Barnett?!?

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What are everyone's opinions of him thus far? Many predicted him to have a breakout year, but thus far I haven't seen a lot out of him, and he's picked up a few dumb penalties (hit to the head vs. Lions, 2 penalties yesterday).

IMOHO he hasn't turned the corner that many expected him to...at least not yet.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed - not sure, but I think he needs to review his Rookie Season film archive... and try to remember what got him the starting job...

Nick Collins was lookin' pretty good out there for a rookie, tho'....

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
Collins does look good generally, but he dropped another pick yesterday and was at least partly responsible for the Edwards TD.
Yes TO but he is only a Rookie...What about veterans playing lousy and making huge mistakes...

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
TOPackerFan said:
Collins does look good generally, but he dropped another pick yesterday and was at least partly responsible for the Edwards TD.
Yes TO but he is only a Rookie...What about veterans playing lousy and making huge mistakes...

What about it? We were talking about Collins. I'm not making any excuses for the terrible play of the veterans either.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
Chamuko said:
TOPackerFan said:

What about it? We were talking about Collins. I'm not making any excuses for the terrible play of the veterans either.

And the thread is titled 'Barnett?' :p

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
TOPackerFan said:
Chamuko said:
TOPackerFan said:

And the thread is titled 'Barnett?' :p

Touche!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Barnett played very well last week. He was roaming from sideline to sideline and making plays. This week he was not as good, but the only big screwup I remember was that pass interference penalty in the end zone. The secondary was the big problem yesterday. Lenon and Thomas did not play particularly well either, and the pass rush was poor.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the first game he was the one player I thought had a good game. He was all over the field. My fear is that he is trying too much to help cover where others are deficient and that will affect his ability to do his own job. That is what I thought happened to Sharper the last couple of years.

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasn't a big fan of the idea...But I like it more and more lately...

Lessen Nick's responsibilities, and move him outside...

Given, this can only be done when we pick up a true MLB.

I.e not this season.

But ya gotta think...

Barnett-Serious Quality Vet MLB-Diggs

Man, would Bates love that line-up.

The biggest concern I have with our D at the moment, is the same concern I've had for a while now.

Limited pass-rush. Gotta give Kampman credit for stepping up more often than I thought he was capable of so far...But it's not enough. I don't care where the rush comes from...Well, acctually I do...It needs to come from the line, while the 'backers and secondary does their roles...But we need rush to help out the coverage. We're asking to much of a "green" group (NPI).

Just don't know where we're going to get it from...

Personel *sighs*. Nowhere this year, I guess. :roll:

I do trust TT has us heading in the right direction though...This year is just a bit thin. Gotta make the right calls this off-season.

Members online

Latest posts