Bart Starr

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what was shown on tv yesterday but at half time they introduced the Packer Alumni that were in attendance at the game. There were about 30 former players.
Most of the them received polite applause but when they announced Bart Starr the crowd roared. Then stood and gave him a standing ovation. It was only a minute or two since half time was winding down and there were other players so the PA announcer started back up again even with the crowd still cheering for Bart.
You could see that he was really touched by the crowd's reaction.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay's fans are great. I hear a lot of good stories from people who make it to the games. Opponent fans are the most impressed with the hospitality. Games at Green Bay are an event, not just the game.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah i watched this game with my Dad at his house this weekend (hes the origin of my Packer fandom) and they did show the Bart Starr ovation and my Dad was standing up with them.

OP
OP
W

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay's fans are great. I hear a lot of good stories from people who make it to the games. Opponent fans are the most impressed with the hospitality. Games at Green Bay are an event, not just the game.

Just show who how much support their is from not only the Packer fans but the organization as well, they introduced two of the Charger alums as well. (One of them being Kellen Winslow, Sr.) and the fans applauded them too.

OP
OP
W

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah i watched this game with my Dad at his house this weekend (hes the origin of my Packer fandom) and they did show the Bart Starr ovation and my Dad was standing up with them.

That's great. In the past I could have seen my Dad doing something like that too.

starpass

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I met Bart Star at a packer game two years ago. He was great. He signed my football. He asked me if I wanted Zeke Bratkowski to sign my ball as well. I said SURE!...It was unbelieveable to meet ones boyhood idol. I just read David Moranis Book on Vince Lombardi...it is a must READ for every packer backer.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's cool how many Packer fans like me weren't around to watch guys like Bart in that era but are atill big fans. I got a retro jersey of his last year and just read his book which was great. If all the players nowadays had his upbringing we'd have no TO's

OP
OP
W

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought it was great that Bart was there on the day Brett gets the record. (even if it is a tie for now.) Too bad The Majic Man wasn't there too.

Members online

Latest posts