Barry re-signs.....

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
tromadz said:
Look at interviews with our players, who say it will be easier. Do some research, genius boy.

you're talking about denver, im talking about the GREEN BAY PACKERS, little man.

You are beyond help. Do you know where the zone blocking scheme originated or how it works? Your football knowledge is only exceeded by the shortness of your ****!

Zero don't edit my post again. You want to delete it fine...just don't change it.

Let's make a deal. Don't insult or name call and I won't edit :)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
ignorance upsets me, i apologize. i'll try and turn the other cheek when I see it..

Yet you apologize words after you fling another insult. C'mon now. Focus on proving that TT is doing the right thing instead of showing off you can insult. :)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT is doing it himself. He is signing quality players and good depth players. I wish TT was here to tell some of these people to eat a ...sandwich. But till he comes, I will be here showing each and every person how TT is doing a good job...because he is. just look at todays signings.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
TT is doing it himself. He is signing quality players and good depth players. I wish TT was here to tell some of these people to eat a ...sandwich. But till he comes, I will be here showing each and every person how TT is doing a good job...because he is. just look at todays signings.

I apparently missed a lot. I went to work, no news, went to class, didn't hear nothing, came home checked the net and there was about four signings.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but 'some' people want to ignore the quality signings. and 'ignore' the visits scheduled for the weekend. There will be around 5 signings by monday night id guess.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
but 'some' people want to ignore the quality signings. and 'ignore' the visits scheduled for the weekend. There will be around 5 signings by monday night id guess.

If they want to ignore quality signings why insult them? Would you insult me if you could read a sign 20 feet away and I can only read it at 15 feet away? The point I'm sadly trying to make is perhaps you have better vision on the signings then 'some' other people and they need that extra five feet. So provide the facts with sources to back them up and if they still don't see them as quality signings, maybe you don't know what you're talking about lol...

I don't know bro, but I don't think its worth stooping down to the level of shooting insults back an forth trying to force feed someone to see it your way.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well these are packers fans. I WANT them to UNDERSTAND. I wouldnt want my brother to be illiterate. I would HELP him learn to read. Thats what I try to do...but ignorance is bliss with some folk. ur right, dancin baby.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
well these are packers fans. I WANT them to UNDERSTAND. I wouldnt want my brother to be illiterate. I would HELP him learn to read. Thats what I try to do...but ignorance is bliss with some folk. ur right, dancin baby.

lol i'd hate to be your brother... you'd insult me and i'd already be frustrated so i'd jus start pounding you heh :p

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every GM makes mistakes. This is a bad mistake. I don't know the financials to determine if this is worse than the David Martin signing last year.

Barry was a no cost RFA to anyone that wanted him last year. No takers.
There was no need for this signing so early. I don't think he will fit the new system as it will take awhile for him to comprehend it.

I hope it is only a one year deal.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
did anyone notice KGB has a learning disability, and hes (supposedly) a top DE in the league?

get off that silly stuff!

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports Green Bay Packers OT Kevin Barry received a two-year contract worth $2.785 million. The deal includes a $600,000 roster bonus and a $600,000 signing bonus, both due next week according to a source with the NFLPA. Barry will receive $1.2 million right away and earn base salaries of $625,000 (2006) and $910,000 (2007). He also receives $25,000 each year if he attends 85 percent of the team's offseason workouts from March to June.

And some say Thompson is not throwing money around!! Barry will be making about twice the NFL minimum. Higher cap # than Rodgers, Barnett, Carroll,and Klemm!! A two year deal.

Well, Thompson extended Sherman before he cut him.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The worst part about this is that Thompson thought Klemm was a better choice to play guard last season than Barry. What happened to change that? He should have tried Barry at guard last season. We'd be a year ahead of the game.

I know this is hindsight but this is a forum. This was clearly a mistake last year. Hopefully TT is correcting it now. Note to the "TT can do no wrong" crowd: I'm not ripping him....I'm hoping he is correcting one of his mistakes from last season.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson should have tried Barry at guard, since when did he become headcoach lol? I believe this wasn't TT's call, but Mike Shermans, I think you're mixing up their roles.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
Thompson should have tried Barry at guard, since when did he become headcoach lol? I believe this wasn't TT's call, but Mike Shermans, I think you're mixing up their roles.

C'mon Gakk....TT controlled all personnel moves. If he thought Barry could play guard he wouldn't have signed Klemm.

Another example of TT's lovers not being able to even acknowledge that he may have made a mistake.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Klemm was a mistake...we move on. The thing about Thompson, at least he admits his mistakes and makes the changes necessary. Unlike the previous guy.

Signing Barry was cheap, by most standards in this league. And, for the record, this is a depth move...something the previous guy also did not feel was important.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
GakkofNorway said:

C'mon Gakk....TT controlled all personnel moves. If he thought Barry could play guard he wouldn't have signed Klemm.

Another example of TT's lovers not being able to even acknowledge that he may have made a mistake.

Maybe signing Klemm was a mistake, but TT sure as hell didn't decide that Barry wasn't going to play guard, Mike Sherman did.

Since when did Ted Thompson become our Head Coach?

Why are you calling anyone supporting TT lover? I like some of the moves he make and some I don't like, what's your problem? Same thing with Favrehater.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just an opinion for what it is worth.

I like the signing of Barry.

It is a front loaded contract -- which this season is a good thing, since clearly Ted Thompson has no intention of signing a bunch of FA to use up the CAP space -- and because it cycles off the books quicker.

Barry is at least a very valuable backup RT and will at least compete for playing time. If something happened to Clifton, Barry could move in at RT freeing Tauscher to move to the Left sign in an emergency.

I know some of you don't want to hear this but here goes any way.

I am NOT writing Klemm off yet!!! Thompson signed him because he loved his athletic ability. He was coming off of an injury and had never played LG before. YES, he struggled in the Packers timing running game, which required the LG to not only pull and trap on most plays, but to hit the plays with perfect timing.

This season the Packers are going to a zone blocking scheme. Klemm's speed and athleticism will serve him well as he competes for a starting job. Further, the guy has the footwork and experience to be the top LT back up.

My 2 cents -- for what its worth.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts