Badgers have a real qb!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Anyone besides me watch the post game show? 95% of it spent on how bad Michigan played and what do they do from here. Urban Meyer spent most of his time praising Paul Chryst and the Badgers, WTG Urban. Sure Michigan may be over rated and didn't play well, but we took them to school on both sides of the ball.

Cry me a river Charles Woodson, loved you as a Packer, but your alma mater was thoroughly dominated by a better team.

Anyone else breath a big sigh of relief when you heard the word "cramps" about Taylor. I was a bit nervous that our season was on the line. Sure they played pretty good without him, but they are so much better with him.

#LegitBadgers

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Had to create a few tribute GIF's to those Michigan fan(s)!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yeah...but the way the playoff criteria go, those 14 points are a sign of weakness

I'm not sure how close the playoff committee members look at individual games, but if it came down to the Badgers and another team being neck and neck, I think anyone looking closely at this game, even in December, would see just how dominant The Badgers were, despite allowing 14 points to the Wolverines in the second half.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how close the playoff committee members look at individual games, but if it came down to the Badgers and another team being neck and neck, I think anyone looking closely at this game, even in December, would see just how dominant The Badgers were, despite allowing 14 points to the Wolverines in the second half.
They lost 2 starters on Def when they still had 0.

After losing them they got the 14

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Coan and the passing game looking good so far.

Today was one of his best games, as well as the team as a whole was very impressive. While I do love to see Taylor get his yards and TD's, I am fine if he doesn't, but the whole team plays well. Which is what I think they did today. BTN color commentator Matt Millen couldn't stop saying that this was the best he has seen Coan play, it was actually getting kind of annoying how many times he repeated himself.

Anyway, the Badgers are legit and if they don't have any major injuries, they could potentially be in the final 4. Of course, getting by the Buckeyes, probably twice, will be the biggest obstacle(s). Meanwhile, they can't look past the other 5 teams they still have to play. All that said, the Badgers are at the Top of the Big 10, with the Buckeyes.

How about Jim Leonhard and the Badger defense? The Badger defense has scored as many TD's (4) as they have given up all season! It’s hard to put into words just how suffocating the Badgers have been. So instead, let’s look at these numbers before Saturday’s defensive demolition (FBS ranks) and I think these numbers may even get better after today's dominating win:
  • Scoring defense: No. 1
  • Total defense: No. 1
  • Passing defense: No. 1
  • 3rd down defense: No. 1
  • Rushing defense: No. 2
  • Defensive TDs: No. 2
  • Red zone defense: No. 4
  • Sacks: No. 8
  • Shutouts: 3 (now 4)
Some will say they haven't faced a great offense yet. But the Buckeyes gave up close to 300 yards to MSU last week. The Spartans didn't break the 100 yard mark until there was 90 seconds left in todays game.

Last thought, The Badgers have outscored their opponents 255-29 so far this season, THAT is impressive, no matter who they have played.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I lost my voice yesterday, it was an *** kicking. It's been a few years since i've been able to attend a badger game and it was as fun as I remember them to be. Lots of people left early, glad I didn't. Was great to see them cement that shutout with the INT to seal. It's not the same listening to it in the car because you bugged out early.

I wasn't especially worried about MSU's offense, I figured we'd hold them in check. Didn't expect a shutout, but didn't expect high scoring either. I thought their D might rise up some and keep it pretty close for a while and I'm not at all sad I was pretty wrong on that.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Lots of people left early, glad I didn't......It's not the same listening to it in the car because you bugged out early.

I have never understood that, why leave an event early? So you can rush to get home 10-15 minutes earlier? I guess if I am attending an event that I really wanted to attend, forked out some cash do to so, I'm watching the whole thing. Hell, I even like arriving early to Badger/Packer games to watch them warm up.

I think I was traumatized as a kid about leaving a game early. I was at a Badger Hockey Game with my Dad and the Badgers were down by like 3-4 goals 5 minutes into the 3rd period, he grabbed his coat, stood up and said "Come on, this one is over, lets beat traffic!" All I can remember is listening to the remainder of the game on the radio on the way home, arriving to our house, just as the Badgers pulled their goalie and scored the tying goal, eventually winning it in overtime. Yeah...its not the same on the radio!