Bart Starr & Culpepper Comercial

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you folks see the new commercial with Starr and Culpepper?

Culpepper is in the middle of an empty football feild kneeeling down and contemplating when a figure approaches with a sunlit background and he can't make out who's approaching. As the two meet a hand touches Culpepper shoulder and flashback images of 1960's Super Bowl greatness, highlight plays and the words "Superbowl MVP" flash and race through Daunte's mind( ala Maxima's Car commercial style) and as the hand lifts off him, the images stop, and the man walks away turning around once revieling its Bart Starr

I don't know how to take this commercial. Starr and a Vike is kinda scarry and sacreligious. But one side of it makes me laugh, thinking it leaves culpepper thinking, "Oh....so thats what its like being in the Superbowl..." :rubeyes:

How did you guys take that commercial? Maybe somebody else should have been on that feild?

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It looks to me like Bart is laughing at Culpepper.

Bart is smiling and in control and Fumblepepper looks confused.

Bart has been to 6 championship games winning 5. Culpepper has been to zero.

Yep it looks like Bart is laughing.

OP
OP
C

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure does. And Culpepper has a 'look of reverence and a nod towards Starr. I didn't notice, but I guess it was shot at the L.A. Coliseum where he won his first Superbowl! It is the first of an ad series by the NFL for the "The road to Forty" matching former Superbowl greats with current players yet to get there. Heres a link to nfl.com that has who will be in them. http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/8816770

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah - I would follow that - Daunte' idolizing previous SuperBowl greats!
Anyone who has aspirations to win would do that...

Bart Starr created the template - it's a hard one to live up to.....

Back-to-Back Superbowls, that is.....!
(let alone three championships in-a-row)

OP
OP
C

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Skito, actually they will have Mike Singletary in one. I'll be waiting for that one. "Samuri" Mike talking to Urlacher maybe?

Members online

Latest posts