1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Banner Introduction

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by GP_1_Again, May 2, 2006.

1. GP_1_Again

GP_1_Again Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    *As Bottle of Champagne Breaks*

[​IMG]

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    oh thats a nice one. you are so talented, man!

check out MY sig he did!

Barnett and Collins....oh yeah!

3. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey dude could i get one? PM me

4. ahaug82

ahaug82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Heh. Everyone's gonna ask you to make a banner for them and then I'll have the most craptastic banner on the forum. :roll:

5. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    gp_1_again could you please make me a banner all yours i have seen have been the best ever and i liked what you did on the vikings forum that was sweet

6. GP_1_Again

GP_1_Again Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Your banner is the bomb dude, no better then mine I love your banner if you made me one I would use it.

7. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    You have what looks to be a custom made background instead of a filter generated add on to another 'found' image therefore it gets props in my book!

Even though you probably used filterse to create the background :p

8. ahaug82

ahaug82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys. I appreciate your compliments, but the fact is that I have very basic Photoshop knowledge at the moment and my banner is just basic drag and drop with a filtered background. I'm working on a better one, but since I have no way to learn this stuff without just teaching myself through trial and error it will take a while to make one that even comes close to holding a candle to GP_1_Again's banners.

I'll keep on plugging away at it and hopefully I'll get pretty good at it. It would be pretty cool to make a living using Photoshop. It will be something to think about when I'm doing the college thing.

GP_1_Again, do you have a career using Photoshop? If so, what do you do?

9. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    There are a lot of tutorials on the web. That's how I learned.

http://www.pslover.com/
    http://digitaltutorial.info/index.php

Those are two I've used.

10. ahaug82

ahaug82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow, thanks! :joy:

11. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    No prob. I've stayed many many nights going through those tutorials just for shitsNgrins lol.

It's awesome feeling when you whip one together and it looks better than the tutorial! heh :)

12. ahaug82

ahaug82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I made a new one. I think this is pretty good compared to my old one. This one even fits the legal specifications. :roll:

13. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I like it. The bevel will take some getting used to but thats probably because I jus got done tinkering with PS myself ;)

14. GP_1_Again

GP_1_Again Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Your a genious Zero. No props to GP, thank you, thank you. I suppose your little Nascar was "custom made"?

15. GP_1_Again

GP_1_Again Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Dude you are awesome you will be better then me with that attitude. I am 35 years old I have 1 year commercial art exp and have been drawing and painting since I have been 5 years old. I am new to this digital age only 2 years exp with Fireworks and adobe Illustrator not bad for 2 years ha? I can paint and draw like no one else I submitted work to McFarlane and Marvel comics with no response so? I tried but I have a huge imagination thats all that matters it doesnt matter what skills you have but the imaginations is what counts remember that. Self made or Copied rendered doesnt matter as long as you keep it 50-50 youll be alright. Everyone borrows from time to time thats the way of the artist. Keep it real and keep that awesome attititude and you will be on top brother. Take it from an artist, thats the trick. PM me anytime for help.

GP..................

16. GP_1_Again

GP_1_Again Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Just examples for ya young artist.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    GP, that was an great post. I can't believe you can make banners like that with only 2 years experience. I wouldn't be able to do that if you gave me 5 years to practice! Heck, I wouldn't even attempt to make a banner if you paid me. I just suck at art, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate good art when I see it. GP you have some sick stuff bro, truly sensational. :)

ahaug, look at it this way, no mattern how you think your banner looks, the fact is that you can AT LEAST make one. And trust me, like GP said, they are awsome. I really love the pics you used for your new banner, those are some top action shots! :)

18. GP_1_Again

GP_1_Again Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you I really appreciate that. Yes I only have 2 years exp with Adobe and Macromedia products. When I'm 40 Wow? I just love to create. One key is headphones and blasting, Disturbed, Dokken, Avenged Sevenfold etc. That gets the juices flowing. One thing though Sites like Web Monkey can help with the basics but the best way is to crank up the music and play around.

19. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

You could do it too! Just get the program, toss a few hours at it a day for awhile and you'd be amazed. As long as you have the creative-bug you'd be in good shape.

Get Photoshop, do some trial an error stuff getting familiar with the program and when you're feeling froggy read some tutorials.

The main things for successful graphical design (my opinion), patience and creativity oh and a lot of free time. You really can't be afraid to try a graphic because you haven't seen it before. Stick your neck out there!

It's a lot of fun, I strongly recommend you try it out sometime.

20. GP_1_Again

GP_1_Again Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Since you seem to have a pretty good handle on creating banners and sigs
    and some of the GUI editors Zero I would like to see some of your work? Please post some examples being a sort of critic/guru you are bud? I myself wish I could do this stuff for a living but for now I am a Quality Technician for a medical device company in Roseville, Minnesota. My plan is when our company sells and I collect my "Big" severans check as well as my 4000 shares I have in the company stock I hope to finish my commercial art degree? Who knows I'm optimistic. Also I took the CIW Site Designer certification program I completed my Foundations class and My Site designer class these really opened up the door for all the GUI programs I use. Professional training is the ticket though.

Here is a Packer site I designed but never finished, I had a buddy who was going to do the phpb Firefly/Nuke stuff for me but just either didnt have the time or the patience? Who knows so I put it on the back burner for now. Oh yeah be warned the pages are not complete and very rough. If I where to pick the project back up now I would change alot of things. I actually probably will never complete or put the site live but I would love to help here, I love to help my fellow Packerbackers why do you think I make all the banners I do?

The Packerbackers Org Main

The Packerbacker Org Forum

CIW Site Designer Certification

21. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Since you seem to have a pretty good handle on creating banners and sigs
    and some of the GUI editors Zero I would like to see some of your work? Please post some examples being a sort of critic/guru you are bud?[/quote:l5r5h1ai]

I can post some examples, but not because you think I'm a critic from my comments to AADP. I said he could do it too!

Here's a few of'em.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was my first one :(
    [​IMG]

This was completed March 2004. Basically the last 'project' I did.
    [​IMG]
    Everything was created by me on this with the exception of the MSN and ICQ logos.

22. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think Z2C was being a critic, rather just encouraging me. Unfortunatly Zero, all my years of doing art in elemantary and middle school, and failing rather badly, have left me with no patience to try anything artistic again. It is unfortunate, but I don't mind. That's why there are people like you and GP in this world, to provide the art that myself and others cannot hope to make.

That is some decent stuff by the way. I especially like the one with the babe! :D

23. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

The one with the 'babe' was for my gf lol. No thats not her, i wish! I'd have stuck through her crap for that body lol.

Thanks for the compliment but GP is far superior to myself. I haven't done much with Photoshop in atleast a year or two. I've tinkered with it a time or two, but haven't much completed a decent project with the exception of my Dale JR sig here.

24. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    All I can say is you guys are talented!

25. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Thank you, but GP is the talented one between us :) I'm a novice.