Barnett closes clubs doors.

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Link
(AP) GREEN BAY Green Bay Packers linebacker Nick Barnett says he's getting out of the nightclub business.

Barnett owns the FiveSix Ultra Lounge in Green Bay. He has closed the club after voluntarily agreeing to stop selling liquor last month.

The lounge temporarily lost its liquor license earlier this year because police were frequently called to the club.

He says he might open the doors to special events, like dances or concerts, but won't open the business again as a nightclub.

Barnett says battling the city over the license, his football career and a new baby are all reasons for closing the club.

The building is for sale. Barnett's asking nearly $850,000.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure cops in Green Bay have nothing better to do than harass black people.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So there is a reduction in the crime rate and the Police Department do not have a weekly call to the place.

Rap music always brings the police.

I can't stand your "rap music will bring down Green Bay" talk.

Who goes to bars/nightclubs? Young people who want to have a good time. They listen to popular music, which at this moment in time happens to be a lot of hip hop. Just because they listen to Jay-Z and dance doesn't mean they'll go out and rob someone's house right after.

I'm not a hip hop lover in the least, but you are completely off base on this one.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
So there is a reduction in the crime rate and the Police Department do not have a weekly call to the place.

Rap music always brings the police.

I can't stand your "rap music will bring down Green Bay" talk.

Who goes to bars/nightclubs? Young people who want to have a good time. They listen to popular music, which at this moment in time happens to be a lot of hip hop. Just because they listen to Jay-Z and dance doesn't mean they'll go out and rob someone's house right after.

I'm not a hip hop lover in the least, but you are completely off base on this one.

Your right, just because someone is young doesnt mean they go to a bar to listen to hip hop and then go rob someone not all young people do this. But there are some who just want to party and start a fight. Most of the time when you have an older group of people and you attract an older crowd this dont happen and again I am not saying this couldnt happen with an older group of people either just less likely. When there is booze sometimes there is trouble.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure cops in Green Bay have nothing better to do than harass black people.

Yeap, they have no predujice once so ever and as a white man who has been in the cops sights for nearly a decade, I am proof lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts