Badger Hoops In the 2nd best Elite 8

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Bucky having already played 2 games in the NIT tournament probably gives them more experience than they would have gotten in the Big Dance.

Tonight they get the "privilege" to play on what I would call one of the ugliest and most distracting basketball courts I have seen.

Go Bucky...beat them ducks in their own nasty backyard!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Bucky having already played 2 games in the NIT tournament probably gives them more experience than they would have gotten in the Big Dance.

Tonight they get the "privilege" to play on what I would call one of the ugliest and most distracting basketball courts I have seen.

Go Bucky...beat them ducks in their own nasty backyard!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Hate it. Like a dog puked

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I have never seen South Park. I bet the Badgers hope they never see that floor again either. They played terrible, but fortunately for them, Oregon was missing 3 starters. That was a real ugly win, but a W is a W and it is on to Vegas. I hope they can figure out how to make a layup and whatever is going on with Tyler Wahl, he figures it out soon.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
First 4-5 seasons every episode they killed off the character Kenny through some mishap or another. He reappeared in the next. The tag line was one of his friends saying "You killed Kenny" with another replying "you bastards."

When I first saw "Kilkenny", I thought about Ireland and maybe there was a connection. Turns out, the arena floor is named Kilkenny Floor after former Oregon Athletic Director Pat Kilkenny.

Must be in vogue to do that, last year the Badgers named the turf field in Camp Randall "Barry Alvarez Field".

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Well, the Badgers went down in a truly 2023 Badger-esque fashion in the National J.V. Tournament.

I'll give the team from TX props on having the best statistical D in the nation (or close) ... but gawd awmighty, zero points in the final 9+ minutes?? Something should have at least accidentally fallen through the hoop, like maybe a drop-kicked ball from the opponent's free throw line???

Only the 2023 Badger Men's Basketball team ... is it possible the Ladies Hockey team corralled all of the Ju-JU??

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Only the 2023 Badger Men's Basketball team ... is it possible the Ladies Hockey team corralled all of the Ju-JU??
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Two teams with opposite destiny's.

The Womens Hockey Team was pretty young and it took some time for the group to mesh. They peaked at just the right time. I also think they worked their butts off to win three straight games, against the 3 top rated teams.

I was never impressed with the Badger Basketball team. Despite getting off to a "promising" start, the Big Ten season rolled around and they eventually folded like a cheap tent. Their final NIT game was a microcosm of their season, played pretty good in the first half and then just played terrible, with no energy in the second half. They actually looked scared at the end, nobody wanted to take the "losing shot". I think Gard is almost done in Madison.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hoping players on the team develop. I don't know what Wahl's status is. He may or may not come back. I believe he ruled out leaving through the portal. It's either be a Badger, or walk away from college basketball.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm hoping players on the team develop. I don't know what Wahl's status is. He may or may not come back. I believe he ruled out leaving through the portal. It's either be a Badger, or walk away from college basketball.
I have to say it, Wahl was a big disappointment down the stretch. It seemed like after he came back from his ankle injury, he just wasn't the same player. If he comes back, I hope he has a much better and consistent final year.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to say it, Wahl was a big disappointment down the stretch. It seemed like after he came back from his ankle injury, he just wasn't the same player. If he comes back, I hope he has a much better and consistent final year.
Before his injury, Wahl, was playing as the front man of the Badgers two deep positions. Crowl was the one moving under the basket. When Wahl was out with his injury, Gard had moved Crowl up to where Wahl had been playing and was using others, like Tyler Gilmore to play that back slot. Sometimes he even used Essegian.

When Wahl came back, Gard did not change Crowl back to being the deep man, and instead sent Wahl back there, where he wasn't tall enough to compete against the much taller guys. When you're his height, that 5 to 7" height difference and wing span made his shots extremely difficult.

I think Gard was the biggest problem with our offense. I think he tinkered with so many of his players games that they lost their rhythm on the floor.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think Gard was the biggest problem with our offense. I think he tinkered with so many of his players games that they lost their rhythm on the floor.
Definitely wasn't impressed by Gard this season and he seems to be stuck in the Paul Chryst recruiting doldrums. If he isnt already, guessing he will find himself on a very hot seat next season.

Members online

Latest posts