Barnett wearing his invisibility cloak again.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everytime I think he is starting to take the next step he disappears.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
agreed, why the organization is so reluctant to put him where he belongs (olb) is beyond me!

In April, I thought Odell Thurman, who Cincy scooped up was a good pick for us then---and shift Barnett to OLB...maybe this season a free agent pickup would be the solution?

I love this Bates defense, everything seems to be clicking almost...we dont need a star in the MLB position, but it's all about using Barnett where he can be most effective...oh also depth

OP
OP
Y

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was all over Thurman after he mauled the Badgers in last years bowl game. He is the leading tackler for Cinci right now. Sure wish he was wearing the green and gold.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yourout said:
I was all over Thurman after he mauled the Badgers in last years bowl game. He is the leading tackler for Cinci right now. Sure wish he was wearing the green and gold.

yeah, but Thurman had "character issues", what linebacker doesn't

Like I said, Barnett needs to be moved to the outside and take Diggs' place, I'm talking long term...now we only have a certain number of draft picks, this is where we look for a veteran to fill the hole--our defense can be even better next season with all the young talent, and if next year will be what I think it will be, our defense will have to be the driving force...

ChuckSTG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barnett did have some decent plays but yup, he dissapears during games. If he moves outside that means that he will have to be a good cover LB too. Haven't been to impressed with his cover skills though. I like Hodge out of Iowa (smaller with speed and fits bates system) or Brooks from Virginia, but we would have to use our 1st pick on brooks. Hodge might make it to the second round and we have an early pick there too from the way things are going. I just want to get a defense that helps out farve if he stays around and helps us to he SB, we at least owe him that. Look what Orton is doing. He has a defense he can relie on to keep the game in reach. the defense has done suprising well this year and with a few playmakers in key spots will we do loads better on Defense. Either way Barnett should be moved outside.

Probable reason why they didn't move him outside last spring...no one to replace him with (Either Manning an undrafted Rookie or Paris Lenon??)

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts