Barclay suffers torn ACL

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6794

According to various reports the backup RT suffered a season ending injury in today's practice.

I'm sorry to interrupt the important discussion about Favre being inducted into the HOF.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Just saw this as well. This is not good. Injuries are starting early. I suppose better to have them happen now so we can work on replacements than having them happen in week 9

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
This is the first significant injury IMO that depletes our 53 of a contributor.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Training camp started 10 days ago three guys already done. Looks like the injury epidemic is getting worse. When it happens for a season it's bad luck when it happens every year then luck has nothing to do with the epidemic. Obviously McCarthy is pissed. Let's hope he makes some changes for the better

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Training camp started 10 days ago three guys already done. Looks like the injury epidemic is getting worse. When it happens for a season it's bad luck when it happens every year then luck has nothing to do with the epidemic. Obviously McCarthy is pissed. Let's hope he makes some changes for the better

Hey, guys are dropping like flies all around the league. I hate this injury and it bugs me but it's part of the game nowadays. We still look really good on the offensive line. This isn't a "game changer".

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't know what the team could have done to prevent Barclay from falling awkwardly. Sounds like bad luck to me.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't know what the team could have done to prevent Barclay from falling awkwardly. Sounds like bad luck to me.

Its always bad luck with Injurys for the Pack as of late. This is just insane so many flukely injuries.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm actually starting to get tired of most people on here being like "woah is me, we are so injury prone, the team is screwed this year, again"

I'm sure a good number of other teams have lost the equivalent of or close to the equivalent of a 5th string receiver and a backup lineman. Look on the bright side neither are starters and both are at a relatively deep position. I will complain when the injuries come, but this is not it.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just heard about this as well. Yet another chunk taken out of our O-Line. I don't mean to be negative but I think the O-Line was already pretty much depleted before this. The last thing we need is more injuries.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm actually starting to get tired of most people on here being like "woah is me, we are so injury prone, the team is screwed this year, again"

I'm sure a good number of other teams have lost the equivalent of or close to the equivalent of a 5th string receiver and a backup lineman. Look on the bright side neither are starters and both are at a relatively deep position. I will complain when the injuries come, but this is not it.
You'd have a point on this situation if OL has been a strongpoint for the team of late. It hasn't been for the last 2-3 seasons.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Total over reaction. To think the season is up in smoke is just unbelievable to me. For anyone to think that the team would go through training camp and not have some significant injuries is absurd IMO. We haven't lost one starter and other teams already have. We lost a UDFA TE that is overweight and isn't going to make the team. A 5th round WR that was never going to see the field and a back up lineman that has questionable pass blocking skills.

This is why you go into training camp with a 90 man roster and I still believe when it's all said and done this will be one of Packers strongest 53 they have ever had if not the strongest.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What else is new, another OT of ours suffering a leg or knee injury ending their season.

It still amazes the hell out of me how guys like Walter Jones, Jonathon Ogdon, Willie Roaf, Joe Staley are able to enjoy super long careers without getting these injuries ever.

I still believe Derek Sherrod could have had a HOF career with their kind of injury luck.
I think Ted made a great pick with Sherrod.
Bulaga too.

It is BAD LUCK.
These things are pure LUCK, not trainers or coaches or GMs.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Total over reaction. To think the season is up in smoke is just unbelievable to me. For anyone to think that the team would go through training camp and not have some significant injuries is absurd IMO. We haven't lost one starter and other teams already have. We lost a UDFA TE that is overweight and isn't going to make the team. A 5th round WR that was never going to see the field and a back up lineman that has questionable pass blocking skills.

This is why you go into training camp with a 90 man roster and I still believe when it's all said and done this will be one of Packers strongest 53 they have ever had if not the strongest.
Who's suggesting the season is up in smoke? This will actually test the OL though and stretch them thin. It's not going to be the non factor you're suggesting; that's what's actually ludacris.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
What else is new, another OT of ours suffering a leg or knee injury ending their season.

It still amazes the hell out of me how guys like Walter Jones, Jonathon Ogdon, Willie Roaf, Joe Staley are able to enjoy super long careers without getting these injuries ever.

I still believe Derek Sherrod could have had a HOF career with their kind of injury luck.
Bulaga too.

It is BAD LUCK.

Right, but it's not like last year where we had a 4th round rookie BAKHTIARI starting at left tackle week 1.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Who's suggesting the season is up in smoke? This will actually test the OL though and stretch them thin. It's not going to be the non factor you're suggesting; that's what's actually ludacris.

It just seems like people are like here we go again and I don't think that's the case. Your not hearing of guys getting injuries due to not being properly conditioned.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It just seems like people are like here we go again and I don't think that's the case. Your not hearing of guys getting injuries due to not being properly conditioned.
Wait till the season starts for that. It does sort of feel like "here we go again though". Still we made the playoffs each of the last few years with rashes of injuries so success; just no SB, boo. Really though we're thin enough as it is at OL and being the key positions it is comprised of I didn't really want to lose anyone. When losing people means you've got to bank on the rest of the guys in that position group stay healthy. Packer's haven't even played their first preseason game and already an OL is gone. It just sucks.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Bulaga too.

It is BAD LUCK.

hey youre back

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right, but it's not like last year where we had a 4th round rookie BAKHTIARI starting at left tackle week 1.
No instead we have BAKHTIARI, rated a bottom-15 LT last year by PFF, as the locked in starter. He came in with extra muscle this year though and he showed some promise last year so we should see a marked improvement.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No instead we have BAKHTIARI, rated a bottom-15 LT last year by PFF, as the locked in starter. He came in with extra muscle this year though and he showed some promise last year so we should see a marked improvement.

Saying a player is a bottom 15 LT in the league is like saying a middle of the pack LT you realize right? There are only 32 LT in the league (probably a few more because of injuries so I guess 35 might be a better estimate of LT with a qualifying number of snaps) and I'm assuming if he was a bottom 10 or 5 you would have said that. So saying bottom 15 may sound bad but if you look closer it really is not that bad (especially for a rookie).

Bulaga is back and by all accounts looks good, and remember in 2011 when he was healthy he was a top 3 RT according to PFF. Don't even question the Guards. I understand being nervous about Center but wait until after the second preseason game before calling it a weakness.

I don't see how you can call this line bad. You know PFF rated it as a top 15 unit (I think it was 11 or 12) last season and I would only expect it to be better this year even with Barclays injury.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At some point, people do have to consider the possibility of throwing luck out when this has occurred FOUR out of the last FIVE years. That is not coincidence, that is a trend. At what point do you get some independent evaluation of practice habits and training? We will never know behind the scenes. Something is not right, it can't be. Not even the Cubs have encountered this kind of raunchy luck.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saying a player is a bottom 15 LT in the league is like saying a middle of the pack LT you realize right? There are only 32 LT in the league (probably a few more because of injuries so I guess 35 might be a better estimate of LT with a qualifying number of snaps) and I'm assuming if he was a bottom 10 or 5 you would have said that. So saying bottom 15 may sound bad but if you look closer it really is not that bad (especially for a rookie).

Bulaga is back and by all accounts looks good, and remember in 2011 when he was healthy he was a top 3 RT according to PFF. Don't even question the Guards. I understand being nervous about Center but wait until after the second preseason game before calling it a weakness.

I don't see how you can call this line bad. You know PFF rated it as a top 15 unit (I think it was 11 or 12) last season and I would only expect it to be better this year even with Barclays injury.
I wasn't trying to make it sound bad. Though it means in the bottom 15 of the list. Not middle of the pack. I was actually talking truthfully about him and hopeful of his progression in the role.

On Bulaga I'm very aware how great he can be. I'm also aware he's gone down the last two seasons consecutively.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At some point, people do have to consider the possibility of throwing luck out when this has occurred FOUR out of the last FIVE years. That is not coincidence, that is a trend. At what point do you get some independent evaluation of practice habits and training? We will never know behind the scenes. Something is not right, it can't be. Not even the Cubs have encountered this kind of raunchy luck.
If you watch the video of practice he fell super awkwardly. Not really much the staff can do about that.

Members online

Latest posts