Bart Starr Passes Away....

Susan Eberhardt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mr. Bart Starr was truly a genuine man and an awesome quarterback. My nephew and I had a rare chance to meet him at our Shopko store in Racine on a Saturday afternoon hoping to get a rare glimpse of him. He was retired from football by that time but I felt he needed to know that people still remembered and cared about him. Unfortunately, he had to leave due to other obligations. His manager handed out a clipboard with a spot for names, address, etc. for all still there and asked that we sign it and an autographed copy would be sent to each and every one still there. True to his word both my nephew and I received an autographed copy from Bart Starr. He made an quite an impact on both of us. We still have out letters from him and will always remember him with great fondness and as a man of his word. He will truly be missed and I am sure he is a better place.

I am planning on donating my vehicle to Raw Hide hoping to help keep his dream alive by helping others.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Susan Eberhardt, post: 835374, member: 11070"

I am planning on donating my vehicle to Raw Hide hoping to help keep his dream alive by helping others.[/QUOTE]

I have donated 3 vehicles over the years largely because Coach used to make commercials asking for those donations. There is next to no tax advantage anymore but still an excellent thing to do.

There are (or at least were) dropoff points all over the state so it's not as though you have to drive it to New London.

Way to go Susan!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts