Bahktiari

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This guy......... You notice all our O-line problems seem to be fading away since we drafted this 4th rounder last year? Bulaga back, yes. Sitton/ Lang helping the young bruising center. Maybe the rookie center himself is a bigger deal than Im giving him credit for? But Bahktiari comes in the blind side as a rookie, and within a year Rodgers has time to throw???? A year later we are bull dozing teams?
Its a team sport. But we drafted probabally 10 LTs since the giants D-line killed us in the championship game. 2 1st rounders. Bulaga, Sitton, Lang, all were here when Rodgers was getting sacked a million times a year, and we couldnt buy a 100 yd rusher...
So whats different? Bahktiari ?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Newhouse couldn't cut it. Saturday was a stop gap. Bulaga has been hurt too much. This season we've had great health, consistency, and good fortune with a 1st year center and 2nd year LT playing at a high level. It's not just Bahktiari. One other big factor in the running game is that the tight ends are finally blocking well. Sing Finely's song as much as you want, he was an excellent receiver at times, but always was a poor blocker in the running game.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are certainly more variables involved than we could possibly pinpoint, but I agree that Bahtiari is an outstanding player, looks very durable, and is on his way to being called things like "elite".

Bahktiari Island, anyone? Revis (at his best) and Richard Sherman "take away" their side of the field. Bahktiari kind of does a similar thing. And I'm thrilled. Doesn't need any help, you put him on the island and don't worry about him. Frees up everyone else to narrow their focus and concentrate on their assignment. Be afraid, opposing defenses.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really good LT's are typically found high in the draft. We found a possible franchise LT in the 4th round. If not franchise, he sure looks like a guy who will start for us for the next 10ish years.

He's on his way to being one of the best picks in that whole draft.

H

HardRightEdge

Bakhtiari whiffed on a block early and gave up a sack. After that he settled down.

I know it's a hard name to spell. I find myself looking it up when I type it. But if you're going to extoll his virtues and use words like "elite", then it seems spelling his name correctly should be mandatory.

H

HardRightEdge

He'll have his hands full this week. Joe Thomas was tagged for 3 holding calls and false start against Buffalo in week 13.

Buffalo's D-Line is not just a sack count, by the way. This is the best group in the league, and the best I've seen in many a moon. Kyle Williams and Dareus together get off more run blocks in one game than Raji could manage in an entire season. Mario Williams and Hughes are not too shabby holding the edge on the way to the QB. All four of those guys are having Pro Bowl seasons.

I'll have a full scouting report some time this week.

Suffice it to say, regardless of Buffalo's defense which has few weaknesses, Orton just can't seem to make plays when they're needed.

The loss to Denver has deflated the Bill's playoff hopes...they're in 11th. position now I believe. That works in the Packers' favor.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the Packers recent history, more of their starting linemen have come from the later rounds of the draft. Wolf essentially went 4 for 7 in the top three rounds while Thompson has gone 2 for 4. In the later rounds Wolf went 4 for 11 while Thompson has gone 4 for 9 - not including Tretter yet.

On average, Wolf's offensive linemen were picked in the 3.9 round and Thompson's offensive linemen picked in the 4.3 round.

---------------Ted Thompson Era---------------
Packers Offensive Linemen drafted in Rounds 1-3:
Successes: Bulaga, Colledge
Somewhere In Between: Spitz
Failures: Sherrod

Packers Offensive Linemen drafted in Rounds 4-7
Successes: Linsley, Bakhtiari, Lang, Sitton,
Failures: 9
*Tretter is still an unknown commodity

---------------Mike Sherman Era---------------
Drafted Scott Wells in 7th round, only two other OLs drafted (both 6th round failures)

---------------Ron Wolf Era---------------
Packers Offensive Linemen drafted in Rounds 1-3:
Successes: Clifton, Wahle, Mike Flanagan, Earl Dotson
Somewhere In Between: Verba
Failures: John Michels, Aaron Taylor

Packers Offensive Linemen drafted in Rounds 4-7
Successes: Tauscher, Marco Rivera, Adam Timmerman, Tootie Robbins (acquired for 6th round draft pick)
Failures: 7

D

Deleted member 6794

He'll have his hands full this week. Joe Thomas was tagged for 3 holding calls and false start against Buffalo in week 13.

Buffalo's D-Line is not just a sack count, by the way. This is the best group in the league, and the best I've seen in many a moon. Kyle Williams and Dareus together get off more run blocks in one game than Raji could manage in an entire season. Mario Williams and Hughes are not too shabby holding the edge on the way to the QB. All four of those guys are having Pro Bowl seasons.

I'll have a full scouting report some time this week.

Suffice it to say, regardless of Buffalo's defense which has few weaknesses, Orton just can't seem to make plays when they're needed.

The loss to Denver has deflated the Bill's playoff hopes...they're in 11th. position now I believe. That works in the Packers' favor.

The Bills defense will be a huge test for the Packers offense. I expect Starks to get more carries (especially with Lacy´s hip injury) and even Harris to get some as well as the best way to run vs. their defensive line is outside of the tackles. Their pass defense is pretty good as well as they´re the only team in the league having more interceptions than passing TDs allowed. They do a pretty good job of containing a team´s #1 WR, so Cobb and Adams stepping up will be a huge factor for the Packers to win the game.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will be a huge test for the O-line. Didnt realize the match up, but now that it was mentioned. This is a huge test. The Bills live on their D-line. Live and die. If our O-line hold up.......... blow out.....
We have some great D-lines with detroit week 17, and the playoffs coming. So this is good practice.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts