Barnett Sucks at MLB

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dont forget that Nick had a club on his hand. And what does that say about our back up MLB? It shows that Barnett can do better in a game with a club on a hand then his backup can without any handycap.

Not really. Barnett is no doubt better than Hodge but 170 yards is still an awful amount to give up.

DeusNova

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barnett's a solid MLB, but he is overrated by fans.

That said, the defense has bigger needs than MLB.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barnett's a good enough LB that even non-Packer fans have taken notice. He is not elite, but he covers a lot of ground and brings some enthusiasm to our defense.

I remember when people would criticize Junior Seau for overpursuing plays. I always thought that was silly. Overpursuit is the downside of being fast and reacting quickly, but it does not come anywhere close to cancelling out the good plays that are made because of speed. Maybe we should find us another slow MLB, like Bernardo Harris. He never overpursued. But he didn't make any plays on the edge, either.

Also, somebody said that Barnett gets gobbled up by guards and centers. How many linebackers can take on an O-lineman and win? Not many. It is the job of the DT's to take on the guards and centers.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barnett is not a high quality middle linebacker. He is probably better suited to play the outside, but he simply isn't very good at getting off of blocks and too often over runs plays and in essence gives up big yardage. Now that doesn't mean he hasn't had moments where he plays well; what it does mean is that he hasn't played with any consistency where he makes the right play time and again. When watching the game I find myself surprised when he makes a play. I believe by his actions and gloathing after a play that he is equally surprised.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts