening to them on the radio . I just wish MLB had a salary cap like in the NFL - to make it an even playing field - the Yankees going out every year and buy anyone they want is a joke and ruins the sport :arrow:

On Pedro Martinez going to the Mets - he's now in the National League and if he beans someone , he better not stare them down or taunt them like he did with the Red Sox , a pitcher does that in the National League and he'll get a high fast one in the ear when he has to bat .

GO PACK :!: :comp:

17. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Got cork in yer bat?

18. NCPackerfan

NCPackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    My sentiments exactly and now with the steroid issue tainting all the records that have been broken recently, MLB has some serious credibility issues that need to be addressed.

Oh ,and I pull for the Texas Rangers...................stop laughing :oops: