Barnett on Jim Rome

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You mean Chris?
It was all over youtube

I heard some bits from it..

Nick said the 2 sides are talking and are very close..and he doesnt want to test the f.a market next year..

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard a clip of Barnett on TV last night.......he was saying that if his contract didn't get done, he was gonna look forward to playing somewhere in California. It did NOT sound good.
I hope the Packers get him locked up quick, or he will be gone.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I heard a clip of Barnett on TV last night.......he was saying that if his contract didn't get done, he was gonna look forward to playing somewhere in California. It did NOT sound good.
I hope the Packers get him locked up quick, or he will be gone.

Okay, first. cheesey I'm not trying to pick on YOU here, just the thought process.

Okay, Barnett says if he doesnt get a deal done he's looking forward to playing somewhere in CA. What should a player who is trying to get his current team to pony up say? Should he mope an say 'aww shucks i really hope they give me a new contract, i dont want to leave GB' ... WRONG! Some players do and it works out, MOST of the time, players = sales people. They are trying to make themselves MORE money.

Same thing goes for a team who has 'tradeable' players. A HC/GM is not going to say 'no matter what, so-so will NOT be with our team' UNLESS they don't give a damn what they get in return, if anything. On the flip side a HC/GM who wants to dump someone will say they are wanted on the team and they look forward to them continuing to wear their teams uniform. Why? To show their player is worth MORE than just waiting for them to be scrapped up off the waiver wire and to get top dollar.

Yes, true some GM/HC do say 'so-so will not be with us next year', that doesn't negate what i'm saying it just means not everyone is a good sales person.

NFL is a business first, game second. Atleast that's what I've been realizing the last few years.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barnett grew up in California, so that is probably the reason he said that.

He said:

Favre is a tough guy
Showboating is not something the Packers do
He admires hard work

A lot of detail.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
said he would be fine with Moss or anyone just as long as they come work hard and help win games.

said he wouldnt hold out doesnt believe in that he signed a contract. He just wants a fair deal for a contract put his numbers by someone else with similar and he wants around that amount of money. He wants to stay in Green Bay but if they dont give he a fair deal then he said he owes it to himself to try free agency.

OP
OP
F

fvre4mvp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barnett said he wants market value so just compare his numbers to other mlb and get what they are paid. He said that if it doesn't get done by the season he won't hold out but will look to free agency. He said closing his club was due to having a son and to focus on winning.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats what i meant.......i honestly believe he has drawn a line in the sand, that reworking his contract will be done before the start of this coming season, or he will test the market. I'd rather have him dealt with fairly, and a happy camper this coming season, then a guy thinking of how he wasn't treated right and looking to leave at the end of the year.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts