Bad Work Ethic or Straight Up Money Down the Drain?

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I can't figure out why the Raider fans would be bashing him now that he's left via free agency to go somewhere else.

What is this world coming to?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't say I disagree with most of that.

I still think C-wood's first 4 seasons are largely unblemished and defendable. It makes it hard to write-off his obvious slacker and underachieving ways. Do I still like him? Yes, conditionally. Is he a good football player? Yes, but he could be an amazing football player.

Well put by that member..

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Yeah, I can't figure out why the Raider fans would be bashing him now that he's left via free agency to go somewhere else.

You mean like this forum did when Longwell signed with the Queens and actually has the audacity to imply that Minnesota may have a better selection of restaurants than Green Bay??? :roll: IMO, it demonstrates a complete lack of class on the part of the fans that did that. IIRC, one poster even implied Longwell's wife was going to have an affair with Brad Childress once she got to Minnesota. Nothing like dragging a man's family into an old-fashioned mud-slinging.... :bs:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
NDPackerFan said:

You mean like this forum did when Longwell signed with the Queens and actually has the audacity to imply that Minnesota may have a better selection of restaurants than Green Bay??? :roll: IMO, it demonstrates a complete lack of class on the part of the fans that did that. IIRC, one poster even implied Longwell's wife was going to have an affair with Brad Childress once she got to Minnesota. Nothing like dragging a man's family into an old-fashioned mud-slinging.... :bs:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

You mean like "SOME" on this forum did when Longwell signed with the Queens and actually has the audacity to imply that Minnesota may have a better selection of restaurants than Green Bay???

I was sick of the Longwell scene when it became apparent he was going to blame just about everyone else for his misses every time....can't speak for anyone else here.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
You mean like "SOME" on this forum did when Longwell signed with the Queens and actually has the audacity to imply that Minnesota may have a better selection of restaurants than Green Bay???

I was sick of the Longwell scene when it became apparent he was going to blame just about everyone else for his misses every time....can't speak for anyone else here.

NDPackerfan,

Regardless of how Longwell's final season in Green Bay rubbed you, the fact remains that some posters on this forum bashed him after he already signed with the Queens.

I will concur that he seemed to always have an excuse why someone else made him miss, but that is no reason to bash him after he left GB via the FA, nor is it in any way justification for implying his wife is a *****.

Ryan Longwell gave us many last-second wins and was dependable in many more clutch situations than he ever missed in GB. The complete lack of respect for the man this forum demonstrated when he left for Minnesota is no more justified than the bashing Charles Woodson is taking right now at raiderforum.net.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We were made to believe Ryan said certain things, but they were out of context.

I bashed him good. :)

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Ryan Longwell's best years are behind him. I will also say that he's better than anything we have now.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's always hard to lose someone that you reguarded as Packer "family." I do think Longwell is on the downside of his career. Guess we will see, hey? I don't blame the guy for following the money trail. Gotta "Make hay while the sun shines".

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Woodson or Longwell being discussed at the raidernation website? I don't wanna click the link. That's like ... yuckies going to another teams site lol

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah but I don't think the of bashing Longwell and that of Woodson are similar. Woodson was lazy and continues to be. He's Cocky and really has no reason to be as he his career hit a wall 3-4 years ago. It's completely justified. I hated Woodson in Oakland and I was not as thrilled as most that he was signed. I sucked it up and tried to have a reason for root for this guy but then he skips OTA's. Ridiculous, pure ridiculous! Lazy as always!

Longwell was unfairly bashed because he went to a rival. It'sdifferent

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nah, people were bashing him way before the season even ended. I defended him(mostly cuz of 2004 and him saving our butts) but I stopped at the end of the season, because he would constantly blame everyone else but himself, which was lame.

Then he bashed my Applebees! ROAR!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care about Longwell making a joke about Green Bay and going to the Vikings.

I mostly was sick of him blaming the holder for miss kicks. He couldn't adjust to a new one.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was when he was blaming Rob Davis, the long snapper who helped make Longwell into the kicker he is with his consistent snaps, when I jumped off the bandwagon and let him have it.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Here is one thread that was justifiably bashed before he went to a different team.

http://www.packerforum.com/index.php?na ... pic&t=2422

The point to my original reply was in regards to the bitterness and mudslinging directed at Longwell once he signed with the Queens. Now bashing him for making excuses for missed kicks (and/or general finger pointing) is one thing, but calling his wife a ***** because he signed with the Queens is something else entirely.

The original poster was surprised at the Raider fans bashing of Woodson once he left Oakland and signed with the Pack. I was only pointing out that this happens in this forum as well, and the people partaking in it are demonstrating no class whatsoever. Some of the posters on here were ready to tar and feather Favre for taking his time with the most difficult decision of his career. I guess it shouldn't seem to surprising that Longwell received such warm regards here when he left. :roll:

On an aside, do any of you seriously think Cundiff can be relied on in clutch situations, much like Longwell was for so many years? The reports I have read on here in regards to our kicking situation are far from comforting, but I guess we'll see when September comes if TT made the right decision on letting Longwell walk.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought this was a thread about Charles Woodson.

Longwell was a good kicker who wanted to finish his career in a favorable kicking arena so he could pad his stats(and income). He's gone, good riddens(although the replacements make me nervous).

Woodson may be a slacker, but his "slacking" probably is better than the alternative...A. Carroll. You feel comfortable putting Carroll out there alone again this season?

One more reminder: the real McCoy doesn't start until July 23. This is flag football.

We also don't know what Woodson had lined up for the off-season. Keep in mind Al Harris hasn't shown up, is he also a slacker?

When the money is on the line, Woodson will be there. This is the pros, not college, and your performance on game day is all that counts, not how much you can sing the team's fight song.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like Woodson's been a gamer his whole career.

I won't form an opinion until I see him play. It's not like we've never had players who half-assed it in practice and still played hard when it counted.

Decent forum over there. Raiders may be the only team in the league with fans more rabid than we are. But they're fickle, too. Players are gods when they-re wearing silver and black and turds when they're wearing something else. Sound familiar?

And I think we need this smiley here:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts