Bart Starr collapses

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://gazettextra.com/weblogs/latest-news/2012/dec/04/bart-starr-collapses-during-tuesday-speech/

Hall of Fame quarterback Bart Starr collapsed during a speech in Madison, but conference organizers say he appears to be OK.
The Green Bay Packers’ former quarterback and coach finished speaking at the Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority conference at Monona Terrace, then collapsed on stage Tuesday morning.
Authority spokesman Kevin Fischer says Starr then sat up and said he was fine. Fischer tells the Journal Sentinel the 78-year-old Starr was speaking coherently and left the convention center with his wife, Cherry, got into a limo and was taken to the Dane County Regional Airport.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:unsure: And here i'm thinking he collapsed because he heard we are sticking with Newhouse at left tackle. Glad he's ok.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope he is alright. my dad's all-time favorite player, and a great guy. I feel honored just seeing him at the Vikings game in 2010.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully he was just dehydrated or something simple. At those ages, you can't have too many falls before a hip gives out!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you are almost 80 this is always cause for great concern. We all love ya, Bart. Hope we can bring you one more SB while you are still here.

Members online

Latest posts