1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Barnett done

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by tkpckfan, Nov 10, 2008.

1. tkpckfan

tkpckfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    for the season just saw. this is another tough one to swallow. Yeah you can say he wasn't playing his best and all this and that but its still our starting middle linebacker who has played hard for this team for years now.

2. PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +26
    This is pretty bad news

I really like Barnett, and as you say he hasn't been playing too well, bit he is our starting MLB

3. c_mac

c_mac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +21
    Bummer they let Abdul Hodge go. I'm biased being an Iowa Hawkeyes fan of course. He was finally healthy and playing lights out and they released him.

4. billv

billv Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    maybe they will bring hodge back. Or maybe move Havner up from practice squad?

I wonder if Chillar or Brady P. could play middle.

5. packer98

packer98 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    They can't even cover a TE, do you think they can plug the middle?

6. Packer_Backer85

Packer_Backer85 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Brandon Chillar is a pretty good cover corner actually, I wonder if he could cover the middle too.

Yes, Barnett has not been playing like usual, very true. But, the same can be said about the whole team. Offensive Line just seemed to forget about how to rush block, all kinds of things.

This is going to be a BIG loss for us, and being one of the worst rushing defenses in the league, it hurts even more.

7. vipercwf

vipercwf Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What about moving hawk to middle, and chillar to hawks spot, leave poppinga where hes at? I think that would be our best bet personally

8. doughsellz

doughsellz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    This is bad news but to be truthful I've grown tired of the on-field antics Barnett has continued to display. This year it seemed like he knew his play was trailing off some & he took opportunities, after making standard plays a Mike is supposed to make, to demonstrate or celebrate how great Nick Barnett is.

Case in point - against MN on a 3rd down play he was covering Wade over the middle & Frerotte threw a terrible pass no where near catchable & Barnett acts as if he's made a stellar play. Not sure if he was just thrilled the GB defense had "forced" 4th down or what but I'd like to see a little more maturity from a 6th-year starter.

I like Desmond Bishop & believe he's the one to get the first crack at the job. That's why he's been kept around isn't it? Why play Chillar or anyone else out of position? Give the vote of confidence to Bishop & let him take control.

9. dansz15

dansz15 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35

Leave them where they are, bring Bishop in so he can get some good playing time and develop some depth. This team's injuries proved the importance of being incredibly deep this year.

10. billv

billv Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think try to play Bishop on first downs (running downs) and Chillar the rest of the time.

11. vipercwf

vipercwf Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I read Bishop hasn't practiced ad MLB since training camp, because Barnett takes all the reps. That crazy to me..