Bart Starr hometown honoree

D

Dan115

Starr's take on Rodgers---- and I thought he just kind of fell into a good situation.

"He's sensational," Starr said Wednesday. "I wish I had a 10th of his talent. But the most important thing about him is the man he is. If you met him and looked in his eye, as we are doing now, you instantly like him. He's a class individual and a huge talent."

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
As great a leader, QB, and teammate as Bart Starr was, IMO his greatest attribute is what kind of a man he is.
Bart Starr = Pure Class.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Wow,...that is pretty cool!

Bart was at the 2 fanfests that I got to attend, and was very nice ,not diva-ish at all.

The first time he walked thru the hallway and a big hush went thru the crowd,... and a quite few people and circled around him.
I couldn't see who it was at first , and some guy in front of me said.."Its BART FREAK'N STARR!"
So Bart tells the crowd that he'd be more than happy to sign autographs, but he had to get to correct dept. in less than 5 minutes!.... I'd post the pic...but I was freaking out so much,..I only got his knees!!!:unsure:

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best QB of all time. I'll take up the argument against anyone.

You and my dad think alike. He lives on the east coast but when we talk on the phone, I mention how great A-Rod is currently playing and he responds: "He's good, but he's no Bart Starr." :D

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bart Starr was beyond excellent or elite in his day as an NFL QB. Much like Aaron is today.

What I didn't know and was amazed to read was that he was drafted in the 17th ROUND!!! Damn... talk about being overlooked. Aaron has nothing to complain about! LOL

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You and my dad think alike. He lives on the east coast but when we talk on the phone, I mention how great A-Rod is currently playing and he responds: "He's good, but he's no Bart Starr." :D

LOL...my dad is the EXACT same way. I got him a Starr Jersey, and thats usually what he wears on game day.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts