1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Badger football

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by packinducks76, Aug 16, 2006.

1. packinducks76

packinducks76 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Just wondering if there were any Badger football fans out there, I'm just a little curious as to how they're doing. Being from the west coast they're one of the rare Big-10 teams I can stomach regardless of the Ron Dayne era when they owned the Rose Bowl and that one heart breaker in 2000.

2. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Defense looks to be a bad motorscooter. Young receivers showing well. Stocco injured and may miss some early games. K State QB has committed to UW and will take over after Stocco graduates...EXTREMELY highly touted QB nationally...may be the best we ever have. Young RBs showing well (what else is new). Young O line must step up and gel.

Hope this helps.

3. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Im a Badgers, Packers, Brewers, Bucks fan. Badger football has questions but that QB who set some records in Kanas State is coming next year so hopefully he is good.

4. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    the only Badger football I watch is Iowa beating them 20-10,30-7 (they lost to Michigan State that year) 27-24, 20-3.

sorry I had to but I like them as a big ten team and all I only had one problem with them and that was there quarterback Jon Stocco I cant stand him, I think he makes some stupid choices a lot times and throws a lot of duck passes

5. NiVeK

NiVeK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not a Stocco fan either, but I am a Badger fan. I think we should be solid this season though. We'll beat Iowa fo sho! haha

6. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Well Badger have a new head coach because didn't Barry Alveraz go do another job or somthing?

Wish you had Drew Tate huh??......j/k

Well I see a solid season for Iowa (as you see for the Badgers) a lot of people have the Big Ten looking like,
    1 Ohio State
    2 Michigan
    3 Iowa
    4 Penn State

I dont know where the others fall into place but I think Iowa will beat Ohio State at home and lose to Michigan in Ann Arbor and maybe some upset somewhere (or in a tough one Wisconsin will win either way it will be close) so i see Iowa going 11-1 or 10-2. I dont know about the bowl game it depends will the refs screw them over again.

7. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'v become a Badger fan over the last couple years. I've been trying to find out about tickets. Are they hard to come by? I'd like to try to go next year. I've never been to a college game but have been told I have to go.

8. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes they are. There are, at times, seats available for non-conference games (San Diego State game had a few available this year), but they've dried up in recent years.

9. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I follow the Badgers and if they are on TV out here I watch them. I know this is short notice, but could somebody go over to Iowa City before this Saturday and kidnap some of their players, or pull a Tanya Harding on a Few? Our Grizzlies play there Sept. 2 and even though we are a 1-AA power, I don't think this is going to be close. It's strictly a money game for the Griz. :D

Just joking!!! :twisted:

10. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    come to Iowa this year and see them....oh wait you probaly want to see them WIN :lol:

11. Drich318

Drich318 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    this will be a good season for the badgers. They will probbaly have a 10-2 record going into the bowl season. The Badgers' schedule is pretty easy, and their defense is amazing. The offense may struggle, but the OL should be good, and Stocco is the QB. Here is my guess:
    @Bowling Green W
    Western Illinois W
    San Diego St. W
    @Michigan L
    @Indiana W
    Northwestern W
    Minnesota W
    @Purdue W
    Illinois W
    Penn St. W
    @Iowa L
    Buffalo W

12. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone know the extent of Stocco's injury? I haven't been able to find that anywhere.

My hopes aren't quite as high. Wins at home against PSU and @ Purdue would be big accomplishments. Having said that, even losses against them makes them 8-4, which is still a solid season.

13. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I've been a Badgers fan since i was a little kid. My very first football game i ever saw live was the Badgers.
    They never seem to get a "real" Quarterback. They usually have a great running game, but only fair QB.
    I'm STILL mad that the Packers passed up Chris Chambers and Troy Vincent!!!

14. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I also wished they had Cahmbers, still do. Other 2 I would of liked in a Packer jersey are Lee Evans and Erasmus. Seems like Bennet's career is on the decline

15. Packerbacker04

Packerbacker04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Im a University of Michigan fan.

16. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Oh....i KNOW! Favre to Evans would be SWEET! And it would have been nice to have a powerful DE! I knew he wouldn't be on the boards too long!