Bakhtiari ticked off !

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need 52 other players to feel the same way. I've said it before, the thing this team is missing is an attitude. Daniels Doesn't have enough of it to go around. We need players to have that chip on their shoulder. It sounds like our 2nd pick Josh Jones may have a lil of that.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Bakhtiari's attitude. I know there are Packers message boards (won't name them) where, if you made the same sort of comment that Bakhtiari did, you'd get shut down. "We can't all be the Patriots, We've been in the playoffs eight straight years, Ted Thompson has us in position every year, It's just the injuries, We're still better than most teams, etc., etc.".

H

HardRightEdge

I'm glad somebody's pissed off about it.

Make the playoffs, see what happens, have critical shortcomings exposed. and then la dee da into the next season...that schtick has grown tiresome.

H

HardRightEdge

I love Bakhtiari's attitude. I know there are Packers message boards (won't name them) where, if you made the same sort of comment that Bakhtiari did, you'd get shut down. "We can't all be the Patriots, We've been in the playoffs eight straight years, Ted Thompson has us in position every year, It's just the injuries, We're still better than most teams, etc., etc.".
Not all message boards can be the gold standard. ;)

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not all message boards can be the gold standard. ;)
Yeah, it's the type of thing where they don't tolerate criticism of the administration or the coaches. For some reason it's okay to criticize the players though. Just the fact that we make the playoffs is supposed to be fantastic. But I doubt that Lombardi would have been satisfied with that.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah, it's the type of thing where they don't tolerate criticism of the administration or the coaches. For some reason it's okay to criticize the players though.

There are several posters around here sharing that mindset as well though.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just imagine how ticked off he would be if he played for the Bears !

Hate beating that poor dead horse, but if someone is going to trot it out...

Bak would certainly not be happy playing for the Bears, but there's no way he'd be thinking that they wasted several shots at the Lombardi.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While its good to hear stuff like this two things come to my mind. First, I'm not sure Bak is really anything special in this. If asked I'm guessing the vast majority of players would respond in the same way. None of them are going to say they are content with just making the playoffs and the NFC championship game every 3 or 4 years. They are all going to say they are getting a little ticked off. Maybe not in those exact words but the message will be the same. Second words alone don't make much of a difference. Remember how excited we were with Mike Daniels comments before last season? A lot of these things are being said because its the right thing to say. I'm not saying Bak is not truly ticked off I'm just not sure it really means anything.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have Kept the Packers from winning more SB's. Let's just be honest here..the. Inability to stop people or close Games has been a major issue in the playoffs.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not saying Bak is not truly ticked off I'm just not sure it really means anything.
It's not like he said that he was so ticked off that he personally is going to throw the team on his back and carry it to a Super Bowl win. He said that "we, collectively" have to do more. That could well include the administration and coaches. If nothing else, it's nice to hear that a player feels as frustrated as some of the fans.

The apologists say that Rodgers has plenty of years left, but this is his prime right now, or slightly past it.

D

Deleted member 6794

The apologists say that Rodgers has plenty of years left, but this is his prime right now, or slightly past it.

I truly believe Rodgers is capable of performing at an elite level for another several seasons.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers fans said that about Favre in the early 2000s and I've seen Patriots fans say that about Brady. Let's face it, Rodgers has the pedigree and ability to play late into his 30s and early 40s. Injury is the only thing that will end it.

sschind said it before I could, but I bet 90% of the guys in the locker room are pissed off about the outcomes, and I'm sure that they were in previous years as well. Everyone shares the blame here from TT not always bringing in the knock-out FA, to McCarthy taking his foot off the gas too early at times, and players not having the killer attitude. When you stagger your opponent with an uppercut, you don't put up your gloves and play defense. You follow up with hooks and haymakers to get him to the mat. Using my 90% ratio again I think that the GM, coach, and players have got it 90% right but there is still some more that can be done.

How many teams have been better than Green Bay since the past decade? One.

D

Deleted member 6794

Let's face it, Rodgers has the pedigree and ability to play late into his 30s and early 40s. Injury is the only thing that will end it.

Hopefully you're right about it although it might be possible that Rodgers performance drops off once he loses some of his mobility.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully you're right about it although it might be possible that Rodgers performance drops off once he loses some of his mobility.

With two stiffs with zero mobility like Manning and Brady winning SB's in their late 30's I'm not worried about it.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
finally a player addresses the elephant in the room! instead of just shrugging it off and getting tired of hearing about it.

Members online

Latest posts