Badgers vs Sun Devils

12theTruth

Big Game Saturday night. We'll find out how the Badgers perform against stiffer competition.

Bad stat alert. Arizona State is 8-0 all time at home against Big Ten teams.

I can't wait for Saturday night to get here! :coffee:

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Ending to that game was such BS. Refs screwed a Wisconsin Football team yet again.

OP
OP

12theTruth

Definitely screwed. Most of the news media is too incompetent to produce an accurate account of what actually happened in the way of headlines. I don't know how many times I read Badgers failure, strange, bizarre, etc being included in game headline.

Try Screwed, Hosed, Corrupt, Incompetent Refs, etc. Because of late finish on the West Coast we once again will not receive justice out of that hose job. :mad:

Even though Badgers got hosed at the end, the Sun Devils played like the better team for the most part. Despite his gutty performance at the end, Joel Stave stunk it up quite often Saturday night. Sun Devils kept sabotaging themselves during the game and I feel the score was a much closer score than the game that I watched as far as the Sun Devils outperforming the Badgers.

But back to the central issue at hand! What is the point of becoming emotionally invested in a team if the outcome is going to be adversely affected by either utter referee incompetence or corruption. At least NASCAR worked to remedy the shenanigans that occurred last weekend.

What will the NCAA or PAC-12 do? We're waiting...................

Reaction score
I had a case of insomnia and happened to be up late watching that game and it kind of reminded me of how many hundreds of times over the years I had endured an entire Cubs game only to have them either choke in the 8th or 9th inning, or as in this case, have the umps/zebras seal the deal for them with a horrific call. I've watched a lot of football in my life but the blatant robbery at the end of that game is difinitely one of, if not the worst I have ever witnessed in college football. Of course we all know what the WORST one was in the pros? Right? I ran that play back numerous times in "slow" frame and the Wisconsin QB did touch his knee down first and then touched the ball to the turf. How the hell did the referee MISS seeing his knee touch the turf before the ball did? :confused: NO WAY he could have NOT seen Stave give himself up at that point? At least that was how I viewed it! The commentators were also correct in stating that a "delay of game" should have been called against the ASU player. For some odd reason, the media (Cow Turd....for one), the NCAA, other conference officials, etc., have a big ON for the BIG. There will never ever be any doubt in mind about that. :mad: I see it happen to the BIG teams in the NCAA Basketball tournament, as well. And these refs :poop: in that game Saturday are being paid for their inept corrupt performance on the field. Where's the justice?:speechless: I'm a Indiana Hoosier fan and it wouldn't matter how bad the refs screwed us on the field because it wouldn't change the outcome on the scoreboard one iota ;) But as a fan of all BIG teams proudly representing our conference, it's time for the BIG powers-that-be, to start growing a pair and fight back against the NCAA. This crap is getting old fast:mad:

OP
OP

12theTruth

I had a case of insomnia and happened to be up late watching that game and it kind of reminded me of how many hundreds of times over the years I had endured an entire Cubs game only to have them either choke in the 8th or 9th inning, or as in this case, have the umps/zebras seal the deal for them with a horrific call. I've watched a lot of football in my life but the blatant robbery at the end of that game is difinitely one of, if not the worst I have ever witnessed in college football. Of course we all know what the WORST one was in the pros? Right? I ran that play back numerous times in "slow" frame and the Wisconsin QB did touch his knee down first and then touched the ball to the turf. How the hell did the referee MISS seeing his knee touch the turf before the ball did? :confused: NO WAY he could have NOT seen Stave give himself up at that point? At least that was how I viewed it! The commentators were also correct in stating that a "delay of game" should have been called against the ASU player. For some odd reason, the media (Cow Turd....for one), the NCAA, other conference officials, etc., have a big ON for the BIG. There will never ever be any doubt in mind about that. :mad: I see it happen to the BIG teams in the NCAA Basketball tournament, as well. And these refs :poop: in that game Saturday are being paid for their inept corrupt performance on the field. Where's the justice?:speechless: I'm a Indiana Hoosier fan and it wouldn't matter how bad the refs screwed us on the field because it wouldn't change the outcome on the scoreboard one iota ;) But as a fan of all BIG teams proudly representing our conference, it's time for the BIG powers-that-be, to start growing a pair and fight back against the NCAA. This crap is getting old fast:mad:

Hey THC, thanks for the response. Cowherd is the most ignorant sports personality of all. He has sufficient intellect but the angles he takes many times are obtuse and idiotic. We see in other sports where improprieties are committed that action is taken later to remedy the problem. If ethics were truly valued then the contest could be replayed due to extreme circumstances. Games can be replayed http://metro.co.uk/2012/01/12/abandoned-ajax-v-az-alkmaar-cup-game-to-be-re-played-in-front-of-kids-282911/ AND http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/archive/germany2006/news/newsid=27212.html

Too much money has been payed out by Vegas to address this properly. When the final outcome has been directly impacted something MUCH more substantial should occur in the way of a solution. Those I've heard that say lets just move on I really question their ethical core.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hey THC, thanks for the response. Cowherd is the most ignorant sports personality of all. He has sufficient intellect but the angles he takes many times are obtuse and idiotic. We see in other sports where improprieties are committed that action is taken later to remedy the problem. If ethics were truly valued then the contest could be replayed due to extreme circumstances. Games can be replayed http://metro.co.uk/2012/01/12/abandoned-ajax-v-az-alkmaar-cup-game-to-be-re-played-in-front-of-kids-282911/ AND http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/archive/germany2006/news/newsid=27212.html

Too much money has been payed out by Vegas to address this properly. When the final outcome has been directly impacted something MUCH more substantial should occur in the way of a solution. Those I've heard that say lets just move on I really question their ethical core.

Exactly correct, 12theTruth! Cow :poop:'s opinionated biased comments come from his obvious love fest for the west coast and reflects his disrespect for not only the BIG conference but for the Midwest, as well. I don't watch his show on a regular basis; only when I happen to stop during my channel surfing long enough to hear some of his ignorant rants which lead me to just shake my head in disbelief and wish I had those few minutes wasted of my life back. Dude just needs to go off the air! Period!

As long as conferences are in charge of the refs, this travesty will continue. Officials know which side their bread is buttered. And isn't it peculiar how the PAC goes public saying officials were reprimanded, but then doesn't state what the reprimands are? Uh huh! ;)

Everyone would have a sheet fit if Vegas bookmakers were in charge of hiring, firing, supervising and rewarding the officials because those with a big financial self interest in the outcome of the games shouldn't be the ones in charge of the officials. But that's exactly what we have with the conferences in charge who often can and do have millions riding on the outcome. Hell, having the conferences controlling the officials would be like having Don King in charge of the referee and judges in boxing! The NCAA (and I question their fairness and impartiality) or some entity with NO financial interest in the outcome of games should have the power over the selection of officials, but that's just not going to happen.....apparently.

I know sometimes officials make mistakes, but I've seen instances (UW vs ASU) where I felt said "mistakes" were deliberate. With 18 seconds left (and that's an eternity) to get the ball spiked and the officials failing to accomplish getting the ball set for play is NO "mistake." Unfortunately, we will probably see yet more of these "agenda" calls or no-calls affecting outcomes until the format finally changes, if ever. Regardless as to whether the Wisky kicker would have made the game winning FG or not, UW unfairly was never given the chance and has to accept a loss for their hard-fought efforts. Sad and disturbing, no doubt, and much TOO familiar and frequent involving BIG teams :mad:

OP
OP

12theTruth

Yeh. I read elsewhere that the same idiot officiating crew was working the Utah-BYU game yesterday. Further proof that the NCAA should have enacted a penalty and not the Pac 12 conference.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes - Colin Cowherd is the same guy that said in the 2010 Packer playoff run that Aaron Rodgers fans need to SLOW DOWN before proclaiming him the best qb in the nfl. OK, there goes his credibility. He is a talking head. Nothing more, and a ratings monger. Skip Bayless and Cowherd are one in the same. It isn't personal, it is about getting attention by saying anything that will get people's dander up.

OP
OP

12theTruth

Yes - Colin Cowherd is the same guy that said in the 2010 Packer playoff run that Aaron Rodgers fans need to SLOW DOWN before proclaiming him the best qb in the nfl. OK, there goes his credibility. He is a talking head. Nothing more, and a ratings monger. Skip Bayless and Cowherd are one in the same. It isn't personal, it is about getting attention by saying anything that will get people's dander up.

I agree. Statistical evidence wouldn't suffice for Cowherd. Had to pay your dues to be on Cowherd's list. But once you're on the list you don't leave I think is what he had said. I find myself disagreeing with Cowherd more than any other pundit and that includes Drip Bayless.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Cowherd's methods really work on some people. It is easy to disagree and rationalize against, that is why he does what he does. People ARE LISTENING. That is the most important thing - the LISTENING part produces good ratings. Me - I quit listening to him and Bayless - due to it NOT being original or informative or thought provoking. I am on to the game they play with sports in general - take a side and argue until you are blue in the face. I like to learn from others that show two sides of the coin. Makes a lot more sense to me. The more anyone quits listening to those clowns like Cowherd and Bayless, the quicker they'll be out of the business.

Members online

Latest posts